What's new

The Angler thread 🎣

Randomuser 838462

After an unsuccessful search, I have now decided to open a fishing section here.
I come from Germany and go preferably on zander, catfish and all other predatory fish.
Then I'll start with my last catches.
DSC01059 - Kopie.JPG
DSC01079 - Kopie.JPG

I also like to eat fish very much but do not take every fish.
Maximum two fish per trip and also very often none even if I catch some.

Pulls out what and tight line.

Greetz
derAngler

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Beautiful fish!!

I'm curious if trout in Germany are the same as trout in the mountains of Colorado, at least as far as their habits.

We use a black or brown ant looking fly any time of year there is open water. 2 meters of line between the fly and a bobber. We throw the line out past spots where the trout sit near the bottom (often no need for a pole lol), then slowly drag it across them. Usually catch about 3 fish in 15 minutes or less.

Randomuser 838462

Schöner Fisch!!

Ich bin gespannt, ob Forellen in Deutschland den Forellen in den Bergen von Colorado zumindest was ihre Gewohnheiten angeht gleicht.

Wir verwenden eine schwarze oder braune Fliege, die wie eine Ameise aussieht, zu jeder Jahreszeit, wenn es offenes Wasser gibt. 2 Meter Schnur zwischen der Fliege und einem Bobber. Wir werfen die Schnur an Stellen vorbei, an denen die Forellen in der Nähe des Grundes sitzen (oft ist keine Stange erforderlich, lol), und ziehen sie dann langsam darüber. Fangen Sie normalerweise etwa 3 Fische in 15 Minuten oder weniger.
I don't fish for trout because they don't exist here in the rivers in my area.
There are some fish here, but you have to know how to catch them.
Sometimes you catch a lot of fish, but summer is not so easy, then I catch catfish.

Here is a slightly older picture of one of my biggest catfish so far
RSCN0365 - Kopie.JPG

2 meteres plus 😁

Randomuser 838462

both walleye and their cousins the sauger have impressive teeth. the world record walleye was caught in Old Hickory Lake here in Tennessee many moons ago. around 25 pounds i think. here's a pic of a good one... View attachment 18795007
Then I have confused that have teeth and are similar in size to our zander.
Impressive walleye, congratulations. 👍

My largest was almost 3 feet and an estimated 17 pounds.
DSCN0025 - Kopie.JPG

That was him but he swims again.

I also like zander breaded and nicely fried in butter.😍

Randomuser 838462

i wasn't aware until yesterday, but there is a population of zander in a couple of lakes here in the us. Spiritwood & Alkali Lakes in North Dakota both have them with Spiritwood having the US record of 15 lb 15 oz., or around 7 kilo.
Really, then catch one and report back if they taste like walleye too.
I would be interested. :)
you released it? great! but, i'd have problems (mentally) releasing a walleye that big. my freezer has these gaps open on the shelves, you know... :shucks:
Yes, I released it again because such large fish make for good offspring.
I only take fish from 21 inches - 25 inches.
These are the best fish to eat I think.
Bigger or smaller is released.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Really, then catch one and report back if they taste like walleye too.
I would be interested. :)

Yes, I released it again because such large fish make for good offspring.
I only take fish from 21 inches - 25 inches.
These are the best fish to eat I think.
Bigger or smaller is released.
they do slot limits like you follow on bass in many waters here. keep a few little ones, and one big one, but none of the more prolific spawner size fish. game and fish folks here tell us that largemouth and smallmouth bass between 14 and 18 inches in length are the most successful spawners. this varies from lake to lake to a degree. the Dakotas are a bit much of a drive for me to fish, lol. maybe try someday do a combo trip "cast & blast" for zander, yellow perch, quail, pheasants, Hungarian partridge etc. maybe mule deer too...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Sauger and Walleye can hybridize to give you Saugeye
they stocked them in Cherokee Lake near here. they showed faster growth rates compared to their parents (hybrid vigor) with top end size beyond average saugers, and much more aggressive than either parent. have not seen anything about them in news in some time though. :dunno:

Dime

they stocked them in Cherokee Lake near here. they showed faster growth rates compared to their parents (hybrid vigor) with top end size beyond average saugers, and much more aggressive than either parent. have not seen anything about them in news in some time though. :dunno:
I think they have 2 dorsals and a walleye has one. I've only seen media never a live one. Not sure if saugeen has one or two?

Latest posts

Latest posts