What's new

The Official FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

miniman

you raise an excellent point indeed.

as historically, it has been Brazil and Germany the two main recipients of favorable-questionable calls by the referee.

lol dude, when im reading your texts i feel huge sympathy, but when you´re talking football you seem to be so wrong :laughing:
ever team gets favorable calls from time to time, but germany sure had bad luck with the referees in many wordlcups think about wembley, or 2002 ballacks 2nd yellow card in semifinals.
anyway i guess the germans will make it to the finals, without neymar brazil isn´t worth a whole lot. then hopefully messi will beat the germans in the final ( i am from germany and i deeply hate the team, better the fans. until wc 2006 in germany patriotism was seen completely critical in the media/society(bc of german history) since the 06 world cup this has changed to the complete oposite. there are german flags everywhere, people are singing the national anthem in public. 20 years ago you might have been beaten up for that shit. i liked the old times way better. go argentine/leo, beat the krauts :dance013::dance013::dance013:

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
lol dude, when im reading your texts i feel huge sympathy, but when you´re talking football you seem to be so wrong :laughing:
ever team gets favorable calls from time to time, but germany sure had bad luck with the referees in many wordlcups think about wembley, or 2002 ballacks 2nd yellow card in semifinals.
anyway i guess the germans will make it to the finals, without neymar brazil isn´t worth a whole lot. then hopefully messi will beat the germans in the final ( i am from germany and i deeply hate the team, better the fans. until wc 2006 in germany patriotism was seen completely critical in the media/society(bc of german history) since the 06 world cup this has changed to the complete oposite. there are german flags everywhere, people are singing the national anthem in public. 20 years ago you might have been beaten up for that shit. i liked the old times way better. go argentine/leo, beat the krauts :dance013::dance013::dance013:

you may be right miniman, it may just be I'm still butt-hurt after the referee gave away the final to Germany through shitty calls against Argentina in Italy 90. or like when Germany cheated by spying on how Argentina trained for the penalty kicks and Lehmann pulled out off his socks a list with the preference of how the Argentinian players liked to kick (Germany 2006 btw)... or it may be any of the other times like these where Germany has received so much help from the referees, not only in the world cup, but also the euro cup.

don't even get me started with all the help Brazil has gotten from referees...

I go a bit irrational when it comes to football though, so who knows, maybe I'm just way too biased to have an objective view.

peace

O

OGShaman

Now that America loves soccer, maybe we should try out that crazy metric system everybody is talking about.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think possibly a Germany v argentina final, all over the news its about brazil losing naymer but I would be much more concerned about losing tiago silva,,,he was a true captain,,motiviating his players to the final whistle,,,,he will be a bigger loss to team then naymer imo,,,
Germany will attempt to frustrate the Brazilians hoping they can expose there firey temperments and taking there mind off the job in hand,,,Holland will really have to up there game aginst argentina and that's taking nothing away from costa rica who were excellent,,,,s2

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
I'm picking Argentina v Germany

Argentina wins. In Brasil even.

Will the country of Argentina finally embrace Messi?.?.?.

( i am from germany and i deeply hate the team, better the fans. until wc 2006 in germany patriotism was seen completely critical in the media/society(bc of german history) since the 06 world cup this has changed to the complete oposite. there are german flags everywhere, people are singing the national anthem in public. 20 years ago you might have been beaten up for that shit. i liked the old times way better. go argentine/leo, beat the krauts :dance013::dance013::dance013:

For every call you can count against the Germans, there are just as many that went before them.

What is it about singing the national anthem in public that offends you?

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm guessing you must be over 55 at least. I think you may just be used to the old way, the wrong way I might add, of how Germany was.

If you'd like Germany to look like East Germany, go ahead, just move there. I for one, am very happy the rest of the German people are moving ahead towards the future and leaving this type of anti-nationalist mentality in the past.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Great article in ESPN the magazine, about Messi, and the cloud he lives under called Maradonna.

Don't see him play much, but Messi seems like a quiet,classy guy. Maradonna has a looong history of being a complete douche bag, yet can seem to do no wrong in the eyes of Argentine soccer fans.

Great article in ESPN the magazine, about Messi, and the cloud he lives under called Maradonna.

Don't see him play much, but Messi seems like a quiet,classy guy. Maradonna has a looong history of being a complete douche bag, yet can seem to do no wrong in the eyes of Argentine soccer fans.

Maradona is a complete douche-bag.

He was also one of the most gifted players to ever play the game. And he carried his national team to the 1986 cup, basically dolo.

Remember the 'hand of god' goal?

That was a midfield run, a sick run at that.

antheis

Veteran
the goal that came after the 'hand of god' goal was probably the best display of individual talent ever at a world cup. a run that started just inside his half and past every english player on the pitch with a clinical finish at an impossible angle.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
this is for those of you who never saw those two goals by Maradona:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY40__rBvSk

Maradona is a genius when it comes to football, the best ever until today; all he did as a football player was awesome and all he does and says related to football today is pretty much spot on, he keeps it together and humble, that's why so many people love him and are able to see beyond the mistakes he made and his silly political views.

peace

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
this is for those of you who never saw those two goals by Maradona:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY40__rBvSk

Maradona is a genius when it comes to football, the best ever until today; all he did as a football player was awesome and all he does and says related to football today is pretty much spot on, he keeps it together and humble, that's why so many people love him and are able to see beyond the mistakes he made and his silly political views.

peace
yes without comparision,,
THE GREATEST PLAYER EVER!,,
I was very fortunate to see maradonas first appearence [mentioned in earlier post] in the uk at old Wembley against England,,
he was totally mesmerizing,,,his speed when running with the ball was incredible ,,his touch sublime,,,i watched open mouthed as he "danced" around yet another England player,,,his vision like he had a third eye and a football brain often to quick for his own players lol,,,
I don't care about his politics or behaviour outside the game,,
he was a genius,,end of story,,never another like him,,,,so I feel for messi,,batistuda,,kempes,,all great players but not in maradonas class,,,,,s2:tiphat:

Loose Cannon

How many cup victories for Maradona?
How many for Pele?
How many convictions for Maradona?
How many for Pele?

On or off the pitch, Pele was better.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
You know who was the best?

The guy 'you think' is the best.

Game was played long before Maradona too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApMH14H4Cdg

This man was a legend. And the world barely knows him.

thanks for that video man, it has another part worth watching.

I used to play with this guy from Bahia, Brazil, and very often he would go on and on about Garrincha being the best.

But you know how people are, they would use the excuse of him being an alcoholic to discredit his genius on the grass rectangle, just like many do with Maradona... some people can't separate the football player from the person and his choices in his personal life.

It's like some people that think I suffer from serious xenophobia because of my enmity with Brazil and Germany when I'm talking football; some think I just hate the whole two countries and they can't understand it is merely a football thing, outside football, who cares where you are from or your country, it's all good, but football is serious shit, not like real life :D

peace!

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
How many cup victories for Maradona?
How many for Pele?
How many convictions for Maradona?
How many for Pele?

On or off the pitch, Pele was better.

I only care what happens on the pitch,,,what goes on off the pitch?,,
well even genius footballers are human "at the end of the day?
peace and 2 great semi -finals hopefully,,s2

FNN

I can say, I picked them to win!!! Brasil too!!! :biggrin:

Germany v Brasil, I'll take Brasil. Seems to me like Brasil will find a way. What a strike by Luiz today!!! Fantastic!!!!!!

I've got the Netherlands and Argentina tomorrow. Should be a good match when they meet!!!

I'm rooting for the Netherlands, but if I had to bet, my money would be on Brasil, to win it all.

Man, sry, I must say that.
Brasil have no chance. they defence cant stop Germany, its obvious. Tomas just crush them.
Silva cant help, and that +1nail.
BB Brazil?

FNN

I think possibly a Germany v argentina final, all over the news its about brazil losing naymer but I would be much more concerned about losing tiago silva,,,he was a true captain,,motiviating his players to the final whistle,,,,he will be a bigger loss to team then naymer imo,,,
Germany will attempt to frustrate the Brazilians hoping they can expose there firey temperments and taking there mind off the job in hand,,,Holland will really have to up there game aginst argentina and that's taking nothing away from costa rica who were excellent,,,,s2

you so undervalue Holland...
Persi can, Kuit can, Sneider can, Robben can...
they all vs Messi.
Argentina can surprise you, but it can be bad surprise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts