What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah man - dodgy road surfaces - slow tricycles - busses/trucks and jeepneys - no pavements most places - so many pedestrians and cyclists everywhere - sudden tropical rain storms - even big cobras on the roads in places - they do have toll free ways - where I could really open the bike up - so had alot of fun on that Ducati - but judging from the many near misses I had - it was just a matter of time before I would inevitably prang - and suffer the consequences - or die even -
I built my first scooter around age 14 but my dad made me dismantle after one of my riding buddies bounced off a stopped truck into the incoming traffic and was killed.

I still loved bikes so started again after leaving home, but stopped riding bikes again at age 20, after two accidents where, "the driver didn't see me", but by 20 years later had convinced myself that it was because I wasn't being careful enough, or paying close enough attention.

Soooo, I got into bikes again with a Honda CB-300R scooter for commuting and a 500S offroad bike for joy and amazement.

Alas, after another incident where the oncoming driver "just didn't see me", before turning point blank in front of me without signaling, I again gave up bikes.

Regrettably not before suffering permanent neck injuries that 40 years later haunt me and are growing worse.

Bikes were sure a lot of fun, but I also have a quadriplegic friend who had a young family when he broke his neck in a bike accident, thus demonstrating possibilities worse than mere owies, boo boos, or death, soooo I gave up bikes for good.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I built my first minibike at seven years old, then I got played around with them until I busted my knee all the hell. At 18 years old, I built a bad ass Yoshimura Honda chopper and there wasn’t anything on the streets at the time they could touch me. My current wife convinced me I needed to sell it if we were gonna start a family so I did. Not many years after I started building Harleys, I had over a dozen. The nicest riding bike I’ve ever owned was a street glide with a six speed transmission and a high cubic inch motor…

Budshine

My Shire…. Tilbury Port owned now by Dubai on the horizon above my head …this is the Thames Estuary on the outer fringes of East London…14 Container loader/Unloaders,was 12 now 14 each one costs 20 million 😯.I reckon there will be 50 one day …heaven for wildlife around here ..big horizons … nice 😊 dogs love it 💚💯

Attachments

• IMG_2093.jpeg
    IMG_2093.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2113.jpeg
    IMG_2113.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2086.jpeg
    IMG_2086.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 31

BudToaster

Veteran
put 4 strains into rapid rooters ... 2 seeds each of Bruce Banner, Lambs Bread, Sour Diesel and Blue Dream. now the waiting part ... have a few months before the flower box will be empty

spouse is addicted to her kindle. so sad, she brings me her device just now because it isn't responding. but my magic touch (just tried the reboot (hold button long time) several times) and it eventually responded. looking forward to my just reward tonight.

anybody else get bursitis of the elbow? i started doing more hangs and i think i strained it. bioframe is degrading.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
put 4 strains into rapid rooters ... 2 seeds each of Bruce Banner, Lambs Bread, Sour Diesel and Blue Dream. now the waiting part ... have a few months before the flower box will be empty

spouse is addicted to her kindle. so sad, she brings me her device just now because it isn't responding. but my magic touch (just tried the reboot (hold button long time) several times) and it eventually responded. looking forward to my just reward tonight.

anybody else get bursitis of the elbow? i started doing more hangs and i think i strained it. bioframe is degrading.
Yes, from an injury. It hurts, doesn't it?

oldmaninbc

420club
We have eggplant parm from the Farm stand store also meatballs I should probably cook those and I have bucatini and some sauce I guess I'll do that for dinner you coming over?
I have not had bucatini pasta, actually never even heard of it, I had to look it up,
we eat pasta once a week for sure. Meatballs are good and eggplant from the farm stand, it all sounds very good DB.
Unfortunately for me I cannot cross the border, I have a marijuana possession charge from many years ago.

My wife has a son who lives in Boston, him and his wife moved there a couple of years ago from Texas.

Thanks for the invite DB.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
My Shire…. Tilbury Port owned now by Dubai on the horizon above my head …this is the Thames Estuary on the outer fringes of East London…14 Container loader/Unloaders,was 12 now 14 each one costs 20 million 😯.I reckon there will be 50 one day …heaven for wildlife around here ..big horizons … nice 😊 dogs love it 💚💯
Beautiful place Bud. I never been to your side of the pond and probably never will. I don't fly anymore and boats make me sea sick.....so I will have to continue looking at pictures. Gypsy has posted to cool places as well as WhipedMeat.

oldmaninbc

420club
Good day to you as well OldMan. I have gone head first over the handle bars on my dirt bike more times than I can count. Never hurt so bad that I couldn't walk away. But on my Artic Cat I was doing jumps over the dam of frozen pond....further and further....until all of a sudden my feet were straight up in the air....when i hit the ground my ribbs hit the handle bars. Broke two ribs. They didn't cave in....just hair line fracture. For a week I could hardly breathe don't even think about laughing, coughing or sneezing.
Never hurt a rib myself , but the wife has told me how terribly uncomfortable and painful it is. Thinking of your ribs hitting the bar, OUCH. It's a wonder us men are still around at all.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user

Afternoon BudToaster my elbow is one of the few things that hasn't become a problem. Hopefully you have just strained it. Believe me more problems are on the horizon....

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
I have not had bucatini pasta, actually never even heard of it, I had to look it up,
we eat pasta once a week for sure. Meatballs are good and eggplant from the farm stand, it all sounds very good DB.
Unfortunately for me I cannot cross the border, I have a marijuana possession charge from many years ago.

My wife has a son who lives in Boston, him and his wife moved there a couple of years ago from Texas.

Thanks for the invite DB.
I'm sorry that you can't come down here old man. That's rotten. Sure you could appeal somehow. Yes I like bucatini. I'll be eating good tonight. Boston is an awesome place. Hope you eat well tonight 👍

SubGirl

Premium user
420club

The reboot button might not work again tonight 🤪😁

Goldhedge

I built my first scooter around age 14 but my dad made me dismantle after one of my riding buddies bounced off a stopped truck into the incoming traffic and was killed.

I still loved bikes so started again after leaving home, but stopped riding bikes again at age 20, after two accidents where, "the driver didn't see me", but by 20 years later had convinced myself that it was because I wasn't being careful enough, or paying close enough attention.

Soooo, I got into bikes again with a Honda CB-300R scooter for commuting and a 500S offroad bike for joy and amazement.

Alas, after another incident where the oncoming driver "just didn't see me", before turning point blank in front of me without signaling, I again gave up bikes.

Regrettably not before suffering permanent neck injuries that 40 years later haunt me and are growing worse.

Bikes were sure a lot of fun, but I also have a quadriplegic friend who had a young family when he broke his neck in a bike accident, thus demonstrating possibilities worse than mere owies, boo boos, or death, soooo I gave up bikes for good.
My cousin rode a Harley. Lady ahead of him was turning left even had a left blinker.

He went around her to the right and dang if she didn't turn right.