What's new

The Greatest Road Movies...

Late, Great fat guys

Late, Great fat guys

#1 Planes, trains and automobiles

Steve Martin, John Candy--Need I say more?

Just this: you will laugh your ass off and then cry at the end--garanfuckinteed.

#2 Tommyboy!

C'mon-- David Spade, Chris Farley and a classic car tragedy.

dTv

Smokey and the Bandit.
Darjeeling Limited.
Midnight Run.
Lost in America.

Everyone prolly knows about the others, but Midnight Run is fantastic. Robert De Niro is a bounty hunter hunting Charles Grodin's character, a mob accountant. Awesome.

How can this shit be 21 years old already?!

Two Lane Blacktop starring James Taylor, Dennis Wilson, Warren Oates, a bad ass 55 chevy and a 70 GTO Judge! Cool movie.

Last edited:

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
some great ones I agree with. Natural Born Killers, National Lampoons and Vanishing point. But if I were to choose only one it would be none of these. It would be.

And let's not forget Mad Max.

I would also at this point like to view my opinion about the greatest road series. The Littlest Hobo. What a dog!

Last edited:

hyposomniac

Veteran
Everyone prolly knows about the others, but Midnight Run is fantastic. Robert De Niro is a bounty hunter hunting Charles Grodin's character, a mob accountant. Awesome.

How can this shit be 21 years old already?!

Not only was it awesome, it also reminds me of some other good movies.. John Ashton (the other bounty hunter) is a funny dude, and was in a really underrated comedy called Trapped in Paradise, and Beverly Hills Cop too.
And Grodin was in a really underrated comedy too, Clifford (not a dog movie), really oddball flick.

AbbieDoobie

Dumb and Dumber
Up in Smoke
Salvador
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
The Gumball Rally
The Muppet Movie
Breakdown
Beavis and Butt-Head Do America

W

Weedman Herb

And Tommyboy is a Big Deal? I guess if we're into Opinions about Opinions (which you obviously are) ... I am of the Opinion that you need to watch CBR again ...

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
HERE ARE SOME LIST OF THE BEST ROAD MOVIES

HERE THE 70S ONES
http://www.amazon.com/Best-Road-Movies-Made-70s/lm/1GZT0JLA8QJ8Z

SOME MORE HERE:
It Happened One Night
Powwow Highway
Thelma and Louise
Easy Rider
Motorcycle Diaries
Bound for Glory
Mad Max
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle
Morocco
Singapore
Zanzibar
National Lampoon’s Vacation series: Vacation, Christmas Vacation, European Vacation
Smoke Signals
Road to Morocco
Road to Rio
Two for the Road
Moonlight Becomes You
Little Miss Sunshine
The Long, Long, Trailer
The Wild One
Honky Tonk Freeway
Two Tars
Sullivan’s Travels
It Happened One Night
The Grapes of Wrath

MORE HERE:
http://bestuff.com/category/road-movie

HOPE THIS HELP

PEACE

SomeGuy

668, Neighbor of the Beast
Dogma
A road movie with something to offend just about everyone.

No, "Through the Looking Glass". That poem, "The Walrus and the Carpenter" that's an indictment of organized religion. The walrus, with his girth and his good nature, he obviously represents either Buddha, or... or with his tusk, the Hindu elephant god, Lord Ganesha. That takes care of your Eastern religions. Now the carpenter, which is an obvious reference to Jesus Christ, who was raised a carpenter's son, he represents the Western religions. Now in the poem, what do they do... what do they do? They... They dupe all these oysters into following them and then proceed to shuck and devour the helpless creatures en masse. I don't know what that says to you, but to me it says that following these faiths based on mythological figures ensure the destruction of one's inner-being. Organized religion destroys who we are by inhibiting our actions... by inhibiting our decisions, out of... out of fear of some... some intangible parent figure who... who shakes a finger at us from thousands of years ago and says... and says, "Do it - Do it and I'll fuckin' spank you. "

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back!

What if they're creating an army of them? Holy shit. It must be a conspiracy like in the X-Files... *Roswell* style! This little monkey could be the fuckin' damn dirty ape responsible for the fall of the human race. In this world gone mad, we won't spank the monkey- the monkey will spank us. And after the fall of man, these monkey fucks'll start wearing our clothes and rebuilding the world in their image. Oh and only those as super smart as me will be left alive to bitterly cry - *you maniacs*! Damn yous! Goddamn yous all to hell!

Oh, and BTW another quote,

If you don't love Kevin Smith's movies, then you seriously need to consider pulling that stick from out of your ass.
SomeGuy

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
49th Parallel

49th Parallel

Here's a beauty of a film.

Early in the Second World War, Nazi survivors of a German U-boat sunk in Hudson Bay attempt to evade capture by travelling across Canada to the still-neutral United States.

picture.php

http://www.criterion.com/films/520

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Road Trip

"the problem with you kids today is your all brains, not enough cock and balls"

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
Cool Hand Luke

You get a real good, close look at the road....there's a lot of walking involved.

EDIT: (Rats...the pic thumbnail didn't work. back to the drawing board)
EDIT: (now it works...yaaaa)(now, it don't...wtf)

Last edited:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Two Lane Blacktop starring James Taylor, Dennis Wilson, Warren Oates, a bad ass 55 chevy and a 70 GTO Judge! Cool movie.

I agree, Two Lane Blacktop was a true road classic.......

Here's Wikiepedia's opinion:

Two-Lane Blacktop is a 1971 road movie directed by Monte Hellman, starring singer-songwriter James Taylor, Beach Boys drummer Dennis Wilson, Warren Oates, and Laurie Bird. Esquire magazine declared the film its movie of the year for 1971, and even published the entire screenplay in its April, 1971 issue, but the film was not a commercial success. The film has since become a cult classic. Brock Yates, organizer of the Cannonball Baker Sea-To-Shining-Sea Memorial Trophy Dash (better known as the Cannonball Run) cites Two-Lane Blacktop as one source of inspiration for the creation of the race, and commented on it in his Car and Driver column announcing the first Cannonball.

Two-Lane Blacktop is notable as a time capsule film of U.S. Route 66 during the pre-Interstate Highway era, and for its stark footage and minimal dialogue. As such it has become popular with fans of Route 66. Two-Lane Blacktop has been compared to similar road movies with an existentialist message from the era, such as Vanishing Point, Easy Rider, and Electra Glide in Blue.

Those last three movies are in my personal 'Classics' collection of my DVD's. Electra Glide in Blue had been released in Europe & I almost bought a European Region2 DVD player so I could finally add it too my collection. Directly after Robert Blakes acquittal it was released in the USA. You need to see Electra Glide in Blue if you haven't already.

Here's Wiki's take on it:

Blake plays a motorcycle cop named John Wintergreen who patrols the rural Arizona highways with his partner, nicknamed "Zipper" (Billy Green Bush). Wintergreen is a rookie cop who resents being in traffic enforcement and wants to be transferred to homicide investigation. Wintergreen is laid-back but upright about enforcing the law, while Zipper is alternately lazy (preferring to read comic books in the shade) and hardnosed about busting hippies, even going so far as to plant evidence on a young man during a search of his van.

Latest posts

Latest posts