What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

nice color, great ice cream😊
I like ice cream, but now I eat frozen yogurt mostly.
1719707008810.png

imiubu

That’s a really good idea. I don’t have a pc but maybe could figure it out on my iPad. I kinda liked the brighter ones even brighter than I was holding but I was afraid it might look Kermit the frog green and put it back in the stack. I’ll see if there is an app for that 🤪

This got me to thinking... I've noticed that the larger hardware stores have a design center
w/ folks on computers. Maybe they have various programs to help w/ say... kitchen designing
etc. I wonder if they might have a program that would allow you to enter a photo of your
exterior to a program, then to play w/ paint colors. Seems possible... at least in my mind.
I mean, they will then make the profit from the paint sold.
Dunno... just a thought :)

SubGirl

420club
This got me to thinking... I've noticed that the larger hardware stores have a design center
w/ folks on computers. Maybe they have various programs to help w/ say... kitchen designing
etc. I wonder if they might have a program that would allow you to enter a photo of your
exterior to a program, then to play w/ paint colors. Seems possible... at least in my mind.
I mean, they will then make the profit from the paint sold.
Dunno... just a thought :)
I was in Sherwin Williams paint store the other day buying paint for the wood posts. I told him what I was trying to do and he didn’t offer that up. I just tried to down load one but it didn’t work but I’m gonna keep looking. I chose my eyeglasses that way. Took a picture of my naked face and tried on hundreds of different styles on my own face. I thought that was great as I can’t really see how they look without my glasses.

cola

My mom had them and my sister still wears them and neither were lesbians. You can’t judge every book by its cover but sometimes there is a uniform that has historical relevance in my experiences. A man wearing a dress is a tell for me.
Birk's are definitely comfortable. But take getting used to. I think I got two or three pairs as a gift. I have no idea where they are now (lol). The ones I got are more masculine looking. Other then the cream colored soles. Speaking of which, I stopped wearing the one pair I tried because the soles seemingly wore out very quickly. Always meant to get to the local shoe repairman to see if they could be resoled, but forgot about this cause. Maybe I will look for em.

It is said that J. Edgar Hoover was a cross-dressing gay as well. But given the past times, and basic lack of openness about it then, and fear then of exposing him, the real facts may never be fully known. A movie was later made about Hoover's complicated life. Supposedly had a long part-time lover in Roy Cohn, the same lawyer that counseled Fred Trump, and later Donald Trump. Cohn died of AIDS in 1986. A link here about Hoover.. And an interesting read about Cohn. Who eventually lost his license to practice, due to unethical conduct, in attempting to defraud a dying client:

Last edited:

cola

OL FARTS HOME WOUND CARE POST

Having gone the rounds of having some very deep wounds, with some long term infection, I have gathered a simple medical kit. Some of which are medically fairly advanced, and some of which are just not well known, outside MD's.

First on the list: A sterile adhering foam sponge pad that can be applied over weeping or new wounds, that has a full augment of antibacterial properties built into it. And does now hurt upon applying. Or stick, whatsoever, when taken off! Amazing. But not cheap, Can be cut to size into squares or shapes as needed, aiding affordability. Five star plus.

Second on the list: After the weeping diminishes, or mostly stops, significantly so. Js a petroleum based, zinc infused ointment. That is much different than any other I have seen.. And, as importantly so, experienced! This goes on as a thick goop But spreads out. Forming a non-sticky, dry paste. Cover the entire wound. Zinc aids healing. Five star plus.

Third on the list: This gauze pad can be folded in two's, or four's, depending on need. Or put one on top of each other. Easy to cut to size. And strong. Cotton soft. Simple. The best I've found. And what many hospitals use. Five star.

Fourth on the list: This cloth tape has air holes in it to allow skin breathing, yet holds very securely, and does not hurt skin when taken off. Cover the entire wound pad with this!! Keeping the dressing in place enhances healing. Five Star.

These are all products I have medically been shown, and/or advised to purchase, and to begin to use, only in the last several years. I have no affiliation with any product or the company linked. Just an easy source to post what they look like. And it explains what they are. Likely can individually be found less expensively elsewhere in an internet search. I have donated and/or gifted all my prior collection of various medical supplies, because what I have now truly works!

A last tip: I was recently treated by a very advanced doctor who handles only hard to heal wounds. She told me to change the dressing every other day, and to wash the wound with a very mild liquid soap, scrubbing it with clean gauze: "Like You Mean It!" To remove the surface bacterial film coating it, that covers the top of the wound, even after just a day or two. Every other day, right up until the time that it fully heals, This is new and different advice than I have been ever given before! But having now done so, and repeatedly so, for many months of care, I can attest that it truly works! One final tidbit: This doctor also told me that it is a misnomer that wounds need to "breath" (get air from the outside) to heal. She told me that all the oxygen that they need for healing comes directly from your blood.

I truly hope my posted experiences helps someone else here. Having suffered extensive wound care pain, and long healing times, and having tried a vast myriad of products that are either ineffective, not very effective, or simply do now work, at all, I know the real anguish this causes. And the toll on normal life. And on overall well being. Amen.

I wanted to briefly add one last thing: For wounds on the leg, or foot, I use a compression stocking to keep the dressing in place. This especially helps if wearing long pants, or socks over them, and is of paramount importance for sleeping. For something on the arm, a gauze or ace compression wrap works in the same way as the stocking. And. I almost forgot: The doctor told me to to clean the wound by itself only! And to keep it dry at all other times!! Especially while showering!!!

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I had a guy in the neighbourhood threaten "something untoward" may happen to my dog if he didn't stop barking. Funny thing is, my dog is quiet as a mouse until he comes moaning about stuff over the fence.

Well, I had to then apologise to all my neighbours for the amount of fucks that came out of my mouth in the next minute or two after he said that. He's not complained since I made it quite clear if my dog even has a bad tummy, I'll be kicking his door in late one night and removing his eyeballs.
:dance013:
We buried my neighbor’s dawg today, cancer. Don’t mess with a man’s dawg.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
My dawg is a survivor of a cancer removal. The one that just crossed the bridge went down hill pretty quickly, and it was time. The last couple weeks my dawg (she was his girlfriend) and I would go over and visit in the evenings. Helping the guy give his beloved dawg a decent burial in a good shady spot near his garden is karma in the bank.

My dawg is moping tonight.

Dime

My dawg is a survivor of a cancer removal. The one that just crossed the bridge went down hill pretty quickly, and it was time. The last couple weeks my dawg (she was his girlfriend) and I would go over and visit in the evenings. Helping the guy give his beloved dawg a decent burial in a good shady spot near his garden is karma in the bank.

My dawg is moping tonight.
That's awesome of you.I think it's the food and all the shots increasing the risk.