What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

THC-acid, THCV and THCV-acid

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
All information in forums is suspect. It's a great way to generally discuss a subject and get other viewpoints even if those other views are purely based on an empirical and/or non-scientific foundation. I have noticed the disparity of knowledge between the everyday poster here and someone in the general population with a scientifically focused education. It's obvious and prevalent enough that I find myself acting like an expert even though I am not. It's easy to overstep your expertise when a question is openly asked to all. You are going to get a range of expertise and credibility with your answers. It's up to you to mine them for something useful, but if your intention is to acquire verified peer-reviewed data then you've come to the wrong place. A forum is more of a tool for discussion than a trove of solid data. It really hinders the progression of knowledge and exploration when anyone regardless of their expertise belittles another member for their perceived lack of knowledge. Get off your high-horse before the impending rush of real experts that have been self selectively barred from this industry knock you off.
That's certainly worthy of quoting!
:tiphat:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
All information in forums is suspect. It's a great way to generally discuss a subject and get other viewpoints even if those other views are purely based on an empirical and/or non-scientific foundation. I have noticed the disparity of knowledge between the everyday poster here and someone in the general population with a scientifically focused education. It's obvious and prevalent enough that I find myself acting like an expert even though I am not. It's easy to overstep your expertise when a question is openly asked to all. You are going to get a range of expertise and credibility with your answers. It's up to you to mine them for something useful, but if your intention is to acquire verified peer-reviewed data then you've come to the wrong place. A forum is more of a tool for discussion than a trove of solid data. It really hinders the progression of knowledge and exploration when anyone regardless of their expertise belittles another member for their perceived lack of knowledge. Get off your high-horse before the impending rush of real experts that have been self selectively barred from this industry knock you off.

As I think you are referring to me I will respond, It also hinders the progress when people say things like,
"Over the years iv learnt, what I would say, is a fair bit about cannabis chemistry and botany"
That was just plain not true, even he has admitted it now.
I did smack it down, and also explained what was what, I will wait for your real experts that have barred themselves, until then maybe you can stop looking down at me from up on your high horse? I love people that criticize people for criticizing people, and do not even realize they are doing it also. I would be happy to have more experts, I am always willing to learn, and exchange ideas, theories, I enjoy it. And when someone says, "I do not know shit but I want to learn" I try and help them if I can. Just be honest in your ability and in your helping others, is what I think is important.
I agree that all personal opinion info on forums is suspect, ok so now what? I also disagree that there is no peer reviewed science data in this forum, I post references to them almost every day, so do others, maybe you need to just read them? If you can't find them I can PM you a link to them, just ask me.
If it was not me you were referring to, then I will shut my mouth....
-SamS

Last edited:

Daub Marley

I will wait for your real experts that have barred themselves, until then maybe you can stop looking down at me from up on your high horse? I love people that criticize people for criticizing people, and do not even realize they are doing it also.
No I know I'm calling you out. You were a dick to that new member. I don't know how or why you got to be a mod.
I would be happy to have more experts, I am always willing to learn, and exchange ideas, theories, I enjoy it. And when someone says, "I do not know shit but I want to learn" I try and help them if I can. Just be honest in your ability and in your helping others, is what I think is important./quote] I am not going to disagree with you. I do believe that you like to learn and discuss I just think you didn't present yourself and this site well in this case.
I agree that all personal opinion info on forums is suspect, ok so now what? I also disagree that there is no peer reviewed science data in this forum, I post references to them almost every day, so do others, maybe you need to just read them? If you can't find them I can PM you a link to them, just ask me.
If it was not me you were referring to, then I will shut my mouth....
-SamS
The point is that you don't come here for peer reviewed science you go to google. You come here to discuss, and through those discussions you further your knowledge. No matter how insightful a person is a bad attitude ruins that for everyone. If I get a bad attitude and I am actively hurting discussions call me out.

waveguide

Veteran
fuck it's not like he said he was going to cut his arms off

again and again, if sam does anythnig that can be criticised, some folks are all over his nuts.

obvious detractors are obvious, trying to turn every thread into a dog pile.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
The point is that you don't come here for peer reviewed science you go to google. You come here to discuss, and through those discussions you further your knowledge. No matter how insightful a person is a bad attitude ruins that for everyone. If I get a bad attitude and I am actively hurting discussions call me out.

I am PM'ed all the time with thanks for posting or referencing a particular peer reviewed science article, they for what ever reason had not seen or found via google or other ways. I think you mean that you do not come here for peer reviewed science, ok, fine. I will continue to post any science articles I find interesting or I think others might. You can use google and ignore my posts. If I can ignore posts I don't like, maybe you can do the same? It is your choice.
Who will be calling people out for making misstatements like the fellow coneconington that started the discussion? That is actively hurting discussions in my mind, he was cool and admitted it, so no problem with him, at least with me. I think honesty is important for real discussions, but we all have our own ideas of what is more important.
Yes I could of been all nice but I do not suffer foolish statements silently, I guess I could if I tried.
-SamS

Last edited:

Daub Marley

Fair enough. I made my point. I'm going to butt out because now I'm derailing. I like the links though Sam. I certainly don't want you to stop posting them.