What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I feed the jays in the back and the smaller birds out front and the squirrels take whatever they choose to.

I make a verbal sound somewhat like the jays; they associate that sound with peanuts and if they are in the vicinity and hear the sound they are there before I get all the peanuts/walnuts out.

The Stellar's Jay is BC's provincial bird, they have a reputation to uphold.:) They are rather pushy when it comes to peanuts. But I do hear them call their family if peanuts and walnuts are out in quantity.
I I like feeding all birds and critters turn around except coyotes. funny how busy to know you.

Dime

We are on a well with excellent water so just buy a pump whenever the old one goes out.........that's a exciting time.
😆
The last time I changed my pump it was -20 outside and the pvc line slipped out of my hand and it fell below the 4 inch casing. A stupid thing to do and I won't do it again.(I drilled a hole in a plate with a coupling over it so it can never happen again.)There it was about 4 feet from the top. I called a buddy who works for a drilling company and asked if they had anything to retrieve it and he said no you're fucked we only have a tool for metal pipe,gonna have to remove the pumphouse,break the cement,dig it,cut the casing and pull it up. I thought about it and grabbed my tackle box and put a muskie lure with big treble hooks on it and a wooden dowl to jam it and it took about 30 minutes of trial and error,it didn't grab well but eventually she grabbed and i slowly pulled it up,it was full of water so quite heavy ..My hands were numb Got pretty lucky for once.

Dime

Prolly should have a 2nd pump as a backup spare.... be prepared you know?
Prolly should have a 2nd pump as a backup spare.... be prepared you know?
Yep, I have a spare. I buy only burke pumps with a stainless tank at princess auto,when they go ,if you have the receipt they give you another one no charge forever,if you don't have the receipt they give you the sale price and you pay the difference,the longest one has lasted is 8 years