What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Good morning to everyone -
Feeling good this morning - tomorrow I'll start back at the gym - combined with 4/5 miles walking per day - have been doing some upper body work with my own bodyweight for the past couple of weeks - so don't expect much if any muscle ache -
2024-06-3007.49.01578003307763904061.jpg

BumSplodgeBrownPants

My dawg is a survivor of a cancer removal. The one that just crossed the bridge went down hill pretty quickly, and it was time. The last couple weeks my dawg (she was his girlfriend) and I would go over and visit in the evenings. Helping the guy give his beloved dawg a decent burial in a good shady spot near his garden is karma in the bank.

My dawg is moping tonight.
Sorry to hear about this.

My friend over the road passed away last Sunday at 62 years of age, pancreatic cancer. Went within a month of finding it and being plonked in the hospital. He was battling Parkinson's too for the last 5 years and beating that into submission.
Fit, healthy, no drinking or smoking, ex long distance runner and sporting type. My pup still has a sit at the fence in the morning at the exact time when he used to walk past, waiting for him to give him a tickle through the wire. He was on the clock was Michael, had alarms set on his watch to let him know what time was what for his meds and stuff.

They do form strong bonds with their friends. Hopefully they can all meet up one day and have a belly tickle party.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran

My friend over the road passed away last Sunday at 62 years of age, pancreatic cancer. Went within a month of finding it and being plonked in the hospital. He was battling Parkinson's too for the last 5 years and beating that into submission.
Fit, healthy, no drinking or smoking, ex long distance runner and sporting type. My pup still has a sit at the fence in the morning at the exact time when he used to walk past, waiting for him to give him a tickle through the wire. He was on the clock was Michael, had alarms set on his watch to let him know what time was what for his meds and stuff.

They do form strong bonds with their friends. Hopefully they can all meet up one day and have a belly tickle party.
Ahh - that's sad Splodgy - who knows what will take us - in the end? - no matter what we do to off-set it - best to try and stay fit and healthy though - as much as we can - so that at least we can find some quality in what time is left - plus I get a great buzz out of training anyway - so I go to the gym - to get high - once it's all over and that sense of satisfaction and well being gets released - I'm - 'As Happy as Larry' -

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Ahh - that's sad Splodgy - who knows what will take us - in the end? - no matter what we do to off-set it - best to try and stay fit and healthy though - as much as we can - so that at least we can find some quality in what time is left - plus I get a great buzz out of training anyway - so I go to the gym - to get high - once it's all over and that sense of satisfaction and well being gets released - I'm - 'As Happy as Larry' -
I am toying with the idea of joining the gym at the local University. I used to like the big heavy compound lifts. Deadlifts being my faves, squats next and the rest I couldn't really care for, but went through the motions.
I was also a keen mountain biker up until about 3 years ago and I just lost my mojo, sold my weights and rack and have been lazy ever since. I do get my 10k steps in daily and the 5km daily dog walks, but my tummy could do with a workout. I;m easily 15kg overweight at 92kg now, but I am happier around the 82kg mark.
I think my feet would thank me for it if I lost a bit of chubb.

Just back from the dog walk, he saw his 2 jack russell friends and their owner, so he's one happy puppy this morning after barking in their faces all the way there and back and dodging their attempts to bite him and trying to eat his slobber chops. :biglaugh:

Is that good???
DSCF1532.JPG

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I am toying with the idea of joining the gym at the local University. I used to like the big heavy compound lifts. Deadlifts being my faves, squats next and the rest I couldn't really care for, but went through the motions.
I was also a keen mountain biker up until about 3 years ago and I just lost my mojo, sold my weights and rack and have been lazy ever since. I do get my 10k steps in daily and the 5km daily dog walks, but my tummy could do with a workout. I;m easily 15kg overweight at 92kg now, but I am happier around the 82kg mark.
I think my feet would thank me for it if I lost a bit of chubb.

Just back from the dog walk, he saw his 2 jack russell friends and their owner, so he's one happy puppy this morning after barking in their faces all the way there and back and dodging their attempts to bite him and trying to eat his slobber chops. :biglaugh:

Is that good???
View attachment 19025397
Yes - that's good blood pressure and heart rate - so doesn't look like you have any probs with the old ticker - as for weight loss - try to intermittently fast daily by only starting to eat around 1 or 2pm - and not eating after 8-9pm - so only consuming food in a 6 or 8 hour window every day -

You are doing alot of walking - so I'd say your cardio strength is good too - but you probably need to do some weight resistance training on the upper body and core (back and abdominals) areas of your body to strengthen them up - so slinging some weights around at the gym should give you results - at least 3 times per week -
- but don't forget to stretch everything out first - and warm up properly -
😉

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Yes - that's good blood pressure and heart rate - so doesn't look like you have any probs with the old ticker - as for weight loss - try to intermittently fast daily by only starting to eat around 1 or 2pm - and not eating after 8-9pm - so only consuming food in a 6 or 8 hour window every day -

You are doing alot of walking - so I'd say your cardio strength is good too - but you probably need to do some weight resistance training on the upper body and core (back and abdominals) areas of your body to strengthen them up - so slinging some weights around at the gym should give you results - at least 3 times per week - 😉

I've always done the fast/restricted eating thing, just because I don't do breakfast, never have and it always makes me feel ill eating so early. I normally grab lunch at around midday.
Double espresso in the morning, then black tea or hot water with lemon juice until lunch when I may have some juice with whatever is laying around in the fridge. Normally bacon. My issue is not eating in the evenings... I get the munchies, real bad. REAL BAD... :biglaugh: That's when I can drink 2 litres of goat's milk just before bed... easy peasy.

I've just uncovered my kettlebells from under the junk in the garage...
Phew, that's enough exercise for this week. I have 2 x 12kg and a 16kg and a 20kg one.
I may look at them and see if staring and imagining me lifting them makes me fitter.

Unca Walt

420club
I don't know of anyway to be 100% certain any more. Ever since Chat GTP-4 and now Chat GTP-4.o AI chat bots have become very good at simulating a real person. Even to the point of expressing humor and emotions. I mean there is probably some line of discussion that might cause an error that could reveal it's an AI but I have no idea what that line of discussion would be or how exactly it might reveal itself. plus with Chat GTP-5 on the way and is being said to be even better things are just going to get more difficult to tell the difference. Plus these things are self evolving over time as they interact with more and more people.
The switch was closed, and Chat GTP-5 was activated.

The first question someone asked:

Q: Is there a God?

A: There is now.

Unca Walt

420club
Good morning Walt. Sometimes it’s best to scroll thru comments that are attempting to stir the pot to the point of it not being fun for anyone. I wont take the time to “look back” as I saw each comment elevating the conversation on both sides just a little until it was getting out of hand. This is also the point that other members notice it too and begin to try and help it come to a close by making “cool down fellas” comments. To me, it’s ok to have different opinions even if I don’t agree with them but when it starts getting personal, and then goes another round or two making it even more difficult for everyone and I know just gets you spun up making it difficult to “be the man“ and end it but I know, even you can if you try.
You Know Walt there are a lot of us on this thread like me that love and respect you and look forward to your daily visits here and your fun stories. Don’t let words get in the way of that and if you feel you have to make your point without stirring the whole group up, you can alway take the “non-argument” or what ever you want to call it to the next level in a personal message. You can also hit ignore so you dont have to even see their comments any longer.
Love you Walt 🥰 and I hope your day is good. So let’s hear another cool story ✌️❤️Subbie
Well, God luv yer bones.

jokerman

Premium user
OL FARTS HOME WOUND CARE POST

Having gone the rounds of having some very deep wounds, with some long term infection, I have gathered a simple medical kit. Some of which are medically fairly advanced, and some of which are just not well known, outside MD's.

First on the list: A sterile adhering foam sponge pad that can be applied over weeping or new wounds, that has a full augment of antibacterial properties built into it. And does now hurt upon applying. Or stick, whatsoever, when taken off! Amazing. but not cheap, Can be cut to size into squares or shapes as needed, aiding affordability. Five stars plus.

Second on the list: After the weeping diminishes, or mostly stops, significantly so. Js a petroleum based, zinc infused ointment. That is much different than any other I have seen.. And, as importantly so, experienced! This goes on as a thick goop But spreads out. And forms a non-sticky, dry paste. Covering the entire wound. Zinc aids healing. Five star.

Third on the list: This gauze can be folded in two's, or four's, depending on need. Or put one on top of each other. Easy to cut to size. And strong. Yet cotton soft. Simple. The best I've found. And what many hospitals use. Five star.

Fourth on the list: This cloth tape has air holes in it to allow skin breathing, yet holds very securely, and does not pull at all when taken off. Cover the entire gauze pad with this! Keeping the dressing in place enhances healing. Five Star.

These are all products I have medically been shown, and/or advised to purchase, and to begin to use, only in the last several years. I have no affiliation with any product or the company linked. Just an easy source to post what they look like. And it explains what they are. Likely can individually be found less expensively elsewhere in an internet search. I have donated and/or gifted all my prior collection of various medical supplies, because what I have now truly works!

A last tip: I was recently treated by a very advanced doctor who handles only hard to heal wounds. She told me to change the dressing every other day, and to wash the wound with a very mild liquid soap, scrubbing it with clean gauze: "Like You Mean It!" To remove the surface bacterial film coating it, that covers the top of the wound, even after just a day or two. Every other day, right up until the time that it fully heals, This is new and different advice than I have been told before! But having now done so, and repeatedly so, for many months of care, I can attest that it truly works! One final tidbit: This doctor also told me that it is a misnomer that wounds need to "breath" (get air from the outside) to heal. She told me that all the oxygen that they need for healing comes strictly from your blood.

I truly hope my posted experiences helps someone else here. Having suffered extensive wound care pain, and long healing times, and having tried a vast myriad of products that are either ineffective, not very effective, or simply do now work, at all, I know the real anguish this causes. And the toll on normal life. And on overall well being. Amen.

I wanted to briefly add one last thing: For wounds on the leg, or foot, I use a compression stocking to keep the dressing in place. This especially helps if wearing long pants, or socks over them, and is of paramount importance for sleeping. For something on the arm, a gauze or ace compression wrap works in the same way as the stocking. And. I almost forgot: The doctor told me to to clean the wound by itself only! And to keep it dry at all other times!! Especially while showering!!!
Read this again ,thank you..
With getting older and circulation not what is used to be a untreated wound could mean losing a toe ,foot ,leg.

jokerman

Premium user

What a party it would be❤️

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I read cancer in dogs is very high these days. Sympathy for the owners
We've lost our last three German Shepherds to cancer. I wonder if the systemic insecticides that we give them for fleas is part of the issue?

I can't help but reflect on the fact that we never lost a dog to cancer growing up...............................

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Cloudy today starting at 60F and predicted to reach 80F.

Thus far the steroid shots to my L5/S1 joint were ineffective. Another serious disappointment after the 90 days it took to work through the system to get them................................

We had an enjoyable time at our friend's memorial service that took us an hour to reach because I-5 was shut down and the alternatives were clogged with detouring traffic. A law professor, an honest lawyer, and a good man, loved by many.

Latest posts

Latest posts