What's new

The Vault & Original Sensible Seeds - Giveaway!

Ringodoggie

Premium user
YEAH, BABY....

Team Vault... the undisputed king of promotion.

Big thanks once again to The Vault

2023-08-15 10.13.10.jpg

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Another shout out and a thank you to @The_Vault_Cannabis_Seeds and Original Sensible seeds.

This thing is definitely alien. LOL I don't believe I have ever grown such a bushy plant. And, this is after taking 20 clones and trimming a handful of fan leaves every water. She is 4 weeks into flower.

Again, big thanks to Original Sensible Seeds for breeding such incredible genetics and to The Vault for putting me onto the path.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 56
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    588.3 KB · Views: 60

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Here we are at 8 weeks. About another week and I'll take her. Amazing buds. Very nice genetics @OriginalSensibleSeeds. And, thanks again to @The_Vault_Cannabis_Seeds .

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    867.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    1,013.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    985 KB · Views: 52
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    784.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

CaptainLucky

View attachment 18856950

Hey there, Team Vaulters of IC Mag!

Discover exceptional cannabis genetics and win big with Original Sensible Seeds! 🏆 Join us as they become a part of Team Vault!

Leave a comment telling us which strains excite you the most about Original Sensible Seeds and you’ll be eligible to be the winner of a Vault t-shirt and a 5-pack of Alien Gorilla Fems!

Get more info and prizes in the link below!

See you soon, Team Vaulters!
Girl Scout Cookies looks like something I’d like to try. CL🍀

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Stopping in one more time just to shout out to @The_Vault_Cannabis_Seeds and @OriginalSensible Seeds with a big thank you.

Very nice harvest. Nice thick colas on every branch. Node spacing was amazingly close. Lot's and lots of buds all along the branches. Big, good, buds... Mr Big is definitely Bud Good, here. LOL

I'll be back one more time with the final weight and a smoke report but I am guessing this one at about 6 ounces. Not bad for one plant.

I started harvesting outside and..... not just one, but TWO neighbors came outside and complained about the smell. LMAO I took it inside and my wife started closing doors and turning on fans. LOL About 3 hours to harvest and trim this one. I feel like Dorothy in the field of poppies.

Here are a couple pics.

I am enjoying a wonderful bowl of scissor hash right now, as is my harvest tradition for many years.

Once again, thank you, OSS and TV.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

Last edited:

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Since I moved a few years ago, I have been forced to change my style of growing and I am learning and seeing some things that I have not seen before. Here is one of those things.....

I was trimming this beautiful Alien Gorilla (another thank you to Original Sensible Seeds and The Vault) that I harvested yesterday and as I was cutting the individual buds off of the colas I saw a seed drop. Then, another.

The genetics of this plant are perfect. I did a super fine search of all the buds and there are NO nanners. Zero, ziltch, notta. So, I am wondering..........Oops, oh yeah, remember I was doing some breeding experiments in the other grow room. Now, I remember.......

[FLASHBACK]
My wife looked at me in the kitchen and asked me, "Are you making bread?" as she looked down at my pants (which at 70 years old, is not often) LOL I noticed powdery hand prints like flour on my black jeans. Yeah, it was pollen. When I was experimenting in the other grow room I got the pollen all over the place. Like the first time I did dry sift and covered my furniture with dry sift dust. LOL Anyway, now we know how this plant was to come to produce seeds.

OK, that was a nice story but here is the part I have never seen before...

In my search through the buds I never found a single seed. No seed pods, nothing. Just super frosty female flowers. So, where were the seeds coming from? All along the fat stem of the main colas at the base of each individual bud are the 2 individual calyx that are always there. However, this time each one was filled with a beautiful ripe and mature seed. Beautiful seeds. But, like I said, I have never seen a plant produce seeds ONLY in the calyx.

I assume these are a cross between the Alien Gorilla (photo/fem) and the White Widow (auto/fem) pollen that was all over the place.

Anyway, I just thought I would share this little anomaly (at least to me). I can't wait to get one of these into dirt and see what I get. :)

seeds.jpg

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Nice … must have been a little pollen in the air during preflower… sounds like a good mix
Yes, there absolutely was a LOT of pollen in the air during preflower!!!! So, that is the answer. Thanks very much. I just leaned something new about growing pot. Damn, 50 years and I still don't know beans. LOL

This plant was veg'd in the same tent that I was doing my pollen/sex reversal thing. So, it got blasted with pollen every day. I was not concerned because it was in veg stage. I was not aware that a plant could be affected by pollen before flowering. And, it was definitely in preflower because I had to veg this plant for 12 weeks before I could make room in a 12/12 room.

So, I leaned that a female plant can be pollinated in the preflower stage. And, it's super cool that the seeds only formed on the calyx.

You solved the mystery. :) I'm glad it wasn't from me being careless AFTER I put it in the 12/12 room.

Thanks again. I owe ya a beer. :)

mr.brunch

Veteran
Yes, there absolutely was a LOT of pollen in the air during preflower!!!! So, that is the answer. Thanks very much. I just leaned something new about growing pot. Damn, 50 years and I still don't know beans. LOL

This plant was veg'd in the same tent that I was doing my pollen/sex reversal thing. So, it got blasted with pollen every day. I was not concerned because it was in veg stage. I was not aware that a plant could be affected by pollen before flowering. And, it was definitely in preflower because I had to veg this plant for 12 weeks before I could make room in a 12/12 room.

So, I leaned that a female plant can be pollinated in the preflower stage. And, it's super cool that the seeds only formed on the calyx.

You solved the mystery. :) I'm glad it wasn't from me being careless AFTER I put it in the 12/12 room.

That is very interesting 🤔 I didn’t realise preflowers could be pollinated without affecting the grow…. Could be useful for the future

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor

I pollinated pre flowers on purpose and it worked great. Having the seeds at the ‘joints’ make them easy to gather.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Well, everything is properly dried and into jars for curing. I don't usually smoke pot until it's cured 2 to 6 months but I rolled a fattie of this and it was very nice. Not too terpy. Floral not spicy flavor. I'll know more about taste and aroma in a few months.

The yield was awesome. Just short of 6 ounces. 4 ounces of primo cola bud and a couple ounces of popcorn.

Congrats to Original Sensible seeds on nice genetics.

Cydonia

a toss up between Apple Fritter and Grape Soda. I guess I'll have a fit here. Why do you do this too. me. So I'll dream order the Apple Fritter. Why, well for one I have never grown out a fem seed before. I always bought regular's. The mix of the sour apple x animal cookies reminds me of a animal cracker joke -
Why I had to throw an entire box of animal crackers away.

The seal was broken.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Well, I said the previous post was my last but........ the 20 cones I took from the original mother are now ready for harvest. I did give 4 of the clones away and 4 died from my stupid use of Spinosad as an experiment. (RIP). However, 12 of the clones are now ready for harvest and they look wonderful.

I got about 6 ounces from the mother plant and will probably get about 2 to 3 ounces from each of these. That's about 2 pounds of pot from a single seed. Gypsy is correct when he says, "It all starts with a single seed".

The whiteflies are brutal this year.

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    632.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    611.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    794.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    792 KB · Views: 29

Ringodoggie

Premium user
The white flies don't get stuck to and inside of your bud?

I didn't think about it until now but, I didn't see any white flies when I was looking at the trichomess (60x scope) a few moments ago.

They stay mostly on the large leaves. Nature must tell them to stay away from the sticky buds. Too bad she didn't include sticky traps in her DNA. LOL

However, I am about to change my methods on harvesting outdoor pot. I'm in the SoCal desert and it can get pretty dusty and windy here. I guess that's just part of the 'sun grown' experience but I like my pot as clean as possible. I am thinking about learning the water harvest thing. Wash them in some H2O and H2O2. I don't know anything about it but there's plenty of info here.

The good news is that I give away about 80% of my outdoor. I smoke mostly my indoor grown. People love my outdoor. In a single word, the most common reply I get is "Smooth, not like that dispensary stuff". LOL

To me, that's about the best compliment I can get. :)

I am going to take another look and see if I see them in the buds.

Latest posts

Latest posts