What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Don't argue with him ....he is always right....smarter than all of us put together.
Not smarter then everyone else, definitely smarter then you though, you can't even be bothered to read and understand I want even stricter conditions placed on illegals then you. But hey, why read and know what you're talking about when it's so much easier to make ignorant assumptions and spout off about them?

oldmaninbc

420club
I say that with love ,My Father was a Plumber and a Electrician who started in the 60s and was grandfathered in license wise.
I learned from him ,school ,and smashing my head into things till I finally get it.
I know you didn't intend any harm about plumbers(that's if you want your toilet working:)),

my son oversees projects and I've heard him more than once complain of shoddy work by a plumber. Never mind the plumber who did some work for me and reversed the water lines, how is that difficult, I think he was high on legal narcotics.

I did have a friend who was a millwright, one of my best friends ever. Until sickness took him.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Not smarter then everyone else, definitely smarter then you though, you can't even be bothered to read and understand I want even stricter conditions placed on illegals then you. But hey, why read and know what you're talking about when it's so much easier to make ignorant assumptions and spout off about them?
You are real quick with a joke and a light up your smoke.....do you even grow....don't think so.

oldmaninbc

420club
I think the painters are better looking than the plumbers
I've done some work with painters and I fully agree, we were better looking!

Living in villages you take what work you can get, I worked for 2 different painters. In the early years breathing in the paint fumes you could have convinced the painter, they were movie stars waiting to be discovered:)

HempKat

Veteran
There are some that like it this way but it sure as hell isn't the average person.

I have no idea how it could all be fixed, and just exactly who would be willing to level the economic playing field for all.

I don't see anyone who would go against the grain of the present economic system. It works very well for some who have the advantages. Why would they want to change that.

My son is a tradesman, he is a plumber & gas worker, in Alberta. He has worked his way up within a new company determined to be at the top of their industry. These days he mostly does the ordering of materials and over sees work projects. I don't think he does much actual plumbing but never the less he is still a tradesman. I know how his family has to work hard for their life. They both work and have 2 young children. they do well for themselves but they are not wealthy by any means. It's expensive living in Calgary.

It would be nice if all working citizens didn't have to struggle, that's all I care about.

I better get at my chores.

all the best Dime
Yeah it's a mess and there is no easy fix. There are two problems as I see it, one is the minimum wage crowd was kept at stagnent wage growth for years. Such that when they finally did get an increase they were so out of sync with the cost of living that the only way to make life doable for them was to raise the wage to crazy levels which just keeps the cost of living even higher, after the wage increase.

The other problem is even more complex and started with severe cuts to the education system thereby eliminating classes that taught kids about an alternative way to wealth in the trades rather then a college degree. This left too many people with only enough skills for a minimum wage job and no understanding of what direction to go, other then college to get out of that rut. It used to be that minimum wage jobs were just a starting point for high school aged kids, to give them enough money to save towards college and a little pocket change to have fun with. Now you got people who only have entry level skills and thinking they should be earning a living wage doing jobs meant for kids.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
With the exception being Big.
He has them kinda features ❤️

Indeed!

IMG_0682.jpeg

now my older brother was the one with Hollywood looks

and he was a damn good painter!

he even did some work for Mr Meyer of Metro Goldwyn Meyer

IMG_4393.jpeg

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Yeah it's a mess and there is no easy fix. There are two problems as I see it, one is the minimum wage crowd was kept at stagnent wage growth for years. Such that when they finally did get an increase they were so out of sync with the cost of living that the only way to make life doable for them was to raise the wage to crazy levels which just keeps the cost of living even higher, after the wage increase.

The other problem is even more complex and started with severe cuts to the education system thereby eliminating classes that taught kids about an alternative way to wealth in the trades rather then a college degree. This left too many people with only enough skills for a minimum wage job and no understanding of what direction to go, other then college to get out of that rut. It used to be that minimum wage jobs were just a starting point for high school aged kids, to give them enough money to save towards college and a little pocket change to have fun with. Now you got people who only have entry level skills and thinking they should be earning a living wage doing jobs meant for kids.

my first job was washing dishes at a high end restaurant , the Oaks of Ojai…$1.25 an hour

but that was like 1968 and weed was $10 bucks a lid

my first minimum wage job was around 1970 at $3.25 an hour

gas was about $.19 cents a gallon

best wages I ever made was working out of the finishers union in Washington

with benefits , over $50 an hour..this was back in 1985 and bringing home a tad over $1000 a week , driving a company truck , I was cutting a fat hog

wife unit did not have to work , kids went to a private school

can’t do that no more

I cannot figure out who is buying all these new houses in Colorado Springs , starting at $399,000.00 dollars!!

100’s of new homes

HempKat

Veteran
She has a roomie but to me it feels like shes on her own ❤️ they are both so much wiser than me or their mother was at the same age and we trust and know that they will get along really well living their own lives. Getting emotional here. 🥲
I would imagine her having a roomie brings you a lot of comfort. Being totally on your own can build character but with the way the world is these days it's good to have someone living with you to watch your back and help when the unexpected happens.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I cannot figure out who is buying all these new houses in Colorado Springs , starting at $399,000.00 dollars!!

100’s of new homes

Denvers the same. We have houses in my neighborhood going for well over $1 million. They aren’t even on the golf course. When I built this house 30 years ago I had to pay an extra $60,000 for a golf course lot. If I was smart, I would dump this place and move to place in the country.

But Mrs Pute loves this house and that pretty much keeps me right here.

Latest posts

Latest posts