What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Sun&Soil

20240902_130232.jpg

My 10 footer was a male. Had to cut him. I chopped him up and threw him in the compost. Lovely fella full of good genetics, but I could have pollinated a county with this tall boy. RIP Pedro!

Hope everyone is well!

Days are getting shorter. Will be in the dungeon soon enough. Trying to soak up as much of the remaining summer heat and sun as possible. The air will chill soon and we will be in the dark days of winter. Till then, let them flowers flatten.

Cheers

Goldhedge

they dont even look edible
Phallaceae is a family of fungi, commonly known as stinkhorns, within the order Phallales. Stinkhorns have a worldwide distribution, but are especially prevalent in tropical regions. They are known for their foul-smelling, sticky spore masses, or gleba, borne on the end of a stalk called the receptaculum. The characteristic fruiting-body structure, a single, unbranched receptaculum with an externally attached gleba on the upper part, distinguishes the Phallaceae from other families in the Phallales. The spore mass typically smells of carrion or dung, and attracts flies, beetles and other insects to help disperse the spores. Although there is great diversity in body structure shape among the various genera, all species in the Phallaceae begin their development as oval or round structures known as "eggs". The appearance of Phallaceae is often sudden, as gleba can erupt from the underground egg and burst open within an hour.[3] According to a 2008 estimate, the family contains 21 genera and 77 species.[4]

Stinkhorns are edible, but only at the egg stage when the smell is less strong. The inner layer can be cut out with a knife and eaten raw – it is crisp and crunchy with a radish-like taste. [10]

The mushrooms also contains several pharmaceutical compounds with potential for cancer treatment.[11]

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
View attachment 19064882
My 10 footer was a male. Had to cut him. I chopped him up and threw him in the compost. Lovely fella full of good genetics, but I could have pollinated a county with this tall boy. RIP Pedro!

Hope everyone is well!

Days are getting shorter. Will be in the dungeon soon enough. Trying to soak up as much of the remaining summer heat and sun as possible. The air will chill soon and we will be in the dark days of winter. Till then, let them flowers flatten.

Cheers
That’s a big male S&S. You just picked up it was a boy? 10 ft wow
my outside plants are tall this year. Starting to see problems starting with them tho maybe some bud rot starting. So sad to see this so late in the grow. When do you think you will harvest? Nice to see you drop by. 🥰✌️
IMG_0556.jpeg
IMG_0552.jpeg
IMG_0571.jpeg

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I know one is in the drivers seat...if I had been sitting in the car it would have been a spinal shot...my first thought was to run the scissor lift over the top of my shop, bring my sig 223 with a great scope and begin taking window shots to all his cars...I'm gonna be smart and let the detectives do what they do...shooting into an occupied structure is a serious offense...I want him behind bars...fuggem
Do the detectives know there is a bullet in the drivers seat? If not tell them you think one is in there and get them to dig it out. Without any bullets they don't have proof your neighbor did it and he could say it was someone else who fired the shots. If they have a bullet though they can match that to his gun and have a bullet proof case (pun intended).

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
Hi DB, that I do, one year older tomorrow. While I appreciate the fact I'm still alive to have a birthday, celebrating it doesn't seem to be the same as when I was young.

It is also the day my mom passed away in 2021. While I don't grieve for mom any longer, I still miss her and my birthday reminds me of her passing.

Have you had the big weather change, I imagine your area weather is somewhat tempered by the ocean.

Hope all is well with you!
Man, that really sucks that your Mom passed on your birthday oldman. I mean it's bad enough that as we get older we almost want to forget our birthdays but to have it also be a reminder of the loss of a loved one makes it so much worse.

oldmaninbc

Man, that really sucks that your Mom passed on your birthday oldman. I mean it's bad enough that as we get older we almost want to forget our birthdays but to have it also be a reminder of the loss of a loved one makes it so much worse.
My birthday does not seem to matter like it did in the past, just glad to be alive and my chronic medical issues have not gotten worse. I miss my mom, it was in the last 12 years of her life that we became closer than previous years. My stepfather created a barrier but after he passed, my mom and I became close.
I no longer grieve her passing but I sure miss our talks.

Good evening HempKat

HempKat

Veteran
My birthday does not seem to matter like it did in the past, just glad to be alive and my chronic medical issues have not gotten worse. I miss my mom, it was in the last 12 years of her life that we became closer than previous years. My stepfather created a barrier but after he passed, my mom and I became close.
I no longer grieve her passing but I sure miss our talks.

Good evening HempKat
I can relate somewhat, as far as the close relationship and missing that she's gone. My Mother and I talked weekly on Sunday's usually for 2-3 hours sometimes longer. I miss those conversations still even though my Mother has been gone for about 6 years now. I would say it's normal for lots of older folk to lose interest in their birthdays, I'm the same way but you still know it within yourself that it's your birthday and it's just sad that it now reminds you of a painful loss. I'm sure if I had my birthday be a reminder of the loss of a loved one the day would probably push me into a period of depression.