What's new

The Root Brake

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
looking great! please keep pics flowing! will you flower them after those couple days?

Mrpiston38

wow very impressive but arnt they going to get crowded in there and the potential to get root bound and start fighting for root space? well that would be my concern. if it were i would plant a few less and try different tech's to improve yeild (femming, topping, supper cropping ect.) very nice grow indeed. dont wana rain on the party.. :)

Mr.P

P

Pandemic

They started bending towards the light this morning. Phototropism has to be a sign that they are doing o.k. I let them hang out under a 400w all day and then prepped them for flower. They were kinda droopy so I mixed up 8 oz filtered water .5cc Superthrive and 1cc FHD Suck-it-up, I Foliared.

I just happened to take this pic before the spray, it kinda shows the droop

Then about 4 hours later, loving life!

I was totally amazed by a Superthrive foliar! Try it, Try it, Try it!

I laid down some plastic sheeting and then the lids of the totes.

Everything plugged in:

Moving:

Installed:

I Put a a light curtain over the door, it is just 4 yards of black fleece.

Lights-on Lights-off

The mothers love getting their room back

This shows it more, all clustered under the light

The Bonsais want a piece too

It will take a few nights getting used to sleeping next to this fan combo

This will help

And since I will be sleeping a few feet away

Last edited:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
MMMM I love a good Boddingtons, I have never had the pub ale, I normally stick with the Cream ale

Room is blowing up, I am anxiously awaiting your brake to be put into action, I am always thinking about growing out some totes, very interested in your experiment

danktown

looking good pandemic! i remember the days of sleeping next to inline fans lol, the brews def help...pullin up a chair for the duration of yer show! :joint:

P

Pandemic

This is really going to take some time before I can sleep next to it.
I just have do do it, probably sober would help.
Like the sailor and the fog horn.
Anyway I worked through most of this:

And I still ended up going out on the couch until after they went to bed.
I can sleep with the 4", but that plus a 6" and a hot ass room.
I guess I will be crackin' windows.
Finishing up the Holland beer and working on this:

Kids are healthy and reaching for the sky.
I expect any deficiencies they experienced in the cups will be resolved in the next few days.
All are between 6" and 8"

Last edited:
P

Pandemic

Pistils already, I don't like it.
Six days, I was wanting more stretch.
7" - 9".

I have had this sitting under the sink

Mixed up half strength and WOW (filtered water is 7.1-7.3)

Knocked it back to something more manageable

The green bottle helps

Spray until runoff

Last edited:

BubsNugs

Sweet looking grow dude.... lol @ the sleeping probs the sacrifices we make for our ladies eh?

Will be intresting to see how the brake idea works ....Such an intresting hobby allways something new to try eh

Peace

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
when do you spray? before or after the daylight period? My daylight period happens at night and I'm wanting to spray some neem, but can only do that at night and water burns worry me...

Your Sadhus look a lot sativa leaning! Have you seen purple stems?

Last edited:
P

Pandemic

I sprayed after lights off.
I couldn't find anything specific on the Liquid Light, really what I found said either way.
After spraying I thought it would make more sense to spray about 15 minutes before lights on since this is designed to enhance the utilization of light.(?)
It was an after thought this time anyway, I will get them on a schedule for the rest of flower, or at least until I start adding the Gravity.
Anyone have any experience mixing the two - Liquid Light and Humboldt's Gravity?
I expect to discontinue the use of LL in late flower and that's when Gravity is used so there may not be any overlap

I have one purple stem pheno. I know what you mean because last go-around I had 12 that all purpled the same. Tell me about her.

Adv. grow topic... root growth in 12/12

This post right here has me wondering, growing an indica dominant, how effective the Brakes will be.
I may have wasted a lot of soil on this run.
If so all I did is find out for sure that you shouldn't Brake Indicas. We all will find out in 7 weeks!

Last edited:

Locoporro

Hello Pandemic

I like your way to grow , all these clones on this mix of coco , perlite , wormcasting and other stuffs , That's very original... But dont you think that can be worzst if you have a cryptogamic disease ???

What is the strain of your Bonzai Mums ? Kalichakra and what else ?

Continue like that Bro , i watch this thread with a lot of attention !!!

Ps : Sorry Smileys doesn't work on my computer^^

P

Pandemic

Locoporro said:
I like your way to grow , all these clones on this mix of coco , perlite , wormcasting and other stuffs , That's very original... But dont you think that can be worzst if you have a cryptogamic disease ???

Thanks man! The mix is not too original. It is just 2 bags of Fox Farms and one bag of Botanicare Aeration formula.
I don't know what cryptogamic disease is...hope I don't find out.

What is the strain of your Bonzai Mums
I have a little of everything bonsaied. Two phenos of Diesel (about 10 bonsais right there) then there is the Sadhu (what this thread is about) and some Hashplant and Skunky Haze.

P

Pandemic

The Rapture

The Rapture

I haven't seen a night under 86 degrees, max 93.
My idea of heating the room with the lights is busted! Way too much heat to deal with here.
My window is open about 3 feet during below freezing nights and I can't sleep with more than a sheet on me.

I decided to air-cool right.

Took some hardware cloth and rolled it up to a < 6" cylinder.

(yeah there is about 150g of trim in that bucket of ice water ... ala Gumby)

I "sewed" the tube up with some twist-tie material and taped up the end that is going inside the ducting.
This just helps it slide up in there and not mutilate the duct.

I think we're jammin' now!

P

Pandemic

There is no substitute for doing things right.

I was able to drop the lights and the temperature!!
Light are down about 2 feet, yeah almost a whole two feet!
Temps have dropped about 5 degrees, and that is with the lights that much closer.

I sprayed the Liquid Light, half strength again and this time 15 minutes before lights on.
They seemed to like that better.
Everybody is about 12"

Last edited:
P

Pandemic

I hit them with a 3/4 strength solution of Liquid Light + Penetrator 15 minutes before light on last night. This morning they were all about an inch taller! Some of that is early flower stretch but having seen Sadhu flower a few times before I know this is having a profound effect. I also noticed there was the slightest tip burn on many of the leaves. I am feeding no nutes so this is due to the LL. I started out at 1/2 strength for one week and am slowly increasing it.

This is day 12 of flower:

P

Pandemic

Break Yo Self!

Break Yo Self!

Day 15 of Flower.

The roots are just starting to form a mat. I pulled all 3 Brakes.

Good healthy roots down there.

This is the next day. They are on fire!
I am delaying the Liquid Light for right now.

Drips

Right now I am just throwing water on them...Makin' it rain!!!!
Puddles, erosion. There's got to be a better way.
To take them out of the closet and water properly would disturb the beds too much I think.
There is a little pushing and shoving going on.

I know nothing of drip systems so hopefully you all can help me out here.
This will just be for irrigation, I am not planning of using any additional nutrients.

I went by the local home improvement store and checked out their stock. Came home and designed this.
I have a spare eco-plus 396 that I would like to run this with.
Total size is 2' x 7'

Will my 396 give semi-even watering?
Can I run 1/4 through out the system?
Would a manifold help me out that much?

My goal here is to simplify watering with local components and keep it under $50.

Any drip experts feel free to tear my system apart and tell em how to do it right.

Last edited:
B

badugi

Love the use of the light mover; how are you liking it? I'm a big fan of the Light Rail 5.

I think 396gph is too small for that many sites. Elevation (head pressure) is very important. I would forget the drip emitters and go open-ended 1/4" tubing with a bigger pump (and throttle down using a valve if necessary). 1000gph submersible runs $35, and tubing for a few more so the $50 neighborhood is very realistic. I used PVC and 1/4" barbs, tapped & threaded (DIY), for my drip manifolds.

Nice work all around the room. :yes: You kinda remind me of me.

Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Pandemic said:
I have one purple stem pheno. I know what you mean because last go-around I had 12 that all purpled the same. Tell me about her.

It was a male :badday:

The two female sadhus left differ a lot from each other. Sadhu #1 has very fat, almost bluish leafs, very squat, is the shortest plant of the batch (its height is about 1/3 the smalles kalichakra put to flower at the same time), has no internodal distance, everything is "superstacked" and very dense, it's the one taking more horizontal space and also it's the slowest flowering of the bunch, something that surprised me being indica...

Sadhu #3 leafs while on the indica side are thinier, it's about 8in taller, airier and gives the most notoriously vigorous clones of the batch (12 plants, 3 strains) I also like plant structure, more airier, with lower branches raising to bring budsites closer to light (christmas tree)

Man you're handy! your grow looks to be going veeery nice, glad you noticed the growth explosion after pulling the brakes, I understand you when you say having growing sadhu you have noticed it this time.

How do you feel is plant density? BTW I put mine to flower at the same time as you, so we're flowering at the same time.

Last edited:
P

Pandemic

I checked out the emitters and it says you can use 40 with 50 PSI.
I will have nowhere near 50PSI unless I buy a $200 plus pump so I'm still thinking.

I thought about configuring it like this:

I have also thought about just throwing water balloons into the back corners, what say you?
:laughing:

Here is a blank one you guys can edit.

Latest posts

Latest posts