What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Goldhedge

Speaking from a personal perspective... I am not old.
Aging; yes certainly yet, I've not felt this good/ young in maybe 40 years.

Senile, nah, no way. I did get a little foggy brained last year and I was
then concerned that I was on the decline. Decided not to give in or
give up and chose to eat some little fishies in a can instead.
Whoop there it is again... mind sharp as a blades edge now.

Maybe I'll cop to being 'old' in another 20 - 30 years (if I survive that long). :)
Toby Keith knows a good hook when he hears one. And no one weaves a tale quite like Clint Eastwood.

That the two were sharing a golf cart last year at Eastwood’s charity tournament in Pebble Beach, Calif. is both a testament to their friendship and a stroke of good fortune. The encounter led Keith to pen the beautifully haunting song that lingers at the end of The Mule. The Eastwood-directed and starring film, in theaters now, is based on the true story of a WWII veteran in his 80s who takes a job as a courier for a Mexican drug cartel.

Out on the green, Eastwood shared that he’d be starting work on The Mule in two days, which also happened to be his 88th birthday. Struck by Eastwood’s relentless energy at an age when many are content to sit and reflect, Keith asked how he keeps going.

“He said, ‘I just get up every morning and go out. And I don’t let the old man in,’ ” Keith recounts. “And I thought, I’m writing that.”

Toby Keith Covel (July 8, 1961 – February 5, 2024) was an American country music singer, songwriter, record producer, actor, and businessman.

OleReynard

Toby Keith knows a good hook when he hears one. And no one weaves a tale quite like Clint Eastwood.

That the two were sharing a golf cart last year at Eastwood’s charity tournament in Pebble Beach, Calif. is both a testament to their friendship and a stroke of good fortune. The encounter led Keith to pen the beautifully haunting song that lingers at the end of The Mule. The Eastwood-directed and starring film, in theaters now, is based on the true story of a WWII veteran in his 80s who takes a job as a courier for a Mexican drug cartel.

Out on the green, Eastwood shared that he’d be starting work on The Mule in two days, which also happened to be his 88th birthday. Struck by Eastwood’s relentless energy at an age when many are content to sit and reflect, Keith asked how he keeps going.

“He said, ‘I just get up every morning and go out. And I don’t let the old man in,’ ” Keith recounts. “And I thought, I’m writing that.”

Toby Keith Covel (July 8, 1961 – February 5, 2024) was an American country music singer, songwriter, record producer, actor, and businessman.

What a loss not a country fan but he had it going on

OleReynard

Alright everyone from our little group.
I have some seeds to spread around and give away.
This bean lot is from Baked Beans, just ain't gonna get to these cuz over other projects I've taken on.
Baked Beans is currently handled by Seeds here and now.

Starcube the cube x SDf2
Spitting Cobra, snake venom x gg4bx1
Slippery Rails. TW x banana kush
Lemon ice cube, the cube x lemon fizz

Plus I have a few from Baked Reality from out Montana ways
ONYCD x ghost rider og
Pre98 bk x wifi43

Then a few from Headie Gardens
Bruce Banner x ice castle
Bruce banner x thin mint

That pretty much wraps it up for the B's
Come on people they're not gonna disappear on their own, they ain't got legs

imiubu

That damn mirror. Thinks it knows everything but it only knows what's on the surface.
One day out shopping and in the parking lot, there was my image staring back at me in the reflection of the car window.
Leave me alone, let me go home and let me start over.

Happy Wednesday Pute
I'm in the opposite state currently.
When I was young, I had such a poor body image
that I didn't like to look in the mirror as I was so
very critical over what I then perceived as 'flaws'.

Now, I look at myself; naked even, in the mirror
and think... wow, look at you... and see my accomplishments
and just how well this aging body has held up.

I am thankful every single day and each time I view
this body that I am one of the lower % of folks still
on this Earth.
Every single person in my past whom I'd ever loved
(outside of my very small immediate family) are now DEAD.

So... instead of seeing an aging decrepit body, I give gratitude
instead; that I've lived through all I've put it through so damned well.
I'm still here, still healthy and happy AF to boot :)

imiubu

Great film, great actor and an exceptional artist/ song.
RIP Toby... not much into country but did love TK.
He is and will be long missed IMO

OleReynard

on this Earth.

I'm thinking this needs to come to a vote.
Oops not my thread, @Putembk ?

OleReynard

Couple thumbers of my Mother's Milk F2 I made.
Very good grade, no doubt

Attachments

• 20240619_135138.jpg
    20240619_135138.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 9

Magu🌈

on this Earth.

I understand completely. All my old drinking buddies are dead. We were a hard living bunch and now Im the only one left. The people younger than me think Im a crazy bastard. Ha ha ha 🤣 Im not crazy but I never learned how to follow rules and laws. Life is too short to let someone else tell you how to live. 🌈

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
I stopped at the market and bought hummus, 2 sausages at $1 each, and an orange pepper. I'm going to chop the pepper and enjoy that with hummus, then cook up the 2 sausages in the air fryer. Any idea what to do with the box of linguine? No butter, no tomato sauce here. Need my Cant Believe it's Not Butter spray now that I think about it. Should I skip the pasta? The AC in here is great.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user

Great movie.

He will be missed....already is.

I'm thinking this needs to come to a vote.
Oops not my thread, @Putembk ?
Do your thing my friend....I am just here to keep the coffee warm.