What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
back right pocket is my place.😊
Yup.
View attachment 19013599 Too fuckin hot today if you ask me and gonna be almost 84 tomorrow.
🙃
Poor boy! Does he like to play in water?

Cooling down.jpg

oldmaninbc

If you want to try another soup that isn't very common other then maybe the South in the USA, but is really quite good when done right, then try Peanut Soup. I don't know the recipe and the only place I know that serves it is this really cool historic Inn (George Wahington was known to stay there) located in Middletown, Viirginia called the Wayside Inn. It's about a sx hor drive for me to get there where I live now so I haven't been in a while but if the peanut soup is still as good as it used to be it would almost be worth making that trip.
We both like soup a lot, I will look into Peanut Soup.
I use to live in this one small town for about 30 years, it's where I learned about Borscht, I love Borscht.

jokerman

Premium user
We both like soup a lot, I will look into Peanut Soup.
I use to live in this one small town for about 30 years, it's where I learned about Borscht, I love Borscht.
me 2
I made a lot of leek soup which was delicious.
Im no expert but I think if soup is made right without added fattening stuff, it may be the perfect food.
Half digested already kinda sorta
I love watching cooking shows
When the beautiful Giada De Laurentis cut her finger on the air, I cried for a week

jokerman

Premium user
To simplify it, some would call it cabbage/beet soup, but there is more to it then that.
It comes from a Ukrainian & Russian background. It has cream lots of butter and very rich. There are several recipes but some are better than others. It freezes well and is usually made in quantity. It's a process that takes time.
I like the freezes well part
if Im cooking im making enough and want enough to freeze