What's new

The Real Sour D

kro-magnon

Veteran
What are you using to feed her, I have some Sowahh from karma in bloom and I struggle to feed them enough, they had a nice shade of green until week 6 but since a good number of their fan leaves have faded, the smaller leaves are still dark green.
I use Terra Aquatica(ex GHE organic line) Grow/Bloom/Bloom Booster and some Cal/mag.
One of the females I have is very similar to your plant pictured here but her leaves are a bit narrower.

LostTribe

Premium user
What are you using to feed her, I have some Sowahh from karma in bloom and I struggle to feed them enough, they had a nice shade of green until week 6 but since a good number of their fan leaves have faded, the smaller leaves are still dark green.
I use Terra Aquatica(ex GHE organic line) Grow/Bloom/Bloom Booster and some Cal/mag.
One of the females I have is very similar to your plant pictured here but her leaves are a bit narrower.
I had a meter issue again. I swear these things are getting hacked. They are greening up now and back on tap and jacks 321 full strength with 1ml/gal Mr Fulvic ph 6.0.

LostTribe

Premium user
I did increase the Epsom and Part B by about 10% each. My preferred media is Hydroton and recirculating ebb flow paired with vertical hanging HPS and as you can see I always have issues in coco/led.

kro-magnon

Veteran
I did increase the Epsom and Part B by about 10% each. My preferred media is Hydroton and recirculating ebb flow paired with vertical hanging HPS and as you can see I always have issues in coco/led.
I find she looks pretty good in your pictures here, I'm sure she's darker green in person, the blue:white light of the LEDs have a tendency to make the color look more pale than they really are, it doesn't modify the colors as much as HPS but it still modify them on pics.
My first run with the Sowahh under LEDs have many yellowing fan leaves, I hope to find how to make them happy in the next runs.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
I find she looks pretty good in your pictures here, I'm sure she's darker green in person, the blue:white light of the LEDs have a tendency to make the color look more pale than they really are, it doesn't modify the colors as much as HPS but it still modify them on pics.
My first run with the Sowahh under LEDs have many yellowing fan leaves, I hope to find how to make them happy in the next runs.
Its not bad if your fan leafs are yellow in late flowering. I prefere low N plants for smoke.

LostTribe

Premium user
Its not bad if your fan leafs are yellow in late flowering. I prefere low N plants for smoke.
Certainly, but its week 4.5 over here! They are already a tad greener. Coco and led are for the birds, but I didnt have the sour at 100% last hydro run either with 5 strains on one recirculating res. This round is 6 different strains on DTW coco and hard to keep them all happy even with a zeroed out meter. I think its just dirty and have another but went to the measurements and drops to be sure, another nice thing about Jacks 321. Think I am at 175ml of 1 gallon concentrates per 5 gallons tap water. I was at 250ml/5 gal RO but wanted more calcium for the coco bullshit. Ah but I run the jacks 321 as a 3 part otherwise the part A and Epsom drop out of solution. So 175ml x 3 parts per 5 gallons tap.

Per 100 gal
378.54 grams Part A
98.94 Epsom Salt
252.36 Part B
I mix these in a 3 x 1 gallon jugs making 1 gallon total concentrate solution (less than 1 gal actual water due to the salts taking room) USE RO WATER.

so 175ml each of 3 concentrates / 5 gal tap gives me about 1.8-1.9ec I'll check when I zero the meter. 250ml of each 3/5gal RO was giving me 2.4ec 5.8ph exactly.

Last edited:

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Certainly, but its week 4.5 over here! They are already a tad greener. Coco and led are for the birds, but I didnt have the sour at 100% last hydro run either with 5 strains on one recirculating res. This round is 6 different strains on DTW coco and hard to keep them all happy even with a zeroed out meter. I think its just dirty and have another but went to the measurements and drops to be sure, another nice thing about Jacks 321. Think I am at 175ml of 1 gallon concentrates per 5 gallons tap water. I was at 250ml/5 gal RO but wanted more calcium for the coco bullshit. Ah but I run the jacks 321 as a 3 part otherwise the part A and Epsom drop out of solution. So 175ml x 3 parts per 5 gallons tap.

Per 100 gal
378.54 grams Part A
98.94 Epsom Salt
252.36 Part B
I mix these in a 3 x 1 gallon jugs making 1 gallon total concentrate solution (less than 1 gal actual water due to the salts taking room) USE RO WATER.

so 175ml each of 3 concentrates / 5 gal tap gives me about 1.8-1.9ec I'll check when I zero the meter. 250ml of each 3/5gal RO was giving me 2.4ec 5.8ph exactly.
I saw your pictures your plants seems fine.
Keeping plants happy with leds only is pain in the ass.
And Sour Diesel genetics are probably the most finicky there is.
And SD cross to....but If you done it good you will know why people rave about Sours.
With leds you want temps around 28 C
And lot of fresh air prefarably bit dryer.

LostTribe

Premium user
5 weeks
20240510_154448.jpg
20240510_154506.jpg