What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Narcotics have their place in lifes toolbox.
Glad you're doing better today that sounded pretty brutal.
Yes - I can see the value of living with less or no pain - by taking a narcotic - this stuff also considerably lessens the super-sore feeling I get from being cut down the middle - and opened up - just over a week ago now - and should help me sleep this night 🌙 too

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
I stretch every day. Problem is my L3 and L4 are bone to bone. Stretching actually makes it hurt more. I do stretch but carefully. I walk 4 or 5 times a week depending on weather and my schedule. I walked 3 miles at the lake today and just mowed the yard and the field out back.....

I do most everything I should to keep myself going at my age. Problem is.....I am as good as I am gonna get and with time I will never be this good again.

Fortunately I retired over 14 years ago and got to play a lot after I retired. At almost 74 I still get around pretty well.
Oh yes, you are. And its fantastic to know all these people over 60 going on weed every day. You people are inspiring.

I did it for almost a year before it starts to reduce the pain. My lower back was so bad that stretching alone didn't solve it, but I didn't stop and when I cut out alcohol it started to works.
Bone to bone must really hurt, my mother has it in her knee, my grandmother had it, I think it's genetic. Today was leg day and I felt something screwing with my knee.

Ernie Hudson looks 40:

oldmaninbc

I've just been moved to bed 18 in Becket Ward - by my - (not so old ) previous nurse - and we said our goodbyes - so now it's 4 fellas in a much smaller room - with a view of Big Ben -

- My new nurse - an English gal called Frankie - said that she thinks that they might operate on me this coming Thursday - since the med authorities will want to free my bed up - for a new patient - that would be nice - and so I should then be able to go home - before the weekend - we shall see 👀 😀
View attachment 18992250
Your view looks very historical, does Big Ben work?
I hope I am not raining on your parade but I'm glad to see things are moving along in a positive direction. Good show, and from my understanding your going to feel better than you have in some time.:)

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Your view looks very historical, does Big Ben work?
I hope I am not raining on your parade but I'm glad to see things are moving along in a positive direction. Good show, and from my understanding your going to feel better than you have in some time.:)
No - not at all old chap - looks to me like they have finally fixed Big Ben - and The Houses of Parliament - and Westminster Cathedral - seem to have no scaffolding on or around them - so the job of fixing those historic buildings - must have finally been completed - after many years of refurbishment -

- and hopefully - I will be feeling alot better - once I can get this pacemaker fitted - still no firm date for that - so I'm still in a kinda surgical limbo -

jokerman

Premium user
Notice Subbie second to the left☝️☝️
1713906996732.png

oldmaninbc

Back from my walk. Lake was like glass today. Hardly any boats......means nobody is catching fish. Including me. Haven't had the boat out once this year. Been to cold. I am going on fishing trip soon. Hopefully the water temp will get up to 60f by then.

Need to get out and mow the field out back. If I don't my mower will hate me.

My back has killed me since I turned 50 or so. Worn out. I just started taking steroid shot in my spine and It has helped. I get the 3rd in a series of 3 this Thursday. Then every 6 months or so for the rest of my life or as long as I can tolerate it. And you are right oldmaninbc....wears me out.

Off to mow.
Aside from medications, relaxation exercices and meditation, the most beneficial thing I can do is not to do things that are going to hurt me. It took me quite some time to get that through my thick skull.
According to the surgeon, surgery would be too dangerous for my conditions and the very real possibility of further complications.

Putembk, I hope your not as thick headed as myself.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Aside from medications, relaxation exercices and meditation, the most beneficial thing I can do is not to do things that are going to hurt me. It took me quite some time to get that through my thick skull.
According to the surgeon, surgery would be too dangerous for my conditions and the very real possibility of further complications.

Putembk, I hope your not as thick headed as myself.
Man has got to know his limitations.....my balance sucks! That's just one of many things I have come to accept. No backpack fishing trips, and sleeping on the ground. I stay in hotels now days. No gutter cleaning.....exc. I am not 10 feet tall and bullet proof any more.

But I still love the coffee girls.😛

SubGirl

420club
Hey everyone. Had a busy day today. Toook my Arlo to the vet for another ear infection. Looks like a twice a year things with these doodles.
‘got my tent all cleaned out and my new little plants rehomed there.
IMG_9908.jpeg

‘I posted more about them on my garden page.
also made cherry strudel for tonight’s enjoyment

having slider burgers and roasted potatoes for supper
IMG_9907.jpeg

imiubu

'Hunky Dory' - that Bowie album - was the first album that I ever bought or had - I think it was 1973 - when I was 13 years old - and I sold the back wheel of an old bicycle that I had to buy it - for about £3 at the time - 💔 - brings back so many memories - and the words of all of those great songs on that album - one of note being 'Kooks' -

Quite an enlightened and exceptional choice for a 13yo.
IMO of course :)

I almost forgot about this song.
IMO it should be translated into every language possible
then given to parents at new births to sing to all the babies.

Sure is better than that ole tune of "rockabye baby in the tree top..."
WTF does that mean anyway? No love nor lessons in those lyrics.
Kinda scary actually if ya ask me.

"cause if you stay with us, you're gonna be a little kookie too" :huggg:

It was the summer of 1974. I was 16 and had become a ward of the court
after my father beat me up (again) and I finally reported him.

There was this crazy red headed girl named Wendy who brought her albums
to the shelter. I became enamored with "Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars".
Know every lyric, note etc. even to this day, by heart.
If not for Wendy and David, I don't know how I'd have survived that summer.

Yanno, I used to be embarrassed and would not ever talk about the things
that occurred in our home growing up.
Feeling isolated,that this is just 'normal' and/ or we are alone,
the only ones going through these things.

It's unfortunate to discover as we age that everyone carries trauma,
all to different degrees with different life long effects.
We are not alone in this. And, it is cathartic to talk about it, I think.

We are survivors for certain.
I've decided that surviving isn't enough though, I'm going to thrive
and live the rest of my life with joy and a sense of abandonment of
that which had stifled me from my past.

Our scars, both internal and external are our proof that we lived
through it all and are still here.... a little rough around the edges,
a little achy perhaps, etc,. but we are ALIVE.

This is but a blip in the journey Gypsy. That scar will become a reminder
of your strength, what was necessary to not only live but to be truly ALIVE.
Time will pass, there'll be grand babies, great grandbabies, just so
many fantastic adventures yet to be had brother.

Your legacy will grow on (yes, double entendre intended ;) ).
The pain you feel now will pay out in unimaginable joys to come.
This is that 2nd. chance, the opportunity to grab that brass ring, to thrive.

Okay... I'm definitely too flipping high now and babbling :D

kevinn

Hey everyone. Had a busy day today. Toook my Arlo to the vet for another ear infection. Looks like a twice a year things with these doodles.
‘got my tent all cleaned out and my new little plants rehomed there.
View attachment 18992347
‘I posted more about them on my garden page.
also made cherry strudel for tonight’s enjoyment

having slider burgers and roasted potatoes for supper
View attachment 18992348
I am salivating on my keyboard !!!!!!!!!!