What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

the oldest cannabis stash found

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
it is one of the farthest traveling plants known, everyone took it wherever they went, in seed and plant matter

I love to think of a person having to make a fire to light his pipe of ancient herb

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
double post

here is a pretty pic

Opal Creek

6543618.jpg

soggiebottom

googled "2700 grams" for a quick conversion and that article popped up...Topping for those that haven't read it..very neat

I wonder what their gram-per-watt was back then? hahaha

vostok

Veteran
Still a great post...so will pump some more.. but is fading on many sites:
cannabis-stash-540x380.grid-6x2.jpg
oldest-cannabis-stash-found.png

The World’s Oldest Stash: Scientists Find 2,700-Year-Old Pot

Scientists have discovered two pounds of a dried plant that turned out to be the oldest marijuana in the world. Inside one of the Yanghai Tombs excavated in the Gobi Desert, a team of researchers found the cannabis packed into a wooden bowl resting inside a 2,700-year-old grave. It was placed near the head of a blue-eyed, 45-year-old shaman among other objects like bridles and a harp to be used in afterlife.

At first, the researchers thought the dried weed was coriander. Then they spent 10 months getting the cannabis from the tomb in China to a secret lab in England. Finally, the team put the stash through “microscopic botanical analysis” including carbon dating and genetic analysis, and discovered the stash was really pot.

The fact that the weed had a chemical known for psychoactive properties called tetrahydrocannabinolic acid synthase, or THC, led scientists to believe the man and his community probably used it for medicinal and recreational purposes. According to professor Ethan Russo of the Chinese Academy of Sciences Institute of Botany, someone had picked out all the parts of the plant that are less psychoactive before placing it in the grave, therefore the dead man probably didn’t grow his hemp merely to make clothes.

If marijuana aged like wine, pot users might now be in heaven. But the weed had decomposed over the years, so no one would feel any effects if they smoked the artifact today.
here: http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/d...dest-stash-scientists-find-2700-year-old-pot/

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/28034925/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gushi_culture

vostok

Veteran
ICMAG: notes worth noting..

1: It took 18 months to 'transport' that 2 pound or 4.5 Kg from China to UK, maybe they took the long route or the dea took an interest, my new tv didn't take that long...?

2: How does this guy know what the long term effects of THC are, that grave was a very dry and cool place

3: Blue eyed shaman ...how did they know that ...?

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
mmh no smoke for us but very good to know that we smoke already more than 2000years ago..

Are you so sure they smoked it? Why no pipes?
Because, they did not really smoke Cannabis 2700 years ago.....
Cannabis smoking in pipes did not happen until post 1492.
Excluding putting tops on coals to make it smoke under a tent or tepee.
Now that was a real smoke out.
-SamS

Maybe they made herbal tea with the cannabis...who knows right?

Maybe one day archaeologists will unearth a mummified Anasazi chief in a remote cliff side with a corn husk full of American land race cannabis and a necklace made from gigantopithecus teeth. The world will be shocked and appalled. Fingers will be pointed, careers destroyed, and pants soiled.

mtntrogger

Veteran

Maybe one day archaeologists will unearth a mummified Anasazi chief in a remote cliff side with a corn husk full of American land race cannabis and a necklace made from gigantopithecus teeth. The world will be shocked and appalled. Fingers will be pointed, careers destroyed, and pants soiled.

Tahhhh !!! I love it !

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
How about I bet you it never happens? Zero archeological remains of Cannabis has been found or seeds or pollen in the Americas that was pre-1492, why is that? Because it was not here.
-SamS

http://www.internationalhempassociation.org/jiha/jiha5208.html

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I don't need the link, thanks.
I get no thrill if I win or lose, so I don't gamble.
I never gamble, never, but this is not gambling, it is just me taking money from someone that thinks there might of been Cannabis in the Americas pre-1492.
Find any proof that Cannabis was in the Americas pre-1492 and let me know about it, until then I bet it will never happen.....

-SamS

Sorry I don't gamble.........

http://www.calpg.org/

:)

Latest posts

Latest posts