What's new

Tha Melon in the 808

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Aloha everyone, I will be documenting my grow of Tha Melon here in Hawaii. I popped one pack and got pretty lucky with 8 females to look through. These were vegged outdoor with basic 10w led bulbs that turn on at sunset and off at midnite.

This was a few days after I flipped on the 1st, I probably let them get too big for my space.

IMG_0682.jpeg

Then this is from today where things have filled in quite a bit.
IMG_0797.jpeg

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
I hope all will be fine for you, it must be scary to be in the middle of a tropical storm or a hurricane. I have experienced a violent storm in my country at christmas 99 and I was shitting myself as I was in a car going through a forest of several hundred kilometers while trees fell on the the road and everywhere around me and my friend driving. We decided our best option was to not stop to not be hit by a tree and we did good but what a scary moment with winds up to 200 KM/H.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Well, the storm came and went. Parts of the island got around 20" of rain but I only got around 6" where I live.

Tha Melons are on Day 27 of flower and frosting up nicely. Interestingly enough, I have 2 plants that are giving off pretty citrus-y smells which I didn't expect. Iʻm going to have to start supporting some branches soon because some are already starting to get floppy and it's going to be a problem soon.
IMG_0986.jpeg

IMG_0985.jpeg

kalopatchkid

Veteran
IMG_1115.jpeg
IMG_1114.jpeg
IMG_1116.jpeg
IMG_1117.jpeg
IMG_1087.jpeg
IMG_1069.jpeg
IMG_1070.jpeg

A little update on Day 42. I have lost a couple branches and have found a few spots of mold here and there but such is to be expected growing outside here in the tropics.
Just gotta roll with the punches and do my best to get to the end.

Also had a security scare after one of my neighbors moved out last month and the landlord had a bunch of trees cleared which exposed my plants. Not even a week after the trees were cleared, some homeless guy starts trying to squat in the garage and it diverted a lot of my energy trying to secure my property and create some privacy for the grow. Luckily the owners asked him to leave and he cooperated but I was surprised at how quickly someone moved in to squat.

Last edited:

stiff

Veteran
Where are the moldy bits? Did you cut it out already? I hope you did.
...all I see is, it looks like you got some stem-rott at the point where it snapped.
Best of luck for the showdown 🤞🤙