What's new

Thai x Panama

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Veteran
Sorry for the bad pic but it was preharvest without the lights running.
My thaipan was cut with 103d 11/13. don't remember exactly when but the lights were reduced to 10,5/13.5 roughly half way through.

20240510_190405.jpg

In the background is super malawi haze

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Showing quite a lot of Thai traits in flowering with such a foxtailed flower structure @ilovegrowing.

I insist on the nitrogen toxicity; it hinders proper reflowering in these tropicals and causes premature ripening. Excessive nitrogen in flowering also decreases the THC potential of the plant, storing it in excess and resulting in harsh smoke later. I would recommend flushing with the correct pH and letting the plant absorb its own nutrients before feeding strongly again.

ilovegrowing

Yeah, you are totally right. Soil is too hot for most of my mostly or pure sativa plants.
Im just feeding water to my living soil mix since the start. I will try your tip with the flushing and will mix the next soil with only half the nutes, and rather topdress if its necessary. I already had way better results in structure and budmass with the same plant. So yes, too much nitrogen aint good for what i want to achieve. Thx 🙏

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nice to see you growing the new Thai x Panama regular version released this year, thanks @Cannabrainer :)
How is it doing ? Was a female or male ?

heheheh it's going to be an interesting comparison between our Thai x Panama (fem or reg version?) and your own Panama x Thai using same strains in opposite position :tiphat:

@flaw.less.finish those jars must be calling you like mermaids heheh please get back to us with a smoke report when you feel is the right moment ✊

Cannabrainer

Nice to see you growing the new Thai x Panama regular version released this year, thanks @Cannabrainer :)
How is it doing ? Was a female or male ?

heheheh it's going to be an interesting comparison between our Thai x Panama (fem or reg version?) and your own Panama x Thai using same strains in opposite position :tiphat:

@flaw.less.finish those jars must be calling you like mermaids heheh please get back to us with a smoke report when you feel is the right moment ✊
The Thai x Panama reg version has yet to sex but I am hoping it will be a female. If it is a male, it will be culled, but I will keep trying to get a female in the coming seasons. Eventually, I´d like to get a Panama green male to spread its pollen on a couple of Thai x Panama females. This is just a trial run to see the potential of the cross, which has peaked my interest due to the reports fellow growers have contributed to this thread :)