What's new

The Compound...

swapmeet

Point a circulation fan on each opposite side of the donut down at the area I`m callin the "passive air intake" between the rollers/casters and however tall enough to allow good airflow into the bottoms and up thru the lil plants , and that allows the muffin fan in the middle to help pull in the outside air and push it straight up creating a column of air recirculating 24/7 to control heatgain as much as possible.....then.....

To attach reflectix to the racks just wrap some short strips of ducktape around the front and back then use a regular paper "hole punch" and punch holes where needed to stick cable ties/tie wraps to up down and all around and reflectix panel done with no possible ripping..... and before I forget about it.....Getchas some Drip Clean from H&G and add 1ml per gal EVERY feed but do it from start of grow never in the middle.....

It locks onto excess nutrients and prevents residual salt buildup in the medium , and the best part is there`s all but no need for runoff with coco anymore with Drip Clean in the feed regimen compared to me dumpin 100`s of gallons of runoff for yrs and yrs...…

I never knew what Botanicare Cal/Mag Plus was till I went balls out coco , and then I found out real quick about coco`s CEC/cation exchange capacity with Chem D deficient left and right , so I got some and it saved the day.....keep it on hand......

GH has I think the name is Cali-magic that`s completely different from Botanicare in that CalMag plus is Calcium Nitrate based , while GH`s stuff is Calcium Carbonate based that can be used up into flower if needed …..never used Cali-magic so don`t quote me on how far into bloomage it can be used , but no extra nitrates are ever needed after end of stretch IME , and that`s all I know.....aight....

Headed to the lake with # 1 son to play with the new fishin drone.....finds the fish , drops the bait right on top of the schools , hit return and it comes back to the boat and lands all the while you hang on and fill the coolers and livewells with supper.....Holler and......

Take care.....DHF.....:ying: …….

Hey Freds,
Thank you for the suggestion...I will do it. As per your advice I've been using cal mag 1ml/l and protekt for silica...I also have the drip clean...I am seeing some light green new growth....which might be lights too close at 10-11". Do you think I should back them up, or just let them get used to it? I calibrate my ph pen before every use now..

DunHav`nFun

Ok.....Looks like you`re still getting burnt tip syndrome on new growth that appears to need feed increase looking nitrogen deficient but let`s back up …..Burnt tips come from the plants eating more than they need....in laymens terms that is.....IOW.....something's causin excess nutrient absorption , plant metabolism as in maybe too much light increasing metabolism excess heat trying to dry the plants out and they pull excess juice from the medium to stay alive , and or a combination of all the above....that said...…

I can`t say enough about automated timed fed setups with coco that deliver once dialed , precise amounts of juice that the plants can use but not over use or need if all environmental factors are maintained , all the while replacing O2 to the roots while flushing out unused nutes not needed during previous feed sequence.....now.....

Are you sure your containers full of medium have proper cal/mag and potassium storage , cuz maybe that could be why you`re showing new growth that`s yellowish and nitrogen deficient looking per se as in the medium grabbing hold of feed juice before releasing it back to the plants ?.....IOW.....drying out sequences between feed increases EC/PPMs in coco once the plants get bigger Bro......just the nature of the beast....all in all.....You`ll be fine and remember first rule of coco.....when in doubt , flush it out with 1/2 strength nutrient solution then start over......Sorry youre having so many issues with that local medium......maybe that could be part of the issue as well ?......Dunno…..just keep strokin…..

Peace.....DHF.....:ying: ……..

swapmeet

Ok.....Looks like you`re still getting burnt tip syndrome on new growth that appears to need feed increase looking nitrogen deficient but let`s back up …..Burnt tips come from the plants eating more than they need....in laymens terms that is.....IOW.....something's causin excess nutrient absorption , plant metabolism as in maybe too much light increasing metabolism excess heat trying to dry the plants out and they pull excess juice from the medium to stay alive , and or a combination of all the above....that said...…

I can`t say enough about automated timed fed setups with coco that deliver once dialed , precise amounts of juice that the plants can use but not over use or need if all environmental factors are maintained , all the while replacing O2 to the roots while flushing out unused nutes not needed during previous feed sequence.....now.....

Are you sure your containers full of medium have proper cal/mag and potassium storage , cuz maybe that could be why you`re showing new growth that`s yellowish and nitrogen deficient looking per se as in the medium grabbing hold of feed juice before releasing it back to the plants ?.....IOW.....drying out sequences between feed increases EC/PPMs in coco once the plants get bigger Bro......just the nature of the beast....all in all.....You`ll be fine and remember first rule of coco.....when in doubt , flush it out with 1/2 strength nutrient solution then start over......Sorry youre having so many issues with that local medium......maybe that could be part of the issue as well ?......Dunno…..just keep strokin…..

Peace.....DHF.....:ying: ……..

It could be drying out a little much, though the tops are staying pretty dark, that is not where the roots are. It is pretty hot here.... I had been watering the younger ones EOD, and yesterday was their first daily watering.perhaps I'll start getting into multiple feedings per day on the larger plants... Or maybe up the ppm of the nutes...

swapmeet

I upped the ppm to around 700 and increased to two feedings per day, and everything is looking better...

DunHav`nFun

Hey Bro.....Coco can be a fickle bitch while you dial it`s ass in , so just hang in there and know it gets better with time.....but.....to really get the shit to shine and yield accordingly , it takes automated fed timed sequences with the exact amount of juice during each said feed sequence...….that said.....All things in time as budget permits , and my ppms rarely hadta exceed 750 ppms to keep em green and healthy, so just don`t let the lil shit bug yas , and shit will be blastin off before yas know it......and almost forgot.....

BWS......My fishin drone was a display model from the marina I fuel my boat at , and has all the bells and whistles from when it was brand new a few yrs back.....It holds bait as well as it`ll even drop pellets to chum the damn waters.....I`ve only sent smallie crabs and big ass shad minnows at the lake , but it `ll hold a couple lbs I guess, just didn`t get any specs on the bait holding thingy.....anyways....
It`s a Swellpro and all decked out with top of the line camera plus baitholder , battery charger and 4 batteries they had it @ like 3 grand retail....Has a case and all cute when put away , and when they were putting up the new and improved version and taking this 1 down , I just happened to be filling my boat.....well.....

I`ve known the owner since I built down there in the late 80`s , and have burned 1 or 2 with him over the yrs at different BBQ small gatherings around these parts , so when I saw he wasn`t there , I left my number with his son to have him call me and see if we could make a deal cuz I know he didn't want it sittin on a shelf in the warehouse , and I went fishin…
No sooner had I got settled and slinging a rod I got a text , so I told him to bring the shit by the house and show me howta use it and I`d make him an offer..... Couple days later he shows up right when I`m lightin the grill to do shrimp wrapped in bacon , redfish and speckled trout filets.....asked him if he had plans , and he said he`d haveta be a fool ta turn down what was on the menu , not to mention the GF`s jalapeno hushpuppies and Cajun cole slaw , so it was on.....

Went down to the beach after a few beers and he set that drone unit up and showed me everything there was to know in about 10 minutes and I was flying that thing out past the 3rd sand bar and seein all kinds of BIG fish.....in the late afternoon btw.....batteries don`t last long enough was my only bitch but he said he had extras , so we walked back up and I lit the grill and went to the freezer for the buds to seal the deal...…wasn`t sure until he had made mention down at the beach the last time we`d seen each other he`d got plowed off my headstash , so I knew I had him....

Guy`s a gozillionaire and I knew he didn`t need the cash , so after a killer meal and my hot lil 37 yr ol lady bendin over for him while feedin our old ass , I hit him with what he wanted bottomline cash right now and he said he`d rather have those buds but he was sure I didn't have enough ta cover all that , so I said cover what ….
Now the sales pitch comes out after all that beer , buds and feedin his fat ass , so I stopped him politely and said Hey Bro.....that piece of shit has sat on your shelf since you got it 2 yrs ago and nobody bought it cuz it`s 3 grand....and now you got the upgraded version for 5 grand that nobody is gonna buy again so somethin tells me the manufacturer must greatly discount display units to help advertisement and you aint got shit in these things.....

He grinned and said make me an offer.....and I did..... Walked him downstairs and unlocked my freezer and let him open it and view the goods....All 1/2 gal mason jars full of Darlins Net and Gorilla Bubble BX 2/Dansbuds thanx 2u , and he asked how much this shit costs on the street and I told him he really didn't wanna know and he grinned again....
Asked how much was in each jug and I said no 2 weigh the same but they were close to 3- 4 ea cuz I don`t sell and he said give me 2 jugs and we`re cool.....

Sorry to write a book but I`m stoked about my new toy......already paid for itself with all the fish we`ve caught with it.....Swap.....Get ta work.....Here ta help.....

Peace....DHF..... :ying: …..

swapmeet

Hey Bro.....Coco can be a fickle bitch while you dial it`s ass in , so just hang in there and know it gets better with time.....but.....to really get the shit to shine and yield accordingly , it takes automated fed timed sequences with the exact amount of juice during each said feed sequence...….that said.....All things in time as budget permits , and my ppms rarely hadta exceed 750 ppms to keep em green and healthy, so just don`t let the lil shit bug yas , and shit will be blastin off before yas know it......and almost forgot...

yeah, I think I am starting to get the hang of it. I just crossed the 750ppm threshold today... 770ppm.

We are just passed the first 2 weeks since I flipped them... Everyone is spitting pistils now that the crew got cut down to 9 plants, thanks to 3 males... out of a possible 5.....bad luck lol... Here are some pictures after two weeks of 12/12.

swapmeet

BWS......My fishin drone was a display model from the marina I fuel my boat at , and has all the bells and whistles from when it was brand new a few yrs back.....It holds bait as well as it`ll even drop pellets to chum the damn waters.....I`ve only sent smallie crabs and big ass shad minnows at the lake , but it `ll hold a couple lbs I guess, just didn`t get any specs on the bait holding thingy.....anyways....
It`s a Swellpro and all decked out with top of the line camera plus baitholder , battery charger and 4 batteries they had it @ like 3 grand retail....Has a case and all cute when put away , and when they were putting up the new and improved version and taking this 1 down , I just happened to be filling my boat.....well.....

I`ve known the owner since I built down there in the late 80`s , and have burned 1 or 2 with him over the yrs at different BBQ small gatherings around these parts , so when I saw he wasn`t there , I left my number with his son to have him call me and see if we could make a deal cuz I know he didn't want it sittin on a shelf in the warehouse , and I went fishin…
No sooner had I got settled and slinging a rod I got a text , so I told him to bring the shit by the house and show me howta use it and I`d make him an offer..... Couple days later he shows up right when I`m lightin the grill to do shrimp wrapped in bacon , redfish and speckled trout filets.....asked him if he had plans , and he said he`d haveta be a fool ta turn down what was on the menu , not to mention the GF`s jalapeno hushpuppies and Cajun cole slaw , so it was on.....

Went down to the beach after a few beers and he set that drone unit up and showed me everything there was to know in about 10 minutes and I was flying that thing out past the 3rd sand bar and seein all kinds of BIG fish.....in the late afternoon btw.....batteries don`t last long enough was my only bitch but he said he had extras , so we walked back up and I lit the grill and went to the freezer for the buds to seal the deal...…wasn`t sure until he had made mention down at the beach the last time we`d seen each other he`d got plowed off my headstash , so I knew I had him....

Guy`s a gozillionaire and I knew he didn`t need the cash , so after a killer meal and my hot lil 37 yr ol lady bendin over for him while feedin our old ass , I hit him with what he wanted bottomline cash right now and he said he`d rather have those buds but he was sure I didn't have enough ta cover all that , so I said cover what ….
Now the sales pitch comes out after all that beer , buds and feedin his fat ass , so I stopped him politely and said Hey Bro.....that piece of shit has sat on your shelf since you got it 2 yrs ago and nobody bought it cuz it`s 3 grand....and now you got the upgraded version for 5 grand that nobody is gonna buy again so somethin tells me the manufacturer must greatly discount display units to help advertisement and you aint got shit in these things.....

He grinned and said make me an offer.....and I did..... Walked him downstairs and unlocked my freezer and let him open it and view the goods....All 1/2 gal mason jars full of Darlins Net and Gorilla Bubble BX 2/Dansbuds thanx 2u , and he asked how much this shit costs on the street and I told him he really didn't wanna know and he grinned again....
Asked how much was in each jug and I said no 2 weigh the same but they were close to 3- 4 ea cuz I don`t sell and he said give me 2 jugs and we`re cool.....

Sorry to write a book but I`m stoked about my new toy......already paid for itself with all the fish we`ve caught with it.....Swap.....Get ta work.....Here ta help.....

Peace....DHF..... :ying: …..

That is awesome that the drone is working... in salt and fresh water? What, you chum an area, then cast in it?

You ought to make your way out to paradise sometime when the blue fin/blue marlin are running.... catch you a Voltzwagon...

DunHav`nFun

Gone fishin with # 1 son Swap.....made a long post yesterday and today and removed em , so not gonna fall back into my old ways.....Good luck and I`m around in pm.....

Peace.....DHF......

BYF

Not a single moment spent on you DHF, much to your dismay.

Why are you mentioning someone who completely turned around their level of success when they changed whose advice they listened to?

Bobblehead doesn't even grow anymore! Dude is a nurse now!

I am glad you did mention him then maybe people who listen to you can search his threads and see the difference in his grow once he stopped listening to you. LOL...

First and only response to you.

swapmeet

Not a single moment spent on you DHF, much to your dismay.

Why are you mentioning someone who completely turned around their level of success when they changed whose advice they listened to?

Bobblehead doesn't even grow anymore! Dude is a nurse now!

I am glad you did mention him then maybe people who listen to you can search his threads and see the difference in his grow once he stopped listening to you. LOL...

First and only response to you.

I followed that whole saga as it unfolded. Bobble was a good grower, with good results before, during, and after his attempt at the racks... And had he continued to dial them, he likely would have increased his yield. As for the outside of the growing part... you can leave that shit out of my fucking thread and I will continue to take the advice that seems right to me. I've been reading and periodically interacting with Freds and other people since the old og days in the late 90's. My mind is already made up about who knows what from the old days, and Freds is very high on that list with me. I listen to all advice, then work some of it into the system I have in my head, just like bobble did.

Some people have great advice that simply will not fit into the system for me... Sometimes I can take a piece of advice and implant the principle into my design, even if I cannot fit the advice directly into my system. When I do that, it is no longer taking the advice. It is using the advice to inspire me to make a change in my system and see if it works. If the change doesn't work, it is not the person's fault who inspired the change of thought or practice, but the person's who made the change.

I respect you Bobble, which I assume is what the B in your name represents. You are a great grower, and I appreciate your scientific mind and willingness to experiment. I learned a lot from about 3 of your threads, of which I read every word. As far as I'm concerned, reading your beds, pods, racks....etc. is a major inspiration in this grow. It was my friend Bonez's advice and his grow, Aero's donut grow, and your threads that inspired this grow. There are consistent things in all of your grows.

All three of you are successful growers before and since those threads in here which were all years ago by now. Each grow had very strong parts to it and successes. Each grow also had Freds in it giving solid advice.

I do not personally know Freds that well, but I have been reading and learning from/with him for years. People whom I respect greatly in and out of the game, respect him greatly, therefore I do too. Heath Nasty respects him and his growing and advice... Publicly. My inner circle of grow bros and experimenters know and respect Freds. That's enough for me.

As for this grow.... There have been more problems and delays with this grow than my last 5 combined. I blame myself for causing them. I blame the change in environment, climate, grow medium, and grow style, and myself not seeing it and making changes fast enough. I also blame getting sick, but I certainly don't blame you for your part in inspiring the grow.....or Aero for his, and Bonezer for his.... and definitely not the person who is trying to help me figure it all out...

This thread is a place of learning, and I appreciate all who have spoken in this thread...even you. Talk of current or former members, personal insults, or any of that stuff is irrelevant here and belongs elsewhere.

It is hard completely changing your complete grow style and everything. It is even harder to stop or change things that have worked in the past, because it will have a different effect in the new setup/medium. So thank you, everyone for the conversation so far, and I would like to continue now. The bottom line is this, BYF, if you have to leave the conversation or Freds has to leave, then it is you. And that goes for anyone else as well. You are free to stay and contribute, but I'd appreciate if your contribution had a positive affect on my current project or is at least positive in nature.

Last edited:

BYF

Are you bent mate? All I did was offer you some positive reinforcement and your man DHF jumped my shit in public on your thread instead of sending me a PM so I replied to him in kind.

Keep up the struggle !

DunHav`nFun

Well Swap...…that `s not Bobble`s , but rather the MANY times banned here , BackYardFarmer/BYF.....and although he says he`s not thought twice about my old ass , the ONLY 2 threads I`ve made posts in more than once in a loooooong time , here he comes in both with his intro to let me know he`s baaaaaaack……

I`m livin rent free tween your ears Dusty , and that`s priceless cuz I KNOW you`re Daddy`s boy livin and workin on Daddy`s farm in Potsnob-ville with your pre-packaged 1/8`ths for the dispensaries so you can SOUND like you da man , but we ALL know who bankrolls your existence…..now....

BYF `s the 1 that turned Bobble`s head and called me a fraud Swap , then convinced him to join the organic water only hype goin on at the time , and sadly the no-till flat grows Bobbles went to never amounted to much either , but I digress....and ....

The ONLY way Dusty even SAW my posts that were deleted since they were sent around 3 am HIS time was to BE on point with the thread tagged to make sure he didn`t MISS what I`d say once I saw he was here.....so....again....rent free Dusty.....To BE the man you gotta get rid of the REAL man first....I NEVER worked for my daddy.....

Gone fishin again Swap....Retired livin fat and healthy , somethin Dusty wants reaaaaaal bad , but he`s just a glorified helper hugging Daddy`s ginguni`s…..He`s been BANNED here more times than I can count under MULTIPLE nicks/handles and he went straight to Instagram from here the last time and evidently he`s not gettin enough nutthuggin there , so He`s started a thread here to condescend and talk down to the kiddies and develop a "new" fanbase.....Me....?....

I`m perfectly fine being retired since I got mine in an ILLEGAL state and not 1 where you can grow the shit out in your front yard and take panoramic pics of it , but they do grow biguns in NORCAL cuz it`s LEGAL , and I almost forgot....all that Organic water only horseshit Daddy`s boy preached for all those yrs that was the way , the truth , and the light praise Jesus ?.....

He`s runnin Coco DTW now.....with SALTS God forbid....LMFAO.....Boss man must`ve blown that organic shit outta the water since the only organics you allude to now are your so-called "headstash" mother plants you cheated with to get as big a plant as possible this season.....Here`s hopin they bud out early without supplemental lighting and haveta re-veg before finally getting done ….and absolutely...…. may you live in interesting times BYF......

No more from me.....Ain`t thought about you in yrs Dusty.....yet here you are again.....Try not to hate so much....you`ll live longer …...Swap.....I`m around ….and Dusty....Respond to you in PM ?.....Really ?.....First off you don`t have 50 posts yet to even RECEIVE PM`s.....Not that I`d care since I never said anything not factual here that needed to go to PM....Truth is the truth....so shall it set you free junior....

Peace....DHF.....:ying: …..

BYF

It's sad that you don't understand relativity

Long term continuous use, soil, organic, in the ground or large bed...

Short term use , Inert substrate with ionic nutrition

LoL PM Box open if you care to take it further.

swapmeet

Hahaha I don't care who he is... I actually don't mind a little action in here either... I just don't need outsiders coming in here and attacking my people... Especially by bringing up old, irrelevant shit....

BYF

Hahaha I don't care who he is... I actually don't mind a little action in here either... I just don't need outsiders coming in here and attacking my people... Especially by bringing up old, irrelevant shit....

Hi Swap.

I suggest you read my few posts again and REREAD DHF’s posts.

I never once mentioned him, he “attacked” (can you even do that on the internet?) me, and brought up members who haven’t logged in to this site in a year (I checked)

So if you’re looking to miss out on all of the stuff you mentioned in your post please direct the instruction to “your people”

Hope that your space gets dialed in as you need it !

I regretfully stumbled on this thread by browsing the “newest posts” on the forum.

:tiphat:

swapmeet

Hi Swap.

I suggest you read my few posts again and REREAD DHF’s posts.

I never once mentioned him, he “attacked” (can you even do that on the internet?) me, and brought up members who haven’t logged in to this site in a year (I checked)

So if you’re looking to miss out on all of the stuff you mentioned in your post please direct the instruction to “your people”

Hope that your space gets dialed in as you need it !

I regretfully stumbled on this thread by browsing the “newest posts” on the forum.

:tiphat:

That's okay, thank you for your insight....take care.

swapmeet

I evened up the canopy today with risers where needed... so the light is utilized to its fullest...

The stretch period is coming to an end here as we get to the end of week 3 of 12/12 flip. So I will slowly begin to remove fan leaves for ultimate penetration... I will also be bringing in my rolling light reflectors to add every possible nug-building lumen to bud production.

Latest posts

Latest posts