What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

BrassNwood

Veteran
PXL_20241016_215627537.jpg

Harvest is done but for one very Sativa plant that needs weeks more time.

PXL_20241016_215647931.jpg

Arggggggggg my poor back.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Hey there Hempkat, I'm taking 900mg of Gabapentin a day, I would not want to take more unless it was connected to the sciatic nerve pain because that pain is horrendous.
One of the problems with Gabapentin for me is it's affects. It can cause a kind of, "lack of caring" about things. On top of the morphine, I have to careful with medications.

I only get the RLS sometimes, just happens for a few days then goes away for a few weeks and then might come back for a few days. I could not imagine having it everyday, YIKES!
No problem, I was just sharing what my wife's experience was. For her it came down to the dosage before she saw any relief and even then it didn't fully treat the problem. I offered the information in case you decided to talk to your doctor (the only person you should base a prescription change on) about changing your dosage.

I didn't have the experience you did but I too was given a dosage of Gabapentin similar to yours as a non narcotic alternative to treat my back pain which is caused by spinal stenosis. With spinal stenosis changes in the spine from arthritis or degenerative disk disease put's pressure on the nerves running up the spinal column causing the pain. The doctor told me Gabapentin was for treating nerve pain. For all the good it did me I might as well have been taking 900mg of a placebo. Which is to say it did me no good what so ever. Of course RLS is a whole different issue then spinal stenosis and since it did my wife some limited good I just figured I should mention it.

HempKat

Veteran
My Mrs. has a friend who has sciatic nerve problems, she made reference to my Mrs. one day that if her pain continues on like this, "then just cut the damn leg off."

When I went through my period of terrible nerve pain, I think I would have been prepared for any type of relief, no matter how it came about. Fortunately it is under control!
There's a good chance that cutting the leg or feet off wouldn't do the trick because the problem usually starts in the lower back and then works it's way down the legs. When it's happening it feels like it's in our legs because that's the signal the brain is getting. Due to the phenomnon known as phantom limb where people feel like they still have a limb that has been amputated, there is a very real possibility the pain would continue since the nerve causing the pain is still in place and active. Perhaps a better plan would be to go in surgically and remove or in some other way deactivate the sciatic nerve. Unfortunately since I'm not a doctor I have no idea what problems might be created by doing that. I imagine since it's not a practice I've ever heard of actually being done, the side effects of doing it wouldn't be good.

HempKat

Veteran
Did my 3 mi twice. 6 miles all together. I've been doing that like a year now. I lost 60 lb I just have a little belly a good 50 pounds I still have to get rid of. Having ravioli for dinner. Laying on the sofa and watching the news feeling good. Hope your guys are all right ❤️
Okay it sounds like your walks even broken up into two parts is doing you more good then you made it seem like a couple of months ago. It's not uncommon to hit what they call a plateau ass you get closer to your target weight. Meaning you are doing what you did when the weight was coming off but now the weight doesn't seem to be coming off or it is but more slowly. There are a number of simple things you can do to help. Your diet dtill has a lot of room for improvement but you enjoy the foods you enjoy too much which makes that difficult. A real simple thing you can try while walking, that helped me when I was able to walk 5 miles daily, is while you are walking try sucking your gut in as much as you can while walking. At first you'll probably only be able to do it for short periods of time but once you recover just do it again for as long as you can. If you do it regularly you should start to find that the length of time you can do it will increase. Basically you are strengthening your core by doing this and it should help get the weight lodd going again, at the very least it should help to shrink your wasteline even if you don't notice much additional weight loss. Another thing you could do is try mixing your walking with jogging. You know, walk a bit, then speed up to a jog for as long as you can and then slow back down to a walk when you feel you can't jog anymore. Still another thing you can try is carrying two small hand weights whn you walk, one in each hand. The more you can cope with the better the results but I would say you probably wouldn't want to go any higher then 5lbs. per hand. Then while you're walking get your arms into a good swinging motion with your arm slightly bent at the elbows. Doing that will create more of an upper body workout and will increase the number of calories you are burning. It should also build up the muscle tone in your arms and chest more then just walking alone.

cola

Good Morning All (OF's):

Wishing each and every one of you, a pleasant morning, wonderful day, and outstanding evening.
I am currently pretty tied up with projects and work, so wanted to start with a daily check in hello.
Today is Thursday, and one day closer to the weekend on Friday. Will be glad for the break. TGIT!!

See you all tomorrow (again)! (y):)

Latest posts

Latest posts