What's new

The Gypsy Nirvana - Simple/Stupid Way - to grow good Cannabis - for £1/$1.20 -

Cuddles

* Imagine if you were a fat greasy/slimy slug - and you were trying to get some weed - then came across a crushed eggshell and garlic powder barrier - that you had to get over - to get the weed - lol
I had no idea you´re such a mean guy, lol
But what if the slug has watched all the Indiana Jones movies -??? He´ll know his way around booby traps! :biglaugh:
Better watch out for little long things wearing a hat and a long whip :sneaky:

Cuddles

I scored some Waitrose 'Wonky Carrots 🥕 ' - yesterday - only 60pence a kilo! - yeah I know - inflations terrible lately - so ya gotta shop around - try find the bargains - particularly with food being the number one essential spend that you have to make -
that is a pretty reasonable offer these days. Not sure what a wonky carrot is exactly but I´m guessing it is a little more difficult to peel. I got 2 kg on saturday and I still have to prepare and cook them :)

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Thanks Cvh - I take that as a compliment - let's see how these 2 very different varieties workout -

Yup - ehh - mustn't forget to show you all what products I'm using - to make the grow/show more thorough and interesting - 😉

2024-06-0412.20.054950162165954956880.jpg

Here we have Rajah garlic powder - no artificial colours or additives (its just dehydrated garlic powder ) - and brown eggshells from big brown eggs - from big brown free range chickens (they get to run around) - first rinsed off of all the albumen sticky eggy stuff - then dried and ceromoniouly crushed in a Bacofoil litre zipper plastic bag - for anti-slugdom defences -

* Imagine if you were a fat greasy/slimy slug - and you were trying to get some weed - then came across a crushed eggshell and garlic powder barrier - that you had to get over - to get the weed - lol
diatomaceous earth is also a good barrier for certain insects, its like walking over broken glass

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Been a little bit busy this morn'in burying my 4 fibre cups with Malawi x NL auto/fem seedlings 🌱 in them into the pots that will be their home 🏡 till September - on the balcony - then spreading a ring of dehydrated garlic powder around them with crushed egg shells - to ward off the slugs - since I found that last year the ever growing slugdom empire had made its way up here - and was munching on my plants at night 🌙 - this should deter the slimy bastids from snacking on these baby seedlings this year - and lead to better growth -

I'm using a basic and cheap multi purpose compost this year purchased from The Pound Store for £3.50 for 40 liters - and the seeds were gifted to me by my friend @dubi of Ace Seeds 😀 👍

2024-06-0410.34.288675129054332054408.jpg

2024-06-0410.35.311306829482629459816.jpg

Yes - we much prefer eggs with a tan - and dark yellow yolks - kinda 'spensive though these days -

I can't say I've heard of egg shells being used against slugs... That said I've never had any slugs in the garden before, so it never came up. I've thought about how egg shells could be used as an soil amendment.

I switched to the brown eggs too. I can't recall when it was, a year, maybe two.

Too bad you can't keep some chicken out on the patio too. I know they most likely wouldn't let you do that.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
that is a pretty reasonable offer these days. Not sure what a wonky carrot is exactly but I´m guessing it is a little more difficult to peel. I got 2 kg on saturday and I still have to prepare and cook them :)
Ahh - wonky carrots 🥕 are the less attractive carrots - so they dont get alot of fans - and so are cheaper - but they are every bit as good to eat as the more attractive carrots - but alas - they don't command the high prices of the fancier - upper class carrots - which is good for me since - they all look the same - chopped up in my saucepan - so would go for the cheaper wonky carrots every time - and save a bit of dosh -

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I can't say I've heard of egg shells being used against slugs... That said I've never had any slugs in the garden before, so it never came up. I've thought about how egg shells could be used as an soil amendment.

I switched to the brown eggs too. I can't recall when it was, a year, maybe two.

Too bad you can't keep some chicken out on the patio too. I know they most likely wouldn't let you do that.
Ya - eggshells work good against the slugs - tested it last year after they had already started munching - and they backed off - as soon as the eggshells and garlic powder were put in their way -

Can't have chickens here - not enough room - and too close to neighbours -

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Few slugs, some egg shell. I dare say the french would eat it.

A pound shop asking 3 pound 50. That's inflation, right there.

Good to see the diary open again :)
Yeah - in the old days - in a pound shop - everything cost £1 - but today - even though it's still called a pound shop - there are items in the store that cost £2 or £3 or more - doesn't make sense
- maybe they should call it 'The Inflated Pound Store?' -
🤔

Cuddles

Yeah - in the old days - in a pound shop - everything cost £1 - but today - even though it's still called a pound shop - there are items in the store that cost £2 or £3 or more - doesn't make sense
- maybe they should call it 'The Inflated Pound Store?' -
🤔
same thing happened over here in my local Euro shop. It was closed even in between the lockdowns or at least durig the first few we had. And when they reopened th prices had gone up from 1 EUR to 1.10 and others items now cost 2-3 EUR. I suppose they have to make up for the losses from the lockdown periods. I can appreciate that somehow.
But what I can´t appreciate is the immense prices at my main local supermarket at all! They have really been overdoing it big time! I reckon that they even increased their overall profits!

But what I really can´t get over is the price inflation of soil! The nearest shop is just a couple of minutes away from my flat and the choice is very limited as it´s not strictly a garden center and they don´t even have tomatoe grow soil either. That stuff, btw used to be offered everywhere for a couple of quid but not in recent years - why? no idea!

So I looked online to have it deliverd (don´t have a car, lol) and the price of soil is unbelievable when compared to how much it used to cost. It´s almost like before WW1 and after WW1 or something.. sorry, I´m rambling again

Ca++

Poundworld%2C_Bradford%2C_England_%285005069424%29.jpg

We used to have poundworld (I'm not sure why Rodney Mckay is there, he's Canadian)
Now we have poundworld plus, where everything is at least a pound
poundworld-plus-on-orpington-high-street-closing-down-sale-in-the-run-up-to-brexit-london-borough-of-bromley-uk-PJ39A8.jpg

Look at that £7 sticker in the window, and still it's closing.
Whatever will we get next
2992.jpg

And who will take on these closed businesses
sct-jw-53778-768x512-5ba39fab9e7e6.jpg

The people who probably brought us £3.50 compost

The b'stards lol

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
All 4 seedlings outside survived 2 nights of slug attacks - last night I was watching the slimy bastids trying to get to the seedlings - but oh no - the eggshells and the garlic powder worked a treat - and they were soon detered and left as fast as their glutinous bodies could carry them -
2024-06-0606.17.336808270496516270589.jpg

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran

We used to have poundworld (I'm not sure why Rodney Mckay is there, he's Canadian)
poundworld-plus-on-orpington-high-street-closing-down-sale-in-the-run-up-to-brexit-london-borough-of-bromley-uk-PJ39A8.jpg

2992.jpg

The b'stards lol
Sign of the times with inflation - the pound in your pocket is worth far less than it used to be - just a few years ago (or just last year ) - and everything seems to be MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE -

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I'm assuming the egg shells and garlic will eventually get mixed into the top of the soil and more will be added on the top.

I'm curious to how ground garlic will "play" with the soil? All these years in the hydroponic forums and grow diaries... Now I'm thinking I should have been lurking more in the organic soil grow forum more...

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran

2992.jpg

The b'stards lol

Pound land and pound world sounds like that could be the name of a brothel. lol

superx

Veteran
View attachment 19013755
Here's a shot of one of the little blighters - having a go -
The far one looks like the winner and has made his way through.
My auld fella use to put down salt (as did most people back in the day)
I recall the joy on his face come morning time when the slugs would be abletaraited, I swear he got a buzz from it.

Obviously you can't use the salt in your soil, (will dehydrate your seedling)
But you could make salt rings at the bottom of your pots to stop them crawling up the sides .
Tub of saxa is about a quid. .. (it's something else you will more than likely have at hand)

Those seedligs look fine and dandy man...

Latest posts

Latest posts