What's new

Texada timewarp

BC LONE WOLF

Found some cuts online sourced out here on VanIsle. Let’s see how they turn out.

The story was like the rest, passed down cuts of cuts of cuts of cuts from the original in Texada…

Attachments

• IMG_4958.jpeg
    IMG_4958.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4960.jpeg
    IMG_4960.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4959.jpeg
    IMG_4959.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 25

Tomahawk_

Found some cuts online sourced out here on VanIsle. Let’s see how they turn out.

The story was like the rest, passed down cuts of cuts of cuts of cuts from the original in Texada…
I know it's very early - but the leaf shape is similar to the Texada Timewarp I've had and others I've seen. You'll know in about another 4 weeks - it should start to get a Lemony aroma (very Strong aroma - your nose will be drawn to it like a magnet, haha...)

BC LONE WOLF

I know it's very early - but the leaf shape is similar to the Texada Timewarp I've had and others I've seen. You'll know in about another 4 weeks - it should start to get a Lemony aroma (very Strong aroma - your nose will be drawn to it like a magnet, haha...)

Since I have never seen the actual original Texada I can’t say. The ones I tested last year had a more 50/50 hybrid phenotype and did have a lemon scent with musky earthy, not crazy loud but very oily. It finished under 60 days.

These new cuts have a very narrow leaf pheno look and well I have sourced them from internet so can’t affirm anything.
The add had no detail besides saying “cuts from the original 1979 Texada kept by the family”, then when I talked to the dude in person he said he made clones from a cut that came from Campbell river and that dude made clones from a cut coming from Powell river and that cut made from the source in Texada… so it passed down multiple people anything can happen.

I’m keeping my hopes up. I just want it to make crosses for outdoors, and I love NarrowLeaf types so these could seal the deal.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It took a bit of time but these are from lisquiti

The guy who dropped em off had a doobie too. Still smokes true

Story I'm told is dutch guy moves from Cali to bc with genetics. Makes an epic thai x ghani cross. Creates a legend. More to the story. That's Tha quick version I'm told.
20240525_141726.jpg

Legalcdn

Since I have never seen the actual original Texada I can’t say. The ones I tested last year had a more 50/50 hybrid phenotype and did have a lemon scent with musky earthy, not crazy loud but very oily. It finished under 60 days.

These new cuts have a very narrow leaf pheno look and well I have sourced them from internet so can’t affirm anything.
The add had no detail besides saying “cuts from the original 1979 Texada kept by the family”, then when I talked to the dude in person he said he made clones from a cut that came from Campbell river and that dude made clones from a cut coming from Powell river and that cut made from the source in Texada… so it passed down multiple people anything can happen.

I’m keeping my hopes up. I just want it to make crosses for outdoors, and I love NarrowLeaf types so these could seal the deal.
How's the timewarp doing nowadays?

BC LONE WOLF

How's the timewarp doing nowadays?
Thanks for asking

I have conflicting thoughts. The cut I have went full on flower for the whole month of June… so now it’s backing to veg… it hasn’t grown much… it translates to me that this pheno is highly sensitive to anything below 14 hrs of light and will flower before 12/12…

I gave another cut to a friend and it’s not flowering and it’s growing pretty Sativa dominant. It has that Afghan look on the fan leaf.

I also have a so called Texada timewrap I started from seed, it still is baby on it’s second node but the leaf look narrow leaf which I like.

IMG_5589.jpeg

I will keep posting just waiting for things to get interesting

Tomahawk_

Thanks for asking

I have conflicting thoughts. The cut I have went full on flower for the whole month of June… so now it’s backing to veg… it hasn’t grown much… it translates to me that this pheno is highly sensitive to anything below 14 hrs of light and will flower before 12/12…

I gave another cut to a friend and it’s not flowering and it’s growing pretty Sativa dominant. It has that Afghan look on the fan leaf.

I also have a so called Texada timewrap I started from seed, it still is baby on it’s second node but the leaf look narrow leaf which I like.

View attachment 19027231

I will keep posting just waiting for things to get interesting
The Timewarp strains I've had exhibited a shorter growth structure, with very NLD (narrow leaf) characteristics; also a lighter green color as well. So it looks like you're on the right path. The fact that the plant flowered in June suggests it may have been kept in a vegetative state for so long, it naturally flowered to try and pro-create. I've had plants that I started from seed, kept on a 18 hour light schedule for way too long, and have seen them throw some flowers (male or female). But as soon as i put outdoors, they would get back on track. Also, some types of stress can induce flowering as well. I wouldn't be too worried about it - hopefully they get back on track (but the fact they flowered in June is cutting it close, for them to go back into veg, then a proper fall flowering).

Growing from clones really depends on the source: I've had some fire genetics from clone, and also clones that brought disease into my grow room. So now I prefer to grow from seed, and if I do get clones from anyone, they are outdoor only. I'll never take a chance again (bringing a clone indoors into my grow area) - I lost some of my best plants, due to clones that carried in disease.

BC LONE WOLF

The Timewarp strains I've had exhibited a shorter growth structure, with very NLD (narrow leaf) characteristics; also a lighter green color as well. So it looks like you're on the right path. The fact that the plant flowered in June suggests it may have been kept in a vegetative state for so long, it naturally flowered to try and pro-create. I've had plants that I started from seed, kept on a 18 hour light schedule for way too long, and have seen them throw some flowers (male or female). But as soon as i put outdoors, they would get back on track. Also, some types of stress can induce flowering as well. I wouldn't be too worried about it - hopefully they get back on track (but the fact they flowered in June is cutting it close, for them to go back into veg, then a proper fall flowering).

Growing from clones really depends on the source: I've had some fire genetics from clone, and also clones that brought disease into my grow room. So now I prefer to grow from seed, and if I do get clones from anyone, they are outdoor only. I'll never take a chance again (bringing a clone indoors into my grow area) - I lost some of my best plants, due to clones that carried in disease.

Yeah I agree with you, and the cut I got had preflower and was coming from a mature plant based on thickness of the stem on the cut.
IMG_5234.jpeg
IMG_5233.jpeg
2A75E5ED-A40E-43DE-BC65-BFDE5DFA0659.jpeg

That’s May 27.

So all I know so far is that this thing flowers fast. Has narrow leaf traits, musky pine scent, not loud.

And yeah I never take clones unless is from the collective and even then shit is real out there with viruses and just to much to lose for one temptation. But I’m outdoors for 6 months then I do some small stuff indoors, also making seeds…

Been hunting Texada for 2 years, would like to have that in my genotypes.

Tomahawk_

Yeah I agree with you, and the cut I got had preflower and was coming from a mature plant based on thickness of the stem on the cut.
View attachment 19027261 View attachment 19027262 View attachment 19027263
That’s May 27.

So all I know so far is that this thing flowers fast. Has narrow leaf traits, musky pine scent, not loud.

And yeah I never take clones unless is from the collective and even then shit is real out there with viruses and just to much to lose for one temptation. But I’m outdoors for 6 months then I do some small stuff indoors, also making seeds…

Been hunting Texada for 2 years, would like to have that in my genotypes.
I may have mentioned this before, but if you want a couple other options for Texada Timewarp genetics, check out :
SHITSEEDS.com
NextGenerationSeedCompany.com

I actually picked up some of shitseeds' Timewarp - I did talk with him, and saw a grow journal: the plants looked on point, and exhibit a strong Pine Scent (like christmas tree pine). Looked very nice, so I picked up a pack.

Another great breeder is NextGenerationSeedCompany - and although they might not be "original parents", he's maintained his genetic lines from the beginning, when Marc Emery was selling seeds.

This season I'm growing out a bunch of Skunk, and will do a journal over on OG (overgrow), and maybe also post some pics here too. But been having computer issues, with limited memory, so I'm limited with what I can do, until I fix it.

Legalcdn

I may have mentioned this before, but if you want a couple other options for Texada Timewarp genetics, check out :
SHITSEEDS.com
NextGenerationSeedCompany.com

I actually picked up some of shitseeds' Timewarp - I did talk with him, and saw a grow journal: the plants looked on point, and exhibit a strong Pine Scent (like christmas tree pine). Looked very nice, so I picked up a pack.

Another great breeder is NextGenerationSeedCompany - and although they might not be "original parents", he's maintained his genetic lines from the beginning, when Marc Emery was selling seeds.

This season I'm growing out a bunch of Skunk, and will do a journal over on OG (overgrow), and maybe also post some pics here too. But been having computer issues, with limited memory, so I'm limited with what I can do, until I fix it.
I did not see texada timewarp on NextGenerationSeedCompany.

Never heard of shitseeds but thanks for the tip.

Tomahawk_

I did not see texada timewarp on NextGenerationSeedCompany.

Never heard of shitseeds but thanks for the tip
Next Generation has it simply as "Timewarp" - feminized seeds (I actually spoke with the owner to get some background info, it was off topic - I was on the hunt for some of his Blueberry seeds, and then we got talking about other genetics, etc, and so picked up some of his Island Sweet Skunk, and Timewarp as well).
...and I discovered SHITSEEDS through Overgrow forum - spoke to the owner too, and looked at some of the grow journals, so I can only deduce any information from what I was told, and read online.

I did have some Texada years ago from an OldTimer, grew them last summer (I still have some beans as well) - popped two (2), one (1) was male, the other one (1) was female. Both exhibited very Narrow Leaf, light green color. I tossed the male, and kept the female. As it started to flower, it had a really intense lemon aroma, along with a "chocolate back-end" is the best I can describe it. Unfortunately overwatered her, and ended up getting root rot, and then dying....but it was nice up until that point.