What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

the Mexican Landraces Thread

SaveTheBrains

Usually are the nicknames that locals give to the Strains.
A very good friend of mine and true landrace enthusiast took the task of exploring a large part of the territory of Guerrero state. (East part)
He was analyzing what he found in his search and came to interesting conclusions
at least he was able to identify three very different varieties from each other but we believe there's many more that can be crosses between themselves.
There is still more to explore but it has always been a very dangerous area.

"Caca de cabra" (probably Acapulco Gold) it grows into area near Acapulco city.

I don't know about the nickname of this one but mainly grow into the central -east area of Guerrero state.

"Caca de chango" this one grows mainly on the north -east part of Guerrero state
Thats the Mexican shit bro :love: looks killer

Tranquilidade

vl.jpg

polarlynx

Hola brother,

Thanks
Usually mexican Strains can grow really really tall, if you give it the good soil and start to grow it since first days of Spring
Here in México the farmers usually start to grow them quite late because with large size plants everything goes really messy
I'd love to have a year or two growing outdoors, I love to see the natural development. Growing indoors in a tiny space is challenging. I recently recovered from very bad health, so now I have more energy to put into the plants again :). I'd like to see strains like this develop fully, naturally.

This is a south Indian I grew years ago, (sold to me as Kerala in Goa). But I think you see the traits and potential for an outdoor plant.
1728461114916.jpeg

1728460344535.jpeg

1728460824679.jpeg

1728461430471.jpeg

Next year!

best vibes,
pl

Tranquilidade

I'd love to have a year or two growing outdoors, I love to see the natural development. Growing indoors in a tiny space is challenging. I recently recovered from very bad health, so now I have more energy to put into the plants again :). I'd like to see strains like this develop fully, naturally.

This is a south Indian I grew years ago, (sold to me as Kerala in Goa). But I think you see the traits and potential for an outdoor plant.
View attachment 19081032
View attachment 19081029
View attachment 19081031
View attachment 19081035
Next year!

best vibes,
pl
How is Kerala related to Mexican landrace thread?