What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

jokerman

Premium user
It may be caused by the electric coming to the house. We already had the electric co come out three times in the last 4 years. I’m not an electrician but there is something wrong with one of the wires underground in our front yard that has been put on the fix it list but has not yet been fixed. They replaced something on out meter to fix it but said the problem is still there. It may have been the nuteral im not sure…our power goes out not and then too could have something to do with the fridge.
Im gettin my stuff and heading your way☝️
Will bring bagels😊

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
IMG_20240924_180903_9.jpg

Hold on to what you got same as it ever was.

Goldhedge

You are what you eat...

Dr. Casey Means: “I learned virtually nothing at Stanford Medical School about the tens of thousands of scientific papers that elucidate the root causes of why American health is plummeting.”

“I did not learn that for each additional serving of ultra-processed food we eat, early mortality increases by 18%.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Fridge is going crazy. Alarm randomly goes off, lights also three different ones randomly off and on. Ice and water in the door also randomly working. Tried unplugging it to reset the electronics but does not seem to help it’s randomous. Grrrr…checking the temp now. Door seals at clean and not damaged but may need replacement but I don’t have any idea. Only about 4 years old…
This probably isn't it but should only take a moment to check and I mention it because you say ice is affected. I only have one alarm/notification on my fridge which is from somewhere around 2008. There is a small green light in the freezer that idicates the icemaker is turned on. Recently I've found it flashing and when it is, my icemaker won't make any more ice. There is a small tray I have to slide out to expose my icemaker. So I took that out to see if I could figure out what is going on. When I did I discovered one of the ice cubes didn't drop down after formed but instead got stuck in such a way that blocks the icemeaker from returning to the default position after it ejects a batch of ice. So I removed the ice blocking things and then turn the icemaker off and back on to stop the green light from flashing and everything is back to normal.

As I said that's probably not your problem but it can't hurt to check. If the door delivery system for ice isn't working then the more likely culprit is that the motor that turns the thing in the ice bin to cause the cubes to drop down into the door, has probably malfunctioned and needs to be repaired or replaced. At a different time when I had a technician come out to replace a controller board (because the fridge/freezer wasn't cooling) I asked if that might fix my problem with not getting ice from the door. Without doing any testing he told me I likely needed a motor replaced to turn the thing in the ice bin and he also mentioned that is usually the first thing to go. I couldn't afford it and don't care if I can't get ice from my door so I told him that I would pass on him fixing that. Since you're getting multiple alarms and lights and you also say you're not getting water from your door, if you have a filter for the water it might be that the filter is clogged and needs replacing and that because it's clogged water isn't getting to your door or iceaker. Clogged filters are also a common problem.

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

A rainy afternoon here starting at 56F and predicted to reach 71F.

Gym this morning and then cleaning ladies due to swamp the place out, so heading to Fernhill dog park with Miss Layla to sniff some new butts and chase a tennis ball.