What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Oh I'm not arguing about valve issues,I had pontiacs myself,just that options were there,the superduty trans ams had the 12 bolt option as well.

Pontiac came out with the Judge in 70 and everybody though that was gonna put pontiac back into Super Stock racing.....My service manager raced one and simply wasn't competitive against the mopars an chev's. I was bracket racing which was dial in your own time.....when you got into the upper classes you were running against the heads up against the class record.

I ran formuls 1 for a couple of months with a tri power set up. I couldn't compete. I was running against a 10.36 time set by Dick Landy. I was a full 2 seconds off. I got put out in the first round every time. Bye Bye tri power ..... hello quadra Jet.

You sound like you raced Dime....What? I was NHRA

I was a much better street outlaw. Drags on Saturday....cruising the strip looking for a $20 race the other nights.

kevinn

Just a Quick Look at the driveway…shit gets much much worse the further I look back…having lunch and the heading out back to see what’s left
Remember years back when we had a hurricane come thru. Sounded like a war zone over night with trees cracking in every direction. In the morning there were 9 100+ year old oaks across my driveway. Took a couple of days just to cut enough out for us to get out. Pure luck that none hit the house.

Yarddog

Last harvest is in the jars. Shuffling the basement around now. Hope to get the grow fired up next weekend.
Found some old pictures. I wanted to show my boy a picture of me when I was his age. Found a picture of my mom putting a Tonka truck under the tree. Must of been 1991. Give or take. She was so young in that pic. I couldn’t help but start tearing up. Almost starting crying. Just out of nowhere. She’s in such bad health with her heart. And only 63. She made it to retirement and her health just fell apart Life is ruthless sometimes.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
1728585969799.png

oldmaninbc

420club
@ BrassNWood you are right. If I had it to do over again this is the car I would have built. First, Pontiac big blocks don't like high rpm. I had the heads off my GTO once a month replacing a bent intake valve. Next the chevy's had a 12 bolt spicer rear end....pontiacs came with a 10 bolt....I kept breaking the ring gear and pinion . And last the GTO weighed 33 hundred lbs. The 67 nova was 27 hundred. I also should have installed a 411 gear instead of 433. Pontiac won't take that. I was crossing the line at redline....6300...which helped bend the intake valve.

Pretty sure if I would have started with a nova with a 327 cid with 375 hp from the factrory bored 30thousands over to make a 333 and using the exact same set up I would have been in the mid 11's.

View attachment 19081686
My favorite era car above all others. Didn't they put the antenna on the back fender?
That is one sweet ride!

Dime

No sir I didn't race ,without factory support or sponsers you go broke,but I had quite a few musclecars in my day and went to the drags every weekend for quite a few years and saw the pros and what they ran and what was successful. I do have a rich friend who races and is competitive but he's getting up there and sinks thousand and thousands into the car and it never ends. Big block pontiacs were good for street but to race them was big bucks and as you say not competitive to make it worth it.. I don't think many even had 4 bolt mains so they weren't really meant for continuous abuse. You sound like you were hardcore,can't wait for more stories if you have them. I think Pontiac did have a small block in the Trans am when it first came out but they never pursued. Here's a link to a friends car

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Good day DB, I'm always reminded by your posts how much I miss my mom.
I'm waiting for the dispensary I know to have a sale on hash, it's been years and years since I've tried any. Would like to see how it effects my aches and pains.

The Mrs. spoke with her son in Boston the other day, he moved there from Texas and enjoys the weather better in Boston, he likes the changes of seasons.

take care DB
Hash sounds wonderfull bcman. I can get it for $45 a gram. Not sure if it's worth it but wanted to purchase some. I'm sure it will take all your pain away and keep you entertained. Boston is great.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Pontiac came out with the Judge in 70 and everybody though that was gonna put pontiac back into Super Stock racing.....My service manager raced one and simply wasn't competitive against the mopars an chev's. I was bracket racing which was dial in your own time.....when you got into the upper classes you were running against the heads up against the class record.

I ran formuls 1 for a couple of months with a tri power set up. I couldn't compete. I was running against a 10.36 time set by Dick Landy. I was a full 2 seconds off. I got put out in the first round every time. Bye Bye tri power ..... hello quadra Jet.

You sound like you raced Dime....What? I was NHRA

I was a much better street outlaw. Drags on Saturday....cruising the strip looking for a $20 race the other nights.
Quadrajet? Don't you mean Quadrabog?

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
No sir I didn't race ,without factory support or sponsers you go broke,but I had quite a few musclecars in my day and went to the drags every weekend for quite a few years and saw the pros and what they ran and what was successful. I do have a rich friend who races and is competitive but he's getting up there and sinks thousand and thousands into the car and it never ends. Big block pontiacs were good for street but to race them was big bucks and as you say not competitive to make it worth it.. I don't think many even had 4 bolt mains so they weren't really meant for continuous abuse. You sound like you were hardcore,can't wait for more stories if you have them. I think Pontiac did have a small block in the Trans am when it first came out but they never pursued. Here's a link to a friends car

Im trying to live the muscle car dream. So far nothing. There's a nice Plymouth Duster that comes through town on Saturday mornings. It's a 340.

oldmaninbc

420club
Hash sounds wonderfull bcman. I can get it for $45 a gram. Not sure if it's worth it but wanted to purchase some. I'm sure it will take all your pain away and keep you entertained. Boston is great.
Hey DB, the dispensary I would buy from has 34 different kinds of hash, with costs between $55-70$ for a quarter ounce. One that interested me...I looked up the reviews and a person said it was strong and smelled like "camel farts," I've never smelt a camel fart, the analogy is lost on me:)

oldfogey8

Just a Quick Look at the driveway…shit gets much much worse the further I look back…having lunch and the heading out back to see what’s left
I’m sure I speak for the rest of us, we are glad you, Dutch and Ivan made it thru ok. The ‘jungle’ will regrow and it sounds like the only damage from the storm to your home is the screw holes from the plywood window coverings. I’ve seen footage of some other areas and it is cataclysmic.

oldfogey8

Remember years back when we had a hurricane come thru. Sounded like a war zone over night with trees cracking in every direction. In the morning there were 9 100+ year old oaks across my driveway. Took a couple of days just to cut enough out for us to get out. Pure luck that none hit the house.
We had an ice storm in Holden, MA about 15 years ago. Worcester, a mile away, was spared due to lower elevation but my roof was split by an ash tree(went about 6 ft into the peak) and the tree hit literally 10 seconds after I walked in my front door. Had I been 10 seconds later getting home from working as a stagehand at the Centrum, I would have been impaled by the 4-6” diameter branches that were stabbed into my yard at least a foot deep. Storms suck!

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Just put the first outdoor plant (snowcain x TK) in jars got just over 5 oz but that’s including the extra stuff left on from using the bowl trimmer. We really don’t mind the extra sugar leaf so it doesn’t look that bad to me, still not as pretty as indoor weed imo. We have not tried an early sample as we have others to try first.
IMG_0766.jpeg

oldfogey8

Hey DB, the dispensary I would buy from has 34 different kinds of hash, with costs between $55-70$ for a quarter ounce. One that interested me...I looked up the reviews and a person said it was strong and smelled like "camel farts," I've never smelt a camel fart, the analogy is lost on me:)
Wow. That is some affordable hash. Like DB, I live in Massachusetts and dispensary weed/hash/distillates are all extraordinarily expensive. I am glad I am able to grow my own legally.