What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

420club
My spine collapsed some more and quite a bit of the nerve pain in my feet disappeared instantly.
For several years before then the pain was severe and constant I was actually bugging my doctor about amputations for relief..........glad I didn't do that!
😳
My Mrs. has a friend who has sciatic nerve problems, she made reference to my Mrs. one day that if her pain continues on like this, "then just cut the damn leg off."

When I went through my period of terrible nerve pain, I think I would have been prepared for any type of relief, no matter how it came about. Fortunately it is under control!

oldmaninbc

420club
That sounds painful Dogzter, just out of interest have you or anyone else here ever tried an inversion table for your backs?

I'm thinking it may help my migraines that are from neck compression or something.
I've known a couple who used the kind of devices your referring to. My mom had a more elaborate thing she would hang upside down in, she used that until old age and all the problem bones and such fused together and her pain was gone. She said it gave her some relief. The other person(friend) had some less costly rig he hooked up to a door frame and his upper body and was suspended. He said it helped to relieve spinal related pain. Both individuals had severe spinal related problems

Sometimes even a short duration of being pain free is worth it.

oldmaninbc

420club
Hey folks, unfortunately, the only way I can get online is to use data on my phone and even then it takes forever to refresh your page. I hope all are doing well. We still have homes in this area that have water up to their windowsills and you can’t drive down the road without seeing hundreds of trees laid over with powerlines on the ground. I’ve probably got a month worth of cleanup out here and I’m not getting a lot of help from others so it’s basically the dogs and I. I built this house 25 years ago and I’ll be damned if I can’t maintain it today. There’s a lot to be said for people who you think are friends that walk away when they see this kind of work in front of them . That changes a relationship and forever. I have a person who I used to think was a friend spend a couple days here while we had the hurricane. When it was over instead of offering to help, he took off and never look back… he’s coming over this afternoon to pick up some of the stuff he left behind and I guarantee there will be no flowers in his basket when he picks it up… not only have most of my friends I grew up with died,, the ones that are still alive or slowly showing their true self
Hey Boo, my 3 best friends of 40-50 years have died before me, I miss the friendship, they were good friends we survived our differences and helped each other when things got tough. You could not ask for better friends. I'm glad you have Dutch and Ivan to help with your days.

OleReynard

I have an inversion table that helped relieve my back pain but started hurting my hips and one of my artificial knees.

If it is your neck, you might consider a "cervical neck traction device over door" from Amazon.
Messes with your jaw, I also have one that's weight adjustable by adding water.
It to fucked with my jaw.
I now have one ya pump up with a blood pressure bulb and looks like a squeeze box

oldmaninbc

420club
2700 mg a day.....wow. Why so much. 600mg daily really helps me. You must have had it bad.
I only know of one person who takes that strength of dosage, he hobbles around on 2 canes. Does not stop him from riding his Harley at times.
He became addicted to very high narcotic levels, was sent for dependency treatment. Now it's very strong doses of Gabapentin.
I am very reluctant to go over my 900mg

oldfogey8

That sounds painful Dogzter, just out of interest have you or anyone else here ever tried an inversion table for your backs?

I'm thinking it may help my migraines that are from neck compression or something.
I used to use an inversion table for lower back issues. I have a couple of lumbar discs that are bulging and it helped a lot. Mine had a strap so I could adjust the angle of inversion but I just controlled it using the handles as I liked to ease into full inversion. Keep in mind though that it can be hard on your ankles, knees and/ or hips. I have a torn labrum in my hip(that I have refused to get fixed for a couple decades because I am stubborn) and the table would aggravate that injury sometimes but the relief from the back pain was a good trade off. It sucks when our body parts wear out…

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
I'm guessing a meeting with black pavement on two wheels...?

rollover in my Toyota truck , hit some black ice about 30 miles south of Limon

IMG_1004.jpeg

oldmaninbc

420club
Did my 3 mi twice. 6 miles all together. I've been doing that like a year now. I lost 60 lb I just have a little belly a good 50 pounds I still have to get rid of. Having ravioli for dinner. Laying on the sofa and watching the news feeling good. Hope your guys are all right ❤️
Very good DB, I hope you feel good about getting to your goals, perseverance wins the race.🚶🏻‍♂️👍🏻

Unca Walt

420club
Hey folks, unfortunately, the only way I can get online is to use data on my phone and even then it takes forever to refresh your page. I hope all are doing well. We still have homes in this area that have water up to their windowsills and you can’t drive down the road without seeing hundreds of trees laid over with powerlines on the ground. I’ve probably got a month worth of cleanup out here and I’m not getting a lot of help from others so it’s basically the dogs and I. I built this house 25 years ago and I’ll be damned if I can’t maintain it today. There’s a lot to be said for people who you think are friends that walk away when they see this kind of work in front of them . That changes a relationship and forever. I have a person who I used to think was a friend spend a couple days here while we had the hurricane. When it was over instead of offering to help, he took off and never look back… he’s coming over this afternoon to pick up some of the stuff he left behind and I guarantee there will be no flowers in his basket when he picks it up… not only have most of my friends I grew up with died,, the ones that are still alive or slowly showing their true self
Shit. That ain't fair. I've got no glib advice or answer. I'd be hurt...

OK... this is after a coupla minutes of thinking -- Like you, I am an up-front guy. If I gave someone a safe place from a life-threatening situation and afterwards they just walked away, I would call them and tell them how hurt it makes you feel that they have not got the same consideration for you that you showed for them.

And I would ask if he would seriously help clean up. If not, he knows the reason why he is now persona non grata. On the other hand, it may either just wake him up... or shame him into getting over there to your place.

Latest posts

Latest posts