What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

jokerman

Premium user
1715099411706.jpeg

oldmaninbc

How do you sleep at night do you have a cellar?
Never lived in tornado country and not sure if I could sleep at night during any rain.
We got very gusty out bursts of wind last night, pine cones & branches are everywhere today. My wife and I both lost several hours of sleep. It is not tornado country but the area is known for it's strong winds.

When my wife and I first moved here, we traded labor for a travel trailer at a RV park and campground. We looked after the grounds and customers and when the owners needed time off we looked after things. The wind in town is like clock work. I would tell people with motor homes to put their awnings up before bed and some would ignore my warning, the next morning they would say "should have listened to you".

oldmaninbc

I should have been more clear on this :)

These clones will be pruned and trained to then become my new mom's.
The mothers I took them from are nearly 4 years old now and so big and
crazily overgrown they're hard to manage. I just don't have the space for them.

The clones in 1 gal will go on to be my new mom's. I might just forgo this
whole process but... I have 2 strains in particular that I want to keep...
forever is possible haha.

Come August sometime, I will take cuts from the new moms and those
will go into flower abt 11/1. Prior to flower, I will prune/ train those and
my cuts/ clones for the 2nd. winter run will be taken just b4 flowering.

It's kind of a hassle in my small space and I might make my gardening
easier / less laborious if I'd just start seeds each year.

What I'd like to know is how folks are getting these sweet colas
when flowering in a 1 gal!
Gots more studying up to do :)
Thanks for the explanation, it all makes sense now.

Some people like to specialize in growing SOG, I have read that it is suppose to be more productive. There are members here who have had good success with this method. I had a very productive strain that would produce a solid ounce in little over 12" it was as wide as was tall. I caused the mom plant to go hermi by excess amounts of ozone. I didn't know better, I even tried taking a cut and putting it outside for the summer, hoping it might change the hermi nature, but it did not. My loss but experienced gained, I never used ozone after that, I also found out the dangers of ozone on human health. There were no carbon filters at that time.
Thanks again for your reply.

SubGirl

420club
Not much going on in the grow today. Gonna pull a Triangle Haze x Lemon Betty tonight and give her 48 hrs of dark before chopping.
Here is a couple pictures of some Bruce Banner. She is 55 days in now and will run her around 2 more weeks....no cal/mag though. She is starting to Fox Tail a bit.
View attachment 18998874

View attachment 18998875
Those leaves are pretty. I rarely get nice color like that 🥰

OleReynard

I
I actually tried growing in 1 gallon pots for the first time my last grow. I had planned to grow three plants in 7 gallon pots. One of the plants took forever to show sex and in the last minute after turning them on to flower he showed his sex. This was a healthy plant already filled out nice and about 2 ft tall. I removed him from the tent so I had some room in there so I decided to put three young clones from the trim in my other tent in its place. They got put in the flower much younger than I normally start flower. The three little 1 gallon pots needed a bit more attention, sometimes daily water/food depending on how much they drank. The three pots yielded a bit more than a single plant would have taking up the same amount of space. I was surprised that the colas were real nice. And the tent did not get any more crowded than it would have with just one plant. Because we have a plant limit here, it’s not smart for me to plan it that way but it seems I always go over a bit taking in strays in my tent. If we had no plant limit I would try 9 1 gallon plants in my 2x4 starting flower younger to see what kinda yield I would get. I’ll bet it would be more and I would have harvest much quicker than normal. I think @BubbasPlace grows in 1 gallon pots with luck sometimes.
I put 8 -2 gall in a 4x2 to finish usually hit 2-3 dry ozs per bucket
Veg and initiate flower in 1 galls
Veg for 30 to 45 days

oldmaninbc

Oh yes... good morning folks! :)

Cold, damp and dismal here this morn.
Had plans to work in the garage today.
I have several tools that need some attention
plus just general clean up & organizing, sigh.

The Sun is desperately trying to show up to the day.
I am hopeful but not holding my breath.

Oh well... crappy weather means I can (should)
tackle some indoor projects that get left behind
when nice weather allows outdoor activities.

I've now been up for over 3 hrs. and have
accomplished little more than taking the pup out,
drinking copious amounts of java, lots of general farting
around and talking with all you fine folks.
So far, inside projects being completed doesn't
look too promising either hahaha.
I operate on "old age time" the older I get, the more time it takes me to do, well, pretty much everything.

oldmaninbc

Things don't seem to have got a whole lot better this day - so far - currently it's 3.23pm - and I've spent most of the day sleeping - catching up on the sleep 😴 I didn't get last night - due to the MASSIVE headache which fell upon me yesterday afternoon -

- and when I awoke - the nurse told me that the cardio-electrics-pacemaker crew - won't be fixing my loose heart-wire mistake anytime today - so that's another missed meal (due to 'nil by mouth' at lunchtime) - and another wasted day I'll have to bin - in pursuit of finally getting fixed and outa here - and home sweet home 🏡 - and I'm not even certain that I'll get sorted tomorrow - until it does get finally sorted properly - sometime in the future - even if the cardio-electricians do manage to correct their mistake tomorrow - it won't be till Thursday - when they will let me go home - so making it a WHOLE WEEK of waiting and dithering - parked up at the far end of Stephen Ward - being pumped fulla a smorgasbord of various pharmaceutical drugs - eating their VERY bland food - hanging out amongst a buncha VERY sick people - with all sorts of diseases and viruses - even sharing toilets with 'em - waiting and waiting - a-vegitating - trying to retain my sanity - whilst hoping to finally improve my health - 😀
1715103731263.jpeg