What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Sunshine Mix #4 + Gaia Green All Purpose: What pH for my water?

ice minus

Hi friends! Novice here

I am experimenting for the first time with Sunshine Mix #4 after grabbing 6 bags on clearance for $3 each

I have amended it with a generous portion of castings, compost, and of course Gaia Green as per the topic.

It called for 3 TBSP per Gallon for inert mixes, so I added 21 TBSP to the 7 gallon bag.

My question:
Using Blumats and a reservoir of simple clear, fresh, beautifully pH'ed water of appropriate composition .. what pH would that be?

Where do I target my 5 gal bucket? I'm going for 6.3 currently based on very spotty previous research but I'd love to hear from someone who's more sure

THANK YOU ICMAG

I Care

if your simple clear water comes from the source between 6 and 7.5 you can use what you’ve got without changing it. The main things is you don’t want that run off coming out too low.

Old Uncle Ben

All high quality soil mixes like the Sunshine brand are pH buffered with dolomite or something similar to land around 6.5.

I Care

i been wondering when Id see u ub. I finally got some chunk in the way of PC freebie. need to get everything right as rain when conditions are right again

Latest posts

Latest posts