What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tangie

Spaventa

Veteran
Just snagged a pack of DNA Reserva Privada Tangie. 13 regular seeds. I think they are 10 years old but coming from a proven source of old breeder packs that have been stored properly.

My question for those who know this line is simple… will I be disappointed? The reviews end everything I’ve read says it’s a legend grail strain but we all know they lie. It has won cups do I’m hopeful but can anyone reassure?

Spaventa

Veteran
if your doing it for the flavor you wont be disappointed she grows some beautiful nugs to the high was a little mild for me but others i knew that grew it that dont smoke much enjoyed the buzz more
Well I do need a day time smoke that I can function on, that just takes the edge off harsh reality. Flavour is the main goal though so thanks for the good news!

OldCoolSativa

I grew out some Crockett's Farm Tangie about 7 years ago; four or five females if I remember correctly. One had a wonderful, distinctly orange/tangerine aroma in grow and even after curing, but the weed was crap. Muddy, short-lived high. I tried a Strawberry Cough along with that grow and while it did have a strawberry aroma, it was bunk weed (rhymes with skunk weed).

My takeaway from that experience was to never focus on terps again because the only thing that really matters is the quality and duration of the effect. Unfortunately, far too many "breeders" over the last 10-20 years have bred for aromas rather than effect.

kro-magnon

Veteran
I cancelled the Tangie. Too many reports of it lacking effect now. As Okdskoolsativa says, let’s not lose our priority. I’ll smoke weed that works for me and eat a orange for orange terps lol
Too bad you didn't try those seeds, I have grown some JillyBean and at the time many people said the high was lacking but I've found some very decent smoke with crazy good taste in the seeds. The high was up beat and easy to ride, not the strongest but strong enough to get me high despite high tolerance and the smoke experience was really pure pleasure with the great taste it had.
I don't know what your grow conditions are but you could try just 3/4 seeds with short veg time to get small plants who won't take too much space in case you don't like the result.

Latest posts

Latest posts