What's new

The Official MMA Discussion

jamrockjay

Yeah that sounds about right, all bets are on............
IMHO anythin can happen in this sport. I wouldnt class it as a upset if The count beat Hendo, as i personally think it could go either way. Hendo is usually so laid back but the count has got under his skin and i think this will be a factor. Whatever the outcome im sure its gonna be a gr8 fight. Hendo is pure class in and out of the octagon, a true role model.
The thing i notice with the count is when he is the underdog he produces his better displays in the octagon. If the count can stay away from hendos right hand and has good take down defence i see him winning, he hendo gets the upper hand its gonna be a tough fight for the count to win but still win-able.
I think we should start a petition for MMA to be a olympic sport, i mean there are various martial arts at the olympics already so why not..........Probably already in the pipeline for 2016, as by then this will be the BIGGEST sport in the world. Its incredible how mma has took off all around the world in the last 5 or so yrs..

Well its confirmed.........Setanta has ceased broadcasting......... I have looked on the UFC website and it says its been fully aware of the situation and sometime soon they are gonna annouce a new tv deal for the UK fans. They stated that UFC100 will definately be aired over here........(thank god for that)......

Mr.M

XXI
ICMag Donor
... his hair is a serious disadvantage ...
on Clay Guida.

I absolutely agree. I've never seen Clay's hair quite so long and it seamed like it acted as blinders. I've never seen him just cover up like that. It looked like he couldn't see were the strikes were coming from so he went into cover mode. Clay is a great fighter though with excellent heart and he always brings it. I think his striking in round one would have been much improved if he could have seen better. I'm a fan of both fighters and I think the fight was called correctly.

Any very long time UFC fans here?? I've been with it since the beginning. I remember waiting for two weeks for UFC1 to air. You guys that have been following the entire time...can you believe how much things have changed??!! It's truly amazing. All aspects of this sport have evolved so much it blows my mind. Since it hit the main stream with the UF show..boom! I have to admit with the massive influx of new fighters I sometimes lose interest here and there..ei I missed most of the last two seasons of UF. I'm glad MMA is accepted now.

Peace,
M

RIP Charles "Mask" Lewis Jr.

"Just Believe"

We are truly saddened by this loss.

Nordle

confirmed-UFC kicked setanta to the kirb.

does go on to say that the uk fans will get to see all the upcomin cards-anouncment to be made soon.

im hopin its bravo back to sun nights.

just sucks it bein 18hrs after the live stuff, will have to stay away from this thread untill i watch it now-which sucks.

shit-just seen your post jamrock-beat me to it. oh well

NateDizz

Any very long time UFC fans here??

I first got into MMA in late '96 when a cousin introduced me to the sport with some low quality bootlegged tapes of events from Brazil and Hawaii. About 98% of the bouts on the original dozen tapes I received ended not only in knockouts (brutal ones at that) or the occasional submission, but it usually happened within the first 5 minutes. Decisions were almost unheard of because these guys' ferocity was rediculous and there wern't all the rules and regulations there are in MMA in North America today. From the first second of the fights guys were running in at each other looking to kill. Once I was introduced I became a huge fan(atic) and I have watched literally thousands of bouts since then.

As far as the UFC, the first event I ever caught was UFC 12.

Like you said, the progression has been amazing. It used to just be some of the toughest motherfuckers on the planet trying to kill each other as quick and brutally as possible and from there it's evolved into an actual professional sport. I don't think anyone could have imagined it being what it is today.

bens lab

I started watching in 1999, but mainly Pride and some UFC's. After a few years I got hooked and have been watching mma religiously ever since. Its really great, I watch every prelim, all the weighins, etc and its always easy to watch all the other major mma events too with a little help from the internet.

I went to UFC 75, Rampage v Hendo. I even chatted to Roger Huerta and Brandon Vera there. :D

NateDizz

Seeing as how there's not much happening in the MMA world from now until UFC 100 (I have no interest in seeing Bobby Lashley and Bob Sapp duke it out or Affiction VP Tom Atencio step into the ring) I'm gonna post my 100 picks to hopefully stir up some discussion / debate.

Frank Mir > Brock Lesnar - submission

Georges St. Pierre > Thiago Alves - submission

Michael Bisping > Dan Henderson - decision

Paulo Thiago > Jon Fitch - submission

Yoshihiro Akiyama > Alan Belcher (technical) knockout

Jon Jones > Jake O'Brien (technical) knockout

I've shown you mine, now you show me yours :wink:

Seeing as how there's not much happening in the MMA world from now until UFC 100 (I have no interest in seeing Bobby Lashley and Bob Sapp duke it out or Affiction VP Tom Atencio step into the ring) I'm gonna post my 100 picks to hopefully stir up some discussion / debate.

Frank Mir > Brock Lesnar - submission

Georges St. Pierre > Thiago Alves - submission

Michael Bisping > Dan Henderson - decision

Paulo Thiago > Jon Fitch - submission

Yoshihiro Akiyama > Alan Belcher (technical) knockout

Jon Jones > Jake O'Brien (technical) knockout

I've shown you mine, now you show me yours :wink:

Here's my picks.......

Frank Mir > Brock Lesnar - Sub

Thiago Alves > Georges St. Pierre - TKO

Dan Henderson > Michael Bisping - TKO via G&P

Paulo Thiago > Jon Fitch - Sub

Yoshihiro Akiyama > Alan Belcher - TKO

Jon Jones > Jake O'Brien - TKO

NateDizz

Found this on Sherdog.com today.....

"The UFC’s television partner in the United Kingdom, Setanta Sports, appears down for the count after the network ceased broadcasting and went into administration, one of the last steps before bankruptcy. The debt-ridden network had a late-hour sale offer fall through and was behind tens of millions of dollars in payments to the English Premiere soccer league, the network’s anchor programming. The UFC announced June 23 it had terminated its relationship with the network, which started two years ago.

The development calls into question whether or not the all-important UFC 100 card on July 11 will be viewable in the UFC’s key international market. The company indicated it would make an announcement concerning its future on UK television soon but had not done so as of week’s end. UFC 100 will likely air on Bravo, the general entertainment cable channel that aired UFC events prior to Setanta. Bravo stood ready to broadcast UFC 99 on June 13 had Setanta collapsed sooner, according to the Wrestling Observer. Rumors have the UFC returning to England on Nov. 14 at the Manchester Evening News Arena."

Nordle

good man nate.

was pretty much what i was hoping was gonna happen

will suck not bein able to come on here postin just after the fights happen, but, i like waitin all sunday for 9pm ufc on bravo, much more sociable time-setanta was 3am-6am

Looks like Bobby Lashley is taking MMA seriously. He disposed of Bob Sapp In under 2 minutes. Sapp tapped out due to ground and pound.

After the bout, ""To all the heavyweights out there, if you're not looking at me, you better, because I'm coming. I'll take on all challengers," Lashley said."

daddy fingaz

Looks like Bobby Lashley is taking MMA seriously. He disposed of Bob Sapp In under 2 minutes. Sapp tapped out due to ground and pound.

After the bout, ""To all the heavyweights out there, if you're not looking at me, you better, because I'm coming. I'll take on all challengers," Lashley said."

what an irony that sapp rhymes with tap !! he is a big girl bless him!!

jamrockjay

Still no news over here with regards to ufc100, last i heard it was a str8 3 way race between sky, bravo and virgin1 who will win the rights for showing the ufc in the uk. Anyone of the 3 will do but i hope sky dont get it as they will charge us for everythin, i hope we get ultimate talk back as well on another channel as i use to like watchin that on thursdays. Hopefully a decision is going to be made later this week, fingers crossed

BoB91

Here's my picks.......

Frank Mir > Brock Lesnar - Sub

Dan Henderson > Michael Bisping - TKO via G&P

Paulo Thiago > Jon Fitch - Sub

I concur except I want Fitch to knock Paulo out! And that is my pick.

jamrockjay

Here are my picks for ufc 100

Brock Lesnar > Frank Mir - TKO

Michael Bisping > Dan Henderson - Decision

John Fitch > Paulo Thiago - Sub

Whatever the outcome it should be a great night for MMA

caruso813

Here are my picks for ufc 100

Brock Lesnar > Frank Mir - TKO

Michael Bisping > Dan Henderson - Decision

John Fitch > Paulo Thiago - Sub

Whatever the outcome it should be a great night for MMA

Those picks except, O'Brien over Jones

jamrockjay

Ive still not found any news with regards to who is gonna get the rights over here in the uk, a decision was apparantly gonna be made sometime this week but like i have said still no news...They say no news is good news, but im starting to worry as its only just over a week till ufc100

Latest posts

Latest posts