What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Super Duper Beautiful or Trippy Photo Thread!

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
"Old Shaky"

C-124 Globemaster on the ice at the South Pole in 1956.....Dad took this picture during "Operation Deep Freeze"...

Attachments

• C-124 Globemaster.jpg
    C-124 Globemaster.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 21

TANO

🍒TANITO🍒
Veteran
1956 CHEVROLET NOMAD CUSTOM WAGON

1956 CHEVROLET NOMAD CUSTOM WAGON

965d32fa3832a08daae4cbfb1afa7842.jpg

I love classic American cars of the 50s ...
this is my encyclopedia book bought in 1990

picture.php

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

hey TANITO, nice choice of a hobby, of course just set your google search for any cars & you'll find probably hundreds of specific pics.

I grew up in the '60s (born in '56) and cars like that Nomad were mixed into the then current lot of race cars we'd see, I lived in the burbs (Westchester county) north of NYC; hot rodders raced up n' down Central Ave in Yonkers like in American Graffiti.......

09AiRGK.jpg

When it was my turn I had a 1971 Barracuda convertible like this (no hood pins on mine, and I had chrome bumpers) that was more show & less go. My 2nd hot rod was a '72 El Camino (dying to get a '59 El Camino) that was fast fast fast :yoinks:

5GuecFZ.jpg

my El Camino didn't have those ugly rails, but this was my stock paint & vinyl roof. It was pearl white when my paint guy in Mt Vernon got done with it. My Camino had several engine modifications & would gobble up an awful lot of cars on the street.

So although I saw many of the 50s/60s hot rods growing up, I was a '70s kinda guy when it came to cars. Although my very first high school car was a 1955 Oldsmobile Rocket 88, it was stock.

dddaver

Veteran
Were we ever this young:

View Image

70 years old this week, damn.

BTW kids, that's Robert Plant of the Who

Born '55 stoner. My first car was a '49 Dodge I bought from my brother for $15 because it needed a Master Brake Cylinder and we couldn't get one. Sold it to a friend for $30. Then I bought a '65 Corvair convertible from my Dad's buddy who used it to drive it to go play golf. I paid him $50 for it. Sold it for $85. Bought both those cars before I was 16 and could drive. But I would drive both around the yard and into the street if I knew my mother wasn't looking. Either car would be worth HUGE bucks today.

I was born and grew up in central NYS.

ChinggisKhaan

One of my co-workers had a Catalina. We lived in LA at the time. Always joking that that car was bigger than a boat so they named it after Catalina Island off the LA coast

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Just in case anyone else is really stoned, and feeling a bit dazed and confused..or been riding the 5:15...:biggrin: ....

picture 1: The Who, Roger Daltrey, lead vocals

picture 2: Led Zeppelin, Robert Plant, lead vocals

Now these 2 guys are a couple of great rock and roll singers.....

:tiphat:

Attachments

• who.jpg
    who.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 11
  • zep.jpg
    zep.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Latest posts