What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Unca Walt

420club
I’m watching the news and at the University of South Florida, The pro Palestinian idiots are out there protesting. Typical of Florida the police went in with rubber bullets and tear gas and told those folks get the hell out of Dodge… we need more police that think like that cause if we don’t stop these guys, they will eat this country a new asshole
Yeah, DeSantis got up there and essentially said: "FAFO, dickheads!"

Unca Walt

420club
So you o'l farts shake up your memory. By the way it's good for you!!

Going back as far as you can remember what's the very first TV SHOW you can remember.....

I go back to Mickey Mouse..... Captain Kangaroo also sticks in my memory.
Time For Beany -- With Uncle Captain, Cecil the Seasick Sea Serpent, the Leakin' Lena (UC's boat), the Blood Vessel ( Dishonest John's pirate ship)

I was ten. So it was 1950.

Then there was Kukla, Fran, and Ollie. <-- The grownups liked it, too. Fran was beautiful to a ten-year old.

Rocky Jones, Space Ranger -- I was about 13. I loved the beginning, with a chirping countdown.

Shari Lewis and Lamb Chop -- I was in early teens (14?) I was quite interested for a while because I had read that Shari Lewis had been a stripper before she became so wholesome.

Last edited:

Unca Walt

420club
Phil Silvers, some famous actors worked that show.
I remember one skit where Sgt. Bilko had a kid who could throw curve balls with either hand... and the curves required everyones heads to swivel to follow the ball.

But the kid was a Southrin' type, and wouldn't be caught dead with anything Yankee.

So he got Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris and some other famous guy I cannot remember to dress up like Southern plantation owners to convince the kid the team name meant nuthin'.

Unca Walt

420club
bummer man , I hope you get some sleep/rest

UncaWalt swears by melatonin…says it puts him right to sleep

of course you would have to clear that with your doctors

we are smoking a bowl triangle kush to your getting better
It's twoo, it's twoo!!! [/Lily von Schtupp]

Suck on one melatonin gummy about 15 minutes before you hit the hay. You will get several hours sleep.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Good morning

lets have a coffee party and Postum for all yous LDS types..😂

debauchery coffee for the rest of us

IMG_8820.jpeg

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Good Heavens, no way! Total agreement. I get my political stance from what I have lived through and observed over 84 years. Those intense experiences have broadened what I would call acceptable behavior on my part.

That warning .44 blast about two feet away directly across your nose would, I am reasonably certain, immediately get your immediate attention that there is one crazy sumbitch standing in front of you. And you can see in his eyes that he WILL do it.

You will get out of the road. nem. con.

For a bit of broadening understanding, I done tooken that political placement thingy. Here is the result:
View attachment 18995816
YIKES! LATE EDIT ADD:

I was just looking at that graphic result to see if it had posted OK, and had an insight: As you live longer (with at least some of your wits about you), your worldview changes.

You are rising in the accumulation of experiential knowledge, just as if you were rising in the air and can see more each passing day.

Some people only know/see four squares each way from center. Look where the red dot would be on that spectrum.
I took that same test and landed slightly off the chart in what would be the southwest if it were a map.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Good Heavens, no way! Total agreement. I get my political stance from what I have lived through and observed over 84 years. Those intense experiences have broadened what I would call acceptable behavior on my part.

That warning .44 blast about two feet away directly across your nose would, I am reasonably certain, immediately get your immediate attention that there is one crazy sumbitch standing in front of you. And you can see in his eyes that he WILL do it.

You will get out of the road. nem. con.

For a bit of broadening understanding, I done tooken that political placement thingy. Here is the result:
View attachment 18995816
YIKES! LATE EDIT ADD:

I was just looking at that graphic result to see if it had posted OK, and had an insight: As you live longer (with at least some of your wits about you), your worldview changes.

You are rising in the accumulation of experiential knowledge, just as if you were rising in the air and can see more each passing day.

Some people only know/see four squares each way from center. Look where the red dot would be on that spectrum.

where would one find this test?..

Unca Walt

420club
I just thought of one that takes the cake:

Back when the war was still very much on and nobody had a TV set, we would listen to "Gangbusters" on our giant radio. I do not remember anything of the program except me getting shot with that tommy-gun at the beginning every time it came on and then falling to the living room floor.

But the two programs that would scare me to pieces were "Lights Out", and "The Creaking Door".

The earliest TV set in our neighborhood gathered all us kids to watch the mindless Farmer Gray Cartoons. <-- These were cartoons from the 1920's with musical soundtracks added for TV broadcast.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
moar packing and sorting today and a possible trip to the landfill

i saw some cool vintage wooden doors there last time with antique hardware on them…doors that are 50-75 years old

they make great art displays and sell for 50-100 depending on the artist and painting

i think I can trade some metal and wire for them

IMG_8831.jpeg
IMG_8830.jpeg
IMG_8829.jpeg
IMG_8828.jpeg

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning rasty old farts and kindly fartesses humoring us!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Early rain with mid-morning clearing, starting at 44F and predicted to reach 63F.

A nice visit, with my daughter and hubby returning home yesterday morning and the Graywolf household has returned to normal. I haven't heard whether they had to pay for overweight luggage, but we sent them home with books and goodies'

The books were copies of Complete Fencing by Albert Manley, in which I modeled some of the techniques, and which I picked up used on E-Bay for my grandsons.

We cleared the refrigerator of dining out leftovers last night and breakfast out this morning at Cadilliac Cafe with Nutrition Magician and Alan.
Complete fencing.png

Magu🌈

moar packing and sorting today and a possible trip to the landfill

i saw some cool vintage wooden doors there last time with antique hardware on them…doors that are 50-75 years old

they make great art displays and sell for 50-100 depending on the artist and painting

i think I can trade some metal and wire for them

View attachment 18996309 View attachment 18996310 View attachment 18996311 View attachment 18996312
Those are the EXACT same doors that are in my family farm house. 130 years old. The 2x4s are actually 2x4. The wooden beams are old growth trees and so dense that you cant hammer a nail into them. Spikes just bend.