What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
While patient hospital food has remained underwhelming, the visitor food here has improved. There is a Tim Hortons in both the hospitals that we are frequenting of late. It’s a big doughnut chain that branched into the soup & sandwiches lunch crowd and just-recently added pizza.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Starting this Satyrday morning on an upbeat note:

Well, that didn't work out well. It was a U-Tube of "Hallelujah" played on bamboo flutes, but shows up here as a private video.

Try this: https://madlyodd.com/epic-native-american-rendition-of-hallelujah/

Ummmmm, where is the music??

How about we start this morning on an upbeat note by hugging the person next to you? Air hugs to you @Gypsy Nirvana until you can find a pretty nurse.
bigarmhug.gif
bigarmhug.gif
bigarmhug.gif

Last edited:

kaochiu

Veteran
So, they call you again and give you… porridge? someone mistook “cardiac arrest” for “arrest that cardiac”! With that diet in St Thomas, let's see if those meat feast pizzas make their way intact, don't let the deliver guy go until you check up the contents. Keep a hidden slice to bribe the surgeon.

Africanna

think about it a second…if the power goes down , the odds of that being permanent are slim , the Oligarchs need electricity to retain power

second , one can store their bitcoin in a private wallet so it will not get zapped and as soon as the electricity is turned back on , one has access to thier cryptos..

but yeah I get it , fungable gold and silver in the hand

the People that do not want Bitcoin to be successful are the ones promoting the fear of loss of power to deter people from investing in Bitcoin…Bitcoin is a threat to the Bankers who are calling the shots…

Bankers = Oligarchy
A hearty amen to that

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
So, they call you again and give you… porridge? someone mistook “cardiac arrest” for “arrest that cardiac”! With that diet in St Thomas, let's see if those meat feast pizzas make their way intact, don't let the deliver guy go until you check up the contents. Keep a hidden slice to bribe the surgeon.
Well - what a fiasco - in the end - because this delivery guy would probably have known his way around the Great Pyramid of Giza - better than St Thomas's hospital - I had to walk all the way to the main entrance from Stephen Ward - which is a very long way - after realising that he didn't speak English - from the 3 telephone calls he made to me - and I couldn't understand a word - and finally when I got the pizza back to my bed - it was stone cold - but I was so calorie deficient - I ate 4 slices in quick succession - so reviving myself -

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
You can't get out and I can't get in. LMAO. we found something "Funny" on your stress test and need a cardiologist to interpret before we can admit you.

And.... Well??? WHAT !!!!!
Hurry up and wait...... Done that way to many times.
I would like to think the fact that they held off on admitting you until they can get more opinions on this "something "Funny"", means that they know enough already to know it's safe to make you wait, rather then admit you anyway, so that if "something "Funny"" turns out to be "something serious" you would already be in the best place to deal with it whatever it is. Unfortunately there are too many other things that get in the way of smart healthcare like worrries about liability and such. Hopefully it does turn out to just be "something "Funny" although in my experience there isn't much to laugh about when it involves heart health.

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yes - had this Chinese lady cardiologist finally explain to me what the cock-up was in my case - and it boils down to the pacemaker experts not checking the chest x-ray taken on the day of my last release (last Sunday) - if they had checked it properly - they would have noticed that a wire was not in the place that it should have been - and fixed it there on the spot - instead of letting me go home under the false assumption - that everything was alright - when it wasn't - and the new whizz-bang-wizard of a new gizmo/gadget picking it up and forwarding the imminent problem details - to those that should have known about it already - if they had only taken the time to properly study the x-ray in the first place -

jokerman

Premium user
Yes - had this Chinese lady cardiologist finally explain to me what the cock-up was in my case - and it boils down to the pacemaker experts not checking the chest x-ray taken on the day of my last release (last Sunday) - if they had checked it properly - they would have noticed that a wire was not in the place that it should have been - and fixed it there on the spot - instead of letting me go home under the false assumption - that everything was alright - when it wasn't - and the new whizz-bang-wizard of a new gizmo/gadget picking it up and forwarding the imminent problem details - to those that should have known about it already - if they had only taken the time to properly study the x-ray in the first place -
You should put our group on your portal so we could advise accordingly.

Magu🌈

Well - what a fiasco - in the end - because this delivery guy would probably have known his way around the Great Pyramid of Giza - better than St Thomas's hospital - I had to walk all the way to the main entrance from Stephen Ward - which is a very long way - after realising that he didn't speak English - from the 3 telephone calls he made to me - and I couldn't understand a word - and finally when I got the pizza back to my bed - it was stone cold - but I was so calorie deficient - I ate 4 slices in quick succession - so reviving myself -
Ha ha ha 🤣. That is soooo fucked up, 😂 In ohio we can get pizza delivered to a state prison but you cant get one delivered to a hospital bed. 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

SubGirl

420club
Hopefully they will have a lessons learned with the hospital staff that should have caught this. The hospital went into my wrong kidney once even after they had 10 people sign off on the left kidney even the doc signing my left side arm with his initials, they still went into the right side. The swept it under the carpet and hid all their mistakes. I was pretty pissed as it takes a really long time to recover from it and it was not fun. I’m sorry they made this mistake and hope they at least learn from it for the next guy…