What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

420club
That's a shame, I love hydrangeas. Did you know you can influence their color by changing the ph of the soil. If it's on the alkeline side you get one color and if it's on the acidic side you get the other color. One color is blue like in your picture the other color is reddish, I'm not sure whhich ph is resonsible for which color.
Yes, I’ve heard this. I have this blue one, a purple and a pink but I forgot what to add to change the soil what color. My grandma knew 🙂

SubGirl

420club
If you can not see it I would just let it grow. How can they tell you to cut something that is not yours.
Maybe the perfect place for a gorilla grow behind my Nextdoor neighbors yard who hardly cuts his front yard now. His fenced in backyard needs a bush hog to clear it all the way to his back deck. I can’t see him cutting back there. I may use it for vegetables as I only have limited room in my 2 (4x8) squares.

Littleleaf

Veteran
PSA for those of you in dreamland

I can remember when I only knew this was what a Trans was.....

trans.jpg

oldfogey8

That's a shame, I love hydrangeas. Did you know you can influence their color by changing the ph of the soil. If it's on the alkeline side you get one color and if it's on the acidic side you get the other color. One color is blue like in your picture the other color is reddish, I'm not sure whhich ph is resonsible for which color.
There is a trick where you put a few nails in the ground close to the trunk. As the nail rusts, the pH of the soil changes in its vacinity but not the whole plant seed the same pH. This gives you a plant with pink, blue and purple flowers(I have even had one bloom have all three colors). Pretty sure acidic soil turns the blooms pink and alkaline turns them blue. That is my thought because my plants are close to my concrete foundation and are blue. Concrete is pretty alkaline I believe.

SubGirl

420club
@jokerman
good morning. This is a song you may like.

Gina Furtado Project, the song shares a whimsical story about a little girl who grows up dreaming of living under the sea in a submersible craft. Just when you think it’s a fanciful number about childhood imagination, it veers into a lesson on gender equality.

Furtado described the odd genesis for Submarine.

“The idea for this song was not mine. A gentleman approached me after a show and insisted that I should write a song about the scarcity of women submarine sailors. I thought it was a bizarre idea, but it lingered in the back of my mind. Eventually, I did a late night, insomnia-driven Google search on the topic and discovered that women were not allowed on submarines in the US Navy until 2010.

Now, I may not know anything about submarines, but as a girl who was raised with starkly defined gender roles that almost never suited my personality and interests, I do know a thing or two about having dreams that are off limits for no reason besides not being a boy. True to bluegrass form in just one small way, this is the saddest song I’ve ever written, but with the happiest sounding tune.”