What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

420club
Hmm - that reminds me oldman - they have a huge orchid arrangement in the lobby of the hotel back in Bangkok - I'll have to remember to photograph it - just for you - when I'm back there in 3 weeks or so -
That sounds great Gypsy, I like orchids and will be looking forward to your photos.:)
The photos you have been posting have me wishing I was there enjoying the beach and ocean. The food looks very appetizing. What a wonderful travel destination your on. Enjoy.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I'm happy, my one orchid started going into the flowering phase and yesterday I noticed my second newest orchid is going into the flowering phase...they are slow to bloom but the flowers last for months and months.

Which reminds me, anyone remember a member from years ago called orchidman?
What do they look like when they go into flowering mode. I have one from last year that is still green and I lightly water. Maybe it will bloom again this year?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
That sounds great Gypsy, I like orchids and will be looking forward to your photos.:)
The photos you have been posting have me wishing I was there enjoying the beach and ocean. The food looks very appetizing. What a wonderful travel destination your on. Enjoy.
Took a walk down to the local village centre yesterday - and you can now buy 'erb openly from this Thai fella I met years ago - he's got his own shop now -
1000006741.jpg
1000006740.jpg

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Evening folks. Baby asleep. Kitties fed for the night. Eating a peanut butter sandwich with a glass of whole milk. Out of raw milk. Whole milk seems so thin compared to real milk.
I haven’t had real milk in a while. My cousins (that live a couple hours away) have a farm where you can buy shares into a cow for a share of the milk. It’s not legal to sell raw milk here but in Georgia, you could buy fresh milk and cream but they had to write for animal use only on the carton. They don’t have that here that I know of yet anyways. Do you make cheese and butter?

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
The first photo you can see a green shoot upward facing at the base of the leaves, that's the new flower stem. The second photo the flower stem is very obvious growing out of the leaves base.
View attachment 19090160 View attachment 19090159
Mine does not have that. Do they bloom every year? This is the first one I ever had. It lasted for a really long time, I mean months I think before the bloom died. Maybe it will bloom again? I haven’t given it much water. When it bloomed, I gave it three ice cubes a week. That’s what it said on the tag.
IMG_0810.jpeg

your plants are really nice 🥰

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Gypsy you had some purple punch the other day, how did you like it?
Quite honestly - all the 'erb I've tried so far has worked - got me nicely toasted - no racy heart spasms - or paranoia - most of the old school paranoia in Thailand years past - was to do with the illegality of the plant - and fearing getting banged up in a Thai jail - which won't happen these days - so don't have to get stressed and worry about that any more -

oldmaninbc

420club
Mine does not have that. Do they bloom every year? This is the first one I ever had. It lasted for a really long time, I mean months I think before the bloom died. Maybe it will bloom again? I haven’t given it much water. When it bloomed, I gave it three ice cubes a week. That’s what it said on the tag. View attachment 19090169
your plants are really nice 🥰
The bigger orchid took about 5 years to rebloom but blooms every year now for the past 5 years. When the stem comes out it takes weeks before there are flowers but they last half a year.
The smaller orchid was given to me last year and has decided to bloom now.

I run a liter of water through the pot between one and two weeks, fertilize fairly often before bloom.

After it blooms cut the stem back to about an inch.
Don't let water sit where the leaves come together, it can get a fungus. I used cinnamon to cure the fungus on the larger orchid.

Latest posts

Latest posts