What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
Tri-tip over apple wood…,ready for Padres win…
first pitch….
IMG_8237.jpeg

Yarddog

Evening. Down in the basement. Burping jars. Watering plants. Not going to piddle down here tonight. Puff on a little hippy slayer and go to bed. Clocked 11hr today. The truck didn’t go. I knew it wouldn’t. Oh well. As long as I made a real effort my boss is fine. Even when he gets a fire under him. He is a Marine and he definitely doesn’t cut much slack. Real good guy though. If you just do your job you’ll never have an issue from him.
Good bosses are hard to find.

Yarddog

Mom has the night off she's coming over for dinner we're going to have cheeseburgers oh well we're going to make them and I think she got pickles and she said she got really good buns and I think she said she got pumpkin pie too she's going to come over tonight and then we're going to have really good dinner
Glad you get to see you mom a lot. We ate slaw burgers tonight. Eating up the leftovers. Dog and cats will get the rest tomorrow. Cooked too much.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
It's Thanksgiving weekend here and I just took out the frozen turkey, says it will thaw in 2-3 days. I should have taken it out yesterday, oh well, whatever. No rules for the 2 of us, turkey dinner on Sunday or Monday.

We like a turkey shepherds pie, tastes just like a turkey dinner, except it's all in one dish. That's one way to use up leftovers.
You not having a jiggs dinner old man? I’m reading up that yall are suppose to be eating g salted beef, cabbage and turnips for thanksgiving.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
If anybody would like some free mature oak trees, I’ve got about 30 of them, but they only come with the top half because the bottom half is still in the ground…😱 My property looks like the stuff you see on the newscast, but my home is in excellent condition. I lost a good piece of 25 years of landscaping…. I don’t know which hurts worse, my back after laboring outside or my broken heart for my landscaping… We need to send our prayers to the folks at Kings Mountain. The government is in the process of raping them… can we say lithium?

Yarddog

If anybody would like some free mature oak trees, I’ve got about 30 of them, but they only come with the top half because the bottom half is still in the ground…😱 My property looks like the stuff you see on the newscast, but my home is in excellent condition. I lost a good piece of 25 years of landscaping…. I don’t know which hurts worse, my back after laboring outside or my broken heart for my landscaping… We need to send our prayers to the folks at Kings Mountain. The government is in the process of raping them… can we say lithium?
Glad your home is ok. I know which one of the three little pigs built your house.

kevinn

How are the plants that you hung from the trees with chains. Bet they were swinging around.

oldmaninbc

420club
You not having a jiggs dinner old man? I’m reading up that yall are suppose to be eating g salted beef, cabbage and turnips for thanksgiving.
Hello Sub, that is a regional dish custom to the most easterly province. Many Canadian's have probably never heard of it.
Just as I learnt on Christmas Eve when invited to traditional French Canadian dinner and meat pie(Tourtiere) was served with the meal.

Most people would have turkey or ham on Thanksgiving, but not all of course.

I imagine here in North America there must be many varieties of regional and ethnic holiday meals.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Hello Sub, that is a regional dish custom to the most easterly province. Many Canadian's have probably never heard of it.
Just as I learnt on Christmas Eve when invited to traditional French Canadian dinner and meat pie(Tourtiere) was served with the meal.

Most people would have turkey or ham on Thanksgiving, but not all of course.

I imagine here in North America there must be many varieties of regional and ethnic holiday meals.
My momma always said you eat turkey on Thanksgiving because they scratch back the bad in the old year then you eat ham on Christmas because they charge ahead to the new year. When I moved out, I found out some ate standing rib roast for Christmas dinner. I guess everyone has their tradition. Mr sub and I eat raw oysters in the garage and drink bourbon for Thanksgiving. Well at least till we moved back to Virginia. They expect a traditional Thanksgiving meal here which I did last year but the oysters and bourbon just him and me is a lot more fun. Good evening to you old man.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Just got off the river I am beat I'm going to dinner and these kids want to go out drinking I'll pass I'm going to bed after dinner great time hope everybody had a good day
Glad you had a nice day. Get some rest old man, you can’t hang with the kids 🤣🤣🤣

oldmaninbc

420club
Just got off the river I am beat I'm going to dinner and these kids want to go out drinking I'll pass I'm going to bed after dinner great time hope everybody had a good day
Pute, I bet your on the tired side, a day on the river will do that to an older fellow. Hope you had an enjoyable day.:)

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
How are the plants that you hung from the trees with chains. Bet they were swinging around.
The stag horns that I have hanging from my trees did very well with zero damage. One or two got knocked down, but the branch went with them. The Bamboo, which is very flexible came out fine for the most part until Oak limb landed on top and destroyed to Groves… about 2 AM on Thursday morning I could hear the freight train ripping over the top of my house and I thought the roof was coming off. Upon further inspection there wasn’t one shingle that lifted or one piece of damage done to my home, but I believe I’m going to have to take all the trees from the perimeter of my home, so there’s no more liability of them falling on it… if you look at my house on Google Earth, you can’t see it, I’ve got a lot of nice trees. Well, maybe a few less now…

oldmaninbc

420club
My momma always said you eat turkey on Thanksgiving because they scratch back the bad in the old year then you eat ham on Christmas because they charge ahead to the new year. When I moved out, I found out some ate standing rib roast for Christmas dinner. I guess everyone has their tradition. Mr sub and I eat raw oysters in the garage and drink bourbon for Thanksgiving. Well at least till we moved back to Virginia. They expect a traditional Thanksgiving meal here which I did last year but the oysters and bourbon just him and me is a lot more fun. Good evening to you old man.
That sounds like a fine tradition Sub and fun.
It is supper time now, so I have to go.

See you later