What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

420club
I had perfectly cooked brisket today. I really need to learn how to do that. He sliced some and chopped some. I had the chopped on a bun with hot sauce. It was awesome.
We went to a restaurant in the city on my birthday a few years back. Soon as you got close to the place you could smell a smoker, walking through the door you got a strong hit of a smoker. I didn't like the brisket, I thought it was over smoked and the brisket just kind of fell apart, I like some firmness in the meat.

Enjoyed my Mrs birthday meal a couple weeks later at the Mexican place, it was considerably better.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Bears - particularly Ice Bears - are not the happy/cuddly animals that children are led to believe - nearly every kid I've raised had Teddy Bears - and this gives a wrong impression of how dangerous bears can be - so kids grow up thinking that they can just go cuddle - the real live animal - as in the case of this young lady - who's now got the world's press - onto her sad story - which could've been much - much - worse -

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Bears - particularly Ice Bears - are not the happy/cuddly animals that children are led to believe - nearly every kid I've raised had Teddy Bears - and this gives a wrong impression of how dangerous bears can be - so kids grow up thinking that they can just go cuddle - the real live animal - as in the case of this young lady - who's now got the world's press - onto her sad story - which could've been much - much - worse -
Scariest animals on land to me are bears.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Scariest animals on land to me are bears.
I agree - <thinks of Komodo Dragon's> - they can climb trees and out run a human - can be super heavy too - with great big claws and teeth - wouldn't stand a chance without weaponizing - yet we give kids the impression that bears are cuddly and harmless

- maybe from now on - all Teddy Bears need to be sold with big teeth - and big claws?

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
I agree - <thinks of Komodo Dragon's> - they can climb trees and out run a human - can be super heavy too - with great big claws and teeth - wouldn't stand a chance without weaponizing - yet we give kids the impression that bears are cuddly and harmless

- maybe from now on - all Teddy Bears need to be sold with big teeth - and big claws?
I had two dragons I kept in a pit for a buddy of mine while he was in hospital....... bears are scarier.
😆

jokerman

Premium user
Low and slow with very little actual smoke with regular flip and mop.
I use a quart jar of white vinegar 2 tablespoons salt,black pepper,red pepper flakes as base.
ThenI add fresh rosemary,oregano and dry bay leaves let sit at least overnight........... hit the meat every half hour as it cooks.
Dry rub is simple salt and pepper but the spice thing is personal do you.
😍
you said that right very little smoke

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I had two dragons I kept in a pit for a buddy of mine while he was in hospital....... bears are scarier.
😆
Oww what fun 😁 - but this pacification of wild life has to stop - and the truth be known - over the years - just about every wild animal has been made into a cuddly toy - before you know it - they will be making cuddly toys of us all - it's all so wrong - 😆

oldmaninbc

420club
I'm happy, my one orchid started going into the flowering phase and yesterday I noticed my second newest orchid is going into the flowering phase...they are slow to bloom but the flowers last for months and months.

Which reminds me, anyone remember a member from years ago called orchidman?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I'm happy, my one orchid started going into the flowering phase and yesterday I noticed my second newest orchid is going into the flowering phase...they are slow to bloom but the flowers last for months and months.

Which reminds me, anyone remember a member from years ago called orchidman?
Hmm - that reminds me oldman - they have a huge orchid arrangement in the lobby of the hotel back in Bangkok - I'll have to remember to photograph it - just for you - when I'm back there in 3 weeks or so -

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
It's a balmy morning here on Koh Lanta - warm breezes - and sudden fairly short lived thunder showers - not alot of sun - but can still feel solar rays permeating the clouds - when the skin is under it - t-shirt and shorts weather rain or shine - 6.50am - suns been up for about an hour -
2024-10-2706.50.553064682359957857475.jpg
2024-10-2706.58.046060216924921542870.jpg

Last edited: