What's new

The real road-kill (loud skunk)

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh

My

God

A thread dedicated to 90's-2000's ROADKILL SKUNK?
This is the weed that truly mesmerized me, even after some years of smoking, when I was in early high school. I would do ANYTHING to get this stuff back. Much like has been mentioned here, I'd gone down this rabbit hole before I started growing, and am under the impression that the FBI destroyed it and it will likely never come back

A few breeders claim to have access to the OG mother -- mostly a guy by the name of "The Nature Farm" on Instagram

Have never heard of any success from the beans, sadly.

Skunk 18 is actually a skunk plant. Unlike skunk #1.

The story about it is questionable but still possible.

I tested it last year. It's not the skunk, which I've found in a few specimens I've made since 2022.

Skunk 18 leans more to vynil or shoe polish a little watered down but I will bet if someone made seeds and grew out 100 of them there possibly could be some dandies.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This pic bears SOME similarities but certainly not all of it, from my memory, it was much more lime green, less dense, and so sticky you could quite literally press it to the wall with your thumb and it'd stay there forever

The true test is the ziploc test. It could be inside 5 ziplocs and still dank the entire place out without wanting to!

Opening your jacket with this stuff in your pocket back in the day was insane
I've finally managed to make some decent skunk in 2022, and last year.

They are sweating now so we will see.

I could smell them 300 steps away up hill on a wind less night. It's also surrounded by trees. So is the house

Every year I test gifts, and crosses I've made and others'

I've recently had to move a tray of clones as they need transplanting and when the wind shifts my whole house reeks of dead skunk

ice minus

I've finally managed to make some decent skunk in 2022, and last year.

They are sweating now so we will see.

I could smell them 300 steps away up hill on a wind less night. It's also surrounded by trees. So is the house

Every year I test gifts, and crosses I've made and others'

I've recently had to move a tray of clones as they need transplanting and when the wind shifts my whole house reeks of dead skunk

Wow! Med Man! I actually know who you are dude, I've seen you in Toronto at our LIFT festivals (or a similar one, maybe Karma) back when I lived in the GTA I passed your booth for sure back in the day!

So cool man, never thought I'd be on a forum where I'd be interacting with such accomplished growers directly

I'm a total noob so obviously have no further input to offer except as someone VERY familiar with the original plant (it made me a lot of beer money in high school! lmao)

Sincerely thank you for not giving up on the hunt for this forgotten relic of cannabis history

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow! Med Man! I actually know who you are dude, I've seen you in Toronto at our LIFT festivals (or a similar one, maybe Karma) back when I lived in the GTA I passed your booth for sure back in the day!

So cool man, never thought I'd be on a forum where I'd be interacting with such accomplished growers directly

I'm a total noob so obviously have no further input to offer except as someone VERY familiar with the original plant (it made me a lot of beer money in high school! lmao)

Sincerely thank you for not giving up on the hunt for this forgotten relic of cannabis history
Cool man

I've had a subforum on here since circa 2012.

It's great to have you here

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Finally found some time to transplant the clones.

Took a strong wiff of the cat spray acapulco becuase they all have ripe or iver ripe or reverting flowers

Me oh my oh my, she has the strongest onion, garlic and body odor smell. Average people must think we arw sickies but it sm3lled wonderful

I'm stoked I actually took clones of these 2

20240908_194926.jpg

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Started to jar up the tops from all the videos I made / shared

So nice to have some real skunk back in my life.

And many landraces to help med-ucate myself on old / original terps and how they carry thru crosses

Limon verde / verde limon aka limon was a great surprise. No intersex issues, you can tell this one made its way from colombia based on the smell and look. Almost exactly like my pure peru (what I beleive is colombian gold) just instead of lime skunk fuel. Replace with lemon and some subtle orange lingering in the bottom of 1 pheno.

Her progeny with the narco gold will be called lima verde as it's the capital of peru and the added lime to the cross

20240912_110229.jpg
20240912_110300.jpg

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Acapulco cat spray.

Gotta say one of the most unique landraces I've grown.

After dry/sweat there is an extremely small lemon haziness lurking in the bottom. Cat spray staying true with a dark, deep, dank pungency.

Very excited what the cross with the pre soviet afghani and narco gold will hold

Massive bracts to match the loud

20240912_110324.jpg

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
70s 3 (secret recipe)

This one was a big surprise. Was the smallest afghanica type out of the 3, but evolved a strong garlic, onion sulphur spiciness that the other 2 are lower in

I didn't take clones of this one but will be rooting her when I harvest the Bottoms (redundancy is key when breeding)

20240912_110357.jpg

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
70s 2, this one was old school road-kill when harvested.

Still is, but dry cure evolved a dash of fermented fruit (myrcene popped in processing)

I've tried to smoke some, makes me hack like a son of a bitch, strong effect behind the eyes. Smell look and taste reminds me of the first skunk I ever saw or smoked, def a keeper

20240912_110427.jpg

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
70s 1

Basically a 50 50 blend of 2 and 3. More real old school skunk

20240912_110459.jpg

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
80s 1

More sharp Citrus that reminds me of some of the last packs I ever saw around 95/96

Not like haze, more sour / fermented. Not overwhelming but adding to the skunk pungency . Super loud

20240912_113015.jpg

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
80s 2 (keeper)

Less sour fermented Citrus, more burnt rubber, chem, sulphur, ammonia spent coffee.

20240912_113158.jpg

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
90s 2 (keeper)

Based in the parents I wasn't expecting much from this line, #3 looked like the donkey dick rks clone but was more perfume.

This was the runt in the back that was hard to access and me oh my she is a winner in terps.

I was cracking the jar all night last night. Might be a better version of 70s 2. Burnt rubber top. Away from the jar and in the jar. Checks all the boxes.

Need to run the clone with more attention.

Side note, had same growth pattern as 70s 2, one big dick with shorter nubs for arms

20240912_113914.jpg

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Decided to crop most of the Bottoms today

Been 83 days since I shock flowered them

As far as bloom time goes in dark hours its more like 105 in crop steering

This is great becuase I have tops to smoke and share, seeds that at least are 95% ripe, and most the indocas and hybrids have converted their thc to cbd (what I make my sleep/dream tincture from)

It also may not taste the best but if I need some lights out flower I can smoke for sleep too

20240912_185756.jpg

Always make sure to clearly mark all your work with tape. Back them up with other ways to label as well like garden tie, clips etc

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Once again, something very special about the 90s skunk short pheno

Even past peak harvest window she reeks better and louder then true og kush, not the Afghanis that roared thru bc, but the sativa. Just all Roadkill.

The reason why so so stoked is I really didn't expect the parents to make this result

Screenshot_20240912_191759_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240912_191817_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240912_191837_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240912_191902_Gallery.jpg

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Screenshot_20240912_192938_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240912_192856_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240912_192817_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240912_192840_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240912_192719_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240912_192746_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240912_192630_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240912_192654_Gallery.jpg

Acapulcos are still stellar. Both phenos

These Bottoms aren't as old as some of the other Bottoms.

Latest posts

Latest posts