What's new

the colours of winter ..

G

guest123

heres a few flowers showing off their colours in the winter cold ...
7blueywebbx-med.JPG

7blue_webb_x-med.JPG

dextrious

Yummy!

Yummy!

Those are some 5 star buds man! i am so jealous! wish we could grow year round around here! I got some 5ft tall purple power plants outdoors atm still in vegging. Right now the rain is perfect and getting plenty of sunlight. How often do you usually fertilize and what kind do you use during flowering? i have some 19-24-24 its schultz Expert Rose food i am thinking about useing. I have been useing 5-1-1 fish emulsion but am told phosphorus is a must for flowering. Any pointers to increase my yeild?

Thanks,
Dex

G

guest123

yes , i use mostly chicken shit , both dried and pelletised with added blood and bone and kelp ... things like bone meal and ground burnt bone have heaps of phosphoric acid in them .. i like a product called liquid potash , has heaps of p and k and a nice dose of n aswell .... it will help your plants absorb the heap of nitrogen you provide aswell ....

dextrious

thanks mate, I will look into these. I have been giveing them ferts about once a week is this enough? I know when they are getting close to being ready its not good to fert them. I just don't want to over fert they are planted in the ground so i can't flush them.
Thanks for your help,
Dex

G

guest123

you will be safe if you use organic ferts , i normally pop enough in the soil prior to planting to keep it through the season , but am also constantly adding more to the top and mulching over it , ive noticed that this makes the plants do a lot of surface rooting and produces more buds and branches , the mound of mulch under the plant is always full of roots ... once a week wont overdo it , and as they flower i switch to using the liquid potash , to give less nitrogen and more phosphorus and potassiam , seems to work ok for me ... hope that helps you some ...

dextrious

Thanks for the info, I have some bone meal i'm going to mix into the soil and will try the mulching. I now need to figure out how to keep those damn slugs off my plants! ah they are bad.
Peace,
Dex

G

guest123

ahh you can use diamatatios earth for that , it cuts them to the quick .... give them a nasty surface to crawl over itll stop them .. they also have trouble going over sawdust .... i like the odd beer from time to time and its good for cathing slugs and snails too , apparently they like a beer too ....

dextrious

beer, got bar full of it! got some saw dust too. I'm going to get right on that they eat my leaves pretty fast. Its funny they don't touch any of the other plants around them just my babys. All slugs must die!

Latest posts

Latest posts