What's new

The DEA to move cannabis from Schedule I to Schedule III

Captain Red Eye

Descheduling should be an option.

Descheduling as an option is a bit of an understatement. ;)

The idea that some people can put words on paper (controlled drug schedule) and claim THAT is somehow a thing that gives them a right to use offensive force against OTHER people for using a plant in ways the magical paper says is illegal, is absurd. Yet...here we are, in fucking Absurdistan prohibition land, just a hop, skip and a jump from chattel slavery, where SOMEBODY else controls your body.

Freedom of choice for the peaceful individual is the only option. There should be NO SCHEDULE. None, zero, zilch!

If I don't have the right to tell you what you can or cannot ingest, and I certainly don't, it is impossible for me to delegate that nonexistent right to control you to a body politic or a bureaucracy. Literally, impossible. It's also literally impossible for a group of people (US tax serfs) to delegate the aggregate of allllll of their zero individual right, which still amounts to zero to a body politic or a bureaucratic agency.

Don't fall for their bullshit, only YOU have any real right to decide what you ingest or not.

Anything less, has the seed of domination and control, which are elements of slavery. Fuck that.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
It's clear the huge sway US Pharma has. Same with defence, eg Boeing.

I don't know what goes on behind closed doors but i reckon its somewhat similar to mafia meetings and when ya dealing with the lives billions of people, does it really matter what happens to one or two?

How do you arrange that amount of morphine for population pain kiling without dealing with drug lords?

legalised illegality, nicely grey with a big enough pie to fit many fingers :rolleyes:
ya they are all butt buddies some of those top guys at dod held top office jobs with big pharma rumsfeld comes to mind

Discorilla

One step further, but decriminalization would be better! I say this because legalization just opens the door to a bunch of people getting involved, who shouldn't be (ie Non-Stoners owning Rec Farms). Washington was best when we just had medical!

Big pharma is going to take control now once they prove one legit medical use like nausea then it'll be more criminalized then it was before can't have home growers and street dealers handling medicine and dipping into they're pockets! As much as you think this is a great step y'all need to do some research and thinking because this will make it worse!! You can't make your own diabetes meds or antibiotics at home or import them from Mexico and sell for cheaper than Wal-Mart pharmacy what makes you think you'll be able to do it with cannabis that's now classified as being medicine. Just my thoughts on it.... Sure we will have a 5 yr free for all period until they figure out how they're gonna use and abuse the plant for money so have fun while it lasts

The wording Schedule 1 controlled and dangerous substance will no longer be applied if i go down. DOJ for all intents and purposes will not treat me the same as the criminal they would have before their very own boss said we're changing this.
Haha ya now you'll just be taking money out of big pharma pockets ... Think what happens when you get caught without a prescription for a pill or try bringing cheaper meds from Mexico to sell ... Big pharma burys problems and competition that's all I'm seeing and hearing how the rich can get control of all the money be made and if they can't they hit you with lawsuits, jail or if your a big problem you disappear. But until they approve for a med use(takes a few yrs) its free for all

Timj

First off. I'll believe it when I see it. It seems the timing always aligns with an election year. I remember Obama made a similar promise prior to his first term. After being elected he stated it was not an important issue. Secondly, can we grow our own poppies to make our own home use narcotics which will be the same exact thing for cannabis if this does pass?
Will there be a benefit. Of course. But, as mentioned only for the study of cannabis and for the complete take over by the FDA.
I'm always leery of anything the government wants to regulate.

Nannymouse

I read Schumer's bill, twice. Need to read it again. I doubt that will pass the house...it has stuff about 'possible' compensation for those that were adversely affected by the WOD. I would like to see SOMETHING about the crap that the WOD did to religious users. It's mostly just aimed at loss of $$$$, and expungements of records, as far as 'restitution' is concerned.

mudballs

Haha ya now you'll just be taking money out of big pharma pockets ... Think what happens when you get caught without a prescription for a pill or try bringing cheaper meds from Mexico to sell ... Big pharma burys problems and competition that's all I'm seeing and hearing how the rich can get control of all the money be made and if they can't they hit you with lawsuits, jail or if your a big problem you disappear. But until they approve for a med use(takes a few yrs) its free for all
I'm a capitalism advocate, i will pay the fees for permits, i will hire employees at minimum wage or compensation commensurate on experience, i will pay employee withholding, i will pay for testing needed, i will pay all of the greedy outreached hands to leave me and my team the fk alone and let us grow and sell. Where once there was zero opportunity, now exists a means to not have your life destroyed. Big pharma will liky not hurt me, just out produce me and pay off their overhead easier.

Sweatloaf

Big pharma is going to take control now once they prove one legit medical use like nausea then it'll be more criminalized then it was before can't have home growers and street dealers handling medicine and dipping into they're pockets! As much as you think this is a great step y'all need to do some research and thinking because this will make it worse!! You can't make your own diabetes meds or antibiotics at home or import them from Mexico and sell for cheaper than Wal-Mart pharmacy what makes you think you'll be able to do it with cannabis that's now classified as being medicine. Just my thoughts on it.... Sure we will have a 5 yr free for all period until they figure out how they're gonna use and abuse the plant for money so have fun while it lasts
^ This seems to be the most likely outcome. Also, in present day, the majority of the U.S., even people who don't use cannabis, favor freedom of choice.

Flash forward a generation if it stays at Sched. III for years, monopolized completely by pharm solely as medicine. The shouts and demands for freedom from those who choose to use it as they see fit for themselves will fall on deaf ears. Kids not yet in school will be taught that cannabis is a regulated medicine and nothing more and those who use it for recreation or smoke it, etc are abusing a prescription drug no differently than those people today who abuse prescription drugs.

Last edited:

Nannymouse

It just seems odd that they would go that route, or be able to 'stay' that course, @Sweatloaf . Remember, you can grow opium poppies, and tobacco. You can brew beer and make wine. 'Home growers' should have some sort of standing, with that in mind.

Religious Cannabis users have the Ayahuasca churches' tolerations to point to. The govt is not supposed to have preferential treatments, concerning freedom of religion. Although, some of the 'agreed to' rules, that the Ayahuasca folks are to follow, seem sort of 'extreme' for religious home Cannabis use.

xtsho

I don't understand the "Big Pharma is going to take over" comments. Why in the hell would companies jump into an industry where the profits are extremely slim and once billion dollar companies are basically bankrupt? One of the most recent cannabis companies to bite the dust is MedMen. Six years ago it was valued at $3 billion and today it's filed for bankruptcy. That's the state of the failing cannabis industry. The gold rush is gone. All that's left are crumbs.

Despite what some think. Nobody is going to takeover an industry full of oversupply, declining prices and profits. The drug companies don't want to be in the cannabis cultivation business and they don't care if people want to grow their own for recreational use.

This isn't going to change any state laws already in place. It will open cannabis up for medical studies and give access in recreational states to banking services so they are not dealing with large quantities of cash.

Perhaps some medical studies will isolate something specific that they can then use to produce some expensive drug that can be prescribed by a doctor. That's what Big Pharma wants. Developing a drug in pill form that they can sell. They don't give a damn about recreational users in legal states. Nothing is going to change as far as recreational growing and consumption we already have in legal states is concerned.

Things have been going in a positive direction for years. Maybe not as fast as some would like but to turn a positive into a negative is ridiculous.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I don't understand the "Big Pharma is going to take over" comments. Why in the hell would companies jump into an industry where the profits are extremely slim and once billion dollar companies are basically bankrupt? One of the most recent cannabis companies to bite the dust is MedMen. Six years ago it was valued at $3 billion and today it's filed for bankruptcy. That's the state of the failing cannabis industry. The gold rush is gone. All that's left are crumbs.

Despite what some think. Nobody is going to takeover an industry full of oversupply, declining prices and profits.
That's a good point. At least the way things stand right now.... only crumbs.

I'm a capitalism advocate, i will pay the fees for permits, i will hire employees at minimum wage or compensation commensurate on experience, i will pay employee withholding, i will pay for testing needed, i will pay all of the greedy outreached hands to leave me and my team the fk alone and let us grow and sell. Where once there was zero opportunity, now exists a means to not have your life destroyed. Big pharma will liky not hurt me, just out produce me and pay off their overhead easier.
I like to smoke actual good weed not over priced over produced hype crap ....so ya there's a chance for people like you to succeed but I'm not into supporting that exactly why I grow now because the legal big operations produce crap but to each their own. If your in it for the money then you'll be ok I'm not

Despite what some think. Nobody is going to takeover an industry full of oversupply, declining prices and profits. The drug companies don't want to be in the cannabis cultivation business and they don't care if people want to grow their own for recreational use.

This isn't going to change any state laws already in place. It will open cannabis up for medical studies and give access in recreational states to banking services so they are not dealing with large quantities of cash.

Perhaps some medical studies will isolate something specific that they can then use to produce some expensive drug that can be prescribed by a doctor. That's what Big Pharma wants. Developing a drug in pill form that they can sell. They don't give a damn about recreational users in legal states. Nothing is going to change as far as recreational growing and consumption we already have in legal states is concerned.

Things have been going in a positive direction for years. Maybe not as fast as some would like but to turn a positive into a negative is ridiculous.
No profit haha its big pharma they will grow it at such large scale and it will no longer be recreational it'll become medical with insurance paying most but also people use recreational will know become prescription drug abusers... They will grease palms to benefit them and they will make huge profit like they do on all medicine... Anyways this will be yrs from now won't happen over night but will absolutely happen

mudballs

I like to smoke actual good weed not over priced over produced hype crap ....so ya there's a chance for people like you to succeed but I'm not into supporting that exactly why I grow now because the legal big operations produce crap but to each their own. If your in it for the money then you'll be ok I'm not
I wish to earn a living growing, you go ahead label me and my product bunk corporate mids, be my guest...

I wish to earn a living growing, you go ahead label me and my product bunk corporate mids, be my guest...
I'm not hating on you I'm hating the government and the rich getting richer at the expense of natural plant and no offense if your operation is big enough to compete with Bayer Johnson and Johnson,etc, than ya your producing lows there's no way around that but its not against you personally bud. You'll live me and alot of others dream of growing that much and making a living but its still don't make it right or good for us or the plant in the end

i got caught at newark liberty with 80+ lbs schedule one, 500,000 bail, then seven weeks later walked with municipal fines

dreams can come true, if you're white and canadian eh!?
White haha ignorant eh .... I'm white and tried to go legal had the mill for applications and licensing in NY born and raised here I got told by the clerk to save my time and money because they were only giving licenses to minorities and African Americans... Saved my money and watched a group of friends get turned down and waste a ton of money because of race haha and they own one of the first and biggest vape companies around .

mudballs

I'm not hating on you I'm hating the government and the rich getting richer at the expense of natural plant and no offense if your operation is big enough to compete with Bayer Johnson and Johnson,etc, than ya your producing lows there's no way around that but its not against you personally bud. You'll live me and alot of others dream of growing that much and making a living but its still don't make it right or good for us or the plant in the end
...doesn't make it right or good for you or the plant...if I'm allowed to exercise my craft? How is my blackmarket grow better for the plant and everyone than if i support a group of buyers and sellers and helpers? Pray tell this alternative lifestyle i must live to be in compliance with your wishes