What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Super Duper Beautiful or Trippy Photo Thread!

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I still can't figure out how/where they kept that statue that allowed it to go floating away downstream just like that.....

gnx9NUO.jpg

wonder why she waited all that much time to do it :dunno:

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
I like Alternate or Fantasy maps. This one is the colonized Mars or a part of it. If you gave in Valles Marineris at google you can find the version, you can enlarge.

For the size,

picture.php

In the 164th year of colonisatzion.

picture.php

164 Martian years since the first colonists landed on the Red Planet, the planet sports a decently thick (500 millibar) carbon dioxide atmosphere. This, combined with a cocktail of more exotic greenhouse gases, has made the planet warm enough that the equatorial region is above freezing for half of the year. A tenuous water cycle exists, with semi-permanent lakes and streams forming in canyons and craters across the equatorial band. Snowfall is common. Shrubs, mosses, lichen, and algae have begun to colonize the warmer, wetter places.
It's spring, and the winter melt has begun. The residents of Valles Marineris don't notice. 50 M-years ago, the largest canyon system in the solar system was been tented over and made liveable. The thick tent, kept aloft by the higher pressure inside, enclosing an area twice the size of California, is truly an engineering marvel. It blocks some UV radiation and acts as a greenhouse, warming the previously firgid valley to t-shirt weather. Inside, people go about their daily lives, able to breathe Earthlike air under a Martian sky. Over 20 million people, or 40% of all Martians, call Valles Marineris home, making it the economic, cultural, and financial center of Mars.
Parts of the Valles Marineris canyon system have been allowed to remain "pristine", in order to facilitate Aerological exploration. The ever increasing snowfall has, however, begun to threaten these ancient environments. Some anti-terraforming activists have begun to call a halt to terraforming, or even de-terraforming. Valles Marineris, they say, shows that it's possible to live a comfortable, contained life on an alien world without destroying billions of years of scientific data and beauty. Advocates of terraforming say that the Valles Marineris habitat, while incredible, is far from a truly natural environment, and that as long as Mars remains uninhabitable, the lives of all people on Mars are under threat. A failure in the tent could kill 20 million people.
The Mariners are split on these issues, but have nevertheless begun to help tent over other canyon systems, basins, and craters to serve as more comfortable living spaces for a generation of new Martians. Some joke that if the Mariners have their way, the whole planet will be tented in 100 M-Years' time. The Mariners seem fine with that.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and so now finally @ nearly 62yrs old, it dawns on me on me as to the advantages of being a very short person ;)

Yes, dancing with a tall woman has the advantage of providing a place to rest yur nose.

Reminds me of a joke.

Carol stormed into HR furious.

"Greg told me my hair smells wonderful!!"

Cynthia asks, "What's wrong with that?"

"Greg is a midget!"

Latest posts

Latest posts