What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
That brought something to mind to me. When I got back into civilian life, I found pure joy in trail riding Suzy -- my 250cc souped up bike. It had welded peg chains, compression release, 5" knobby rear tire, 53-tooth sprocket, innertube front mud flap, tooth bar, and large dia front wheel.
Snap! - I also had a 250cc souped up trials bike in the late 70's - had 13 inches of nitrogen gas suspension on the front forks - was a Yamaha 250 XT - called it 'The Jumping Master' - due to the fact that I was always getting some air on it - particularly coming up Jones or Taylor street in San Francisco and clearing the intersection of Leavenworth Street - landing halfway down the next block - would often go over the bay to Mount Tamalpias too to take it off road - was a great little fun bike - and I never crashed out on it - lucky me -

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Snap! - I also had a 250cc souped up trials bike in the late 70's - had 13 inches of nitrogen gas suspension on the front forks - was a Yamaha 250 XT - called it 'The Jumping Master' - due to the fact that I was always getting some air on it - particularly coming up Jones or Taylor street in San Francisco and clearing the intersection of Leavenworth Street - landing halfway down the next block - would often go over the bay to Mount Tamalpias too to take it off road - was a great little fun bike - and I never crashed out on it - lucky me -
My have fun bike was a 500cc single off-road bike, which I laid down a few times, but never got seriously hurt.
It would loft the front end in second just cranking the throttle, if you didn't lean into it.

One day I was riding with the best rider I have ever met across a clear cut at around 40 mph and suddenly his Husky flipped, and he went over the handlebars in a face plant. A branch fell through his front spokes, which locked up his front wheel and luckily, he wasn't seriously hurt, but it highlighted how fast shit happens to even the very best.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning rasty old farts and more kindly and gentle fartesses!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Gorgeous here again starting at 66F and predicted to reach 100F again. I have the windows open and the fans going to cool the house back down before the day heats up.

I picked up four more EMT conduit sticks for tomato stakes. The three Morton Hybrids are already taller than I am and for the last two years have ended up over 9' tall.

Unca Walt

420club
Well, my Darling Witch had some fun.

She went out shopping. Came home,reached over get pockybook to bring it in the house.

She no have pockybook. Frantic car search. Trunk full of groceries search. Nope.

She drove back to the Publix supermarket, checking to see if anyone had found it and turned it in. No joy. She heads back out of Publix.

At this moment in the drama back here at home, I gets an idea:

I called her cell phone from our landline. Left a message:

"Hi. This is the husband of the lady running around looking for her pocketbook." and gave my home phone number.

Thirty seconds later, the phone rings. It is Publix. They got the pocketbook and called me. Now all I hadda do was get the message to Herself. No way to do dat.

No matter, she showed up in the garage less than a minute later, and I drove her back to the Publix store ('cause she wuz a wreck). Just about everybody working there gathered around her. Fun. It was a good feeling thing. Pockybook is safe.

jokerman

Premium user

She went out shopping. Came home,reached over get pockybook to bring it in the house.

She no have pockybook. Frantic car search. Trunk full of groceries search. Nope.

She drove back to the Publix supermarket, checking to see if anyone had found it and turned it in. No joy. She heads back out of Publix.

At this moment in the drama, I gets an idea:

"Hi. This is the husband of the lady running around looking for her pocketbook." and gave my home phone number.

Thirty seconds later, the phone rings. It is Publix. They got the pocketbook and called me. Now all I hadda do was get the message to Herself. No way to do dat.

No matter, she showed up in the garage less than a minute later, and I drove her back to the Publix store ('cause she wuz a wreck). Just about everybody working there gathered around her. Fun. It was a good feeling thing. Pockybook is safe.
Thats Miami Vice kinda stuff Unc☝️😊

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
You We’re in San Francisco in the late 70s ?
Yup - married an American gal in 1977 - emigrated stateside to her hometown/city - Boise Idaho - marriage didn't pan out well - so I split in early '78 - with the slogan 'Go west young man' in my head - ended up in the Bay Area - got a job at The Mabuhay Gardens as door staff on Broadway - and another at Solarius Fitness downtown on Sutter Street - bought The Jumping Master - and the rest is history 👍

SubGirl

Premium user
420club

At this moment in the drama back here at home, I gets an idea:

It is a frantic feeling to lose your purse. I’ve left mine in the grocery cart at the grocery parking lot in the cart return. Duh… some kind soul returned it I’m glad she got it back and you had the bright idea of calling her.

Latest posts

Latest posts