What's new

led05

Chasing The Present
Happy Winter Solstice Y'all

It's been a warm one thus far out this way, relatively speaking, just like last year. I'm planning to plant next week in the GH salads, spinach, carrots, beets, onions, Pac Choi & maybe a couple of others (these things taste so much better grown in the cool / cold). But really It's not about the cold as far as growth goes, it's lack of day length that prevents most often. Elliott Coleman wrote a great book on this; winter gardeners handbook or something like that, interesting read if anyone were inclined. I'll give them a tiny bit light to lengthen the days on each end to go up past 10 hours and we should be all good, the garlic is up and growing outside so it can't be held back no matter what, and I swear it even looked like the grass was growing BF we got this last 6 or so inches of snow, can't say I recall seeing that in December before.... Snow will be all melted by Xmas it looks, bah humbug....

Bless

led05

Chasing The Present
Bucking hanging plants today so seeds don’t keep dropping on floor & getting mixed up; these Sweet & Sour D REEK, my entire house & even outside it reek of a diesel glue factory, I’m wearing a vapor mask & can’t stop sneezing, eyes watering - man I hate this shit but love to smoke it…

The price we pay, these S&SD are heavy heavy producers, shits making me nauseous

IMG_0071.jpeg

led05

Chasing The Present
The plant gods have been generous, got a stud

2008 Malana Crème seeds - 5 Females & 1 Beautiful Male !

IMG_0004.jpeg

IMG_0005.jpeg

You’ll note they have no modern Ghani, Skunk, NL, Kush, OG or any of those other “Hash Plants” vibes to them, nor do they smell like any of them either; these are the Real McCoy - kudos to RSC for collecting them nearly 20 years ago now and my good friend Satva for sharing them along

Front to back: Uncle Buck (bud green) - Cambodian 2 (me - Musta funk) - A5/Durban x A5T (e.T) - SMC/A5T x Gambian (me, Musta funk, e.T)

IMG_0003.jpeg

Cambodian 1 (me, Mustafunk)
IMG_0002.jpeg

Deseed bins, waiting till I’ve got the time to pull thousands of Fem seeds across 7 different “buckets” I’ve created

IMG_0006.jpeg

Peace y’all - Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas - Ho Ho Ho

led05

Chasing The Present
The prolific pollen male, what a stud

(Cambodian/Gambian x Cambodian / Laos) x (( Cambodian/Gambian x Cambodian / Laos) x FSL Auto F)) - This is male I pictured BF that was very SE Asian dominate but very very fast

1704667085823.jpeg

1704667109238.jpeg

1704667126067.jpeg

These are pint & yogurt jars he filled, never seen one plant in a small room make so many seeds, it’s ridiculous… I’m certain plenty gems within & many paths to steer them

1704667179527.jpeg

1704667201131.jpeg

led05

Chasing The Present
All done, the best is the roasted Garlic, so good - Beets, Carrots, Garlic, Russian Fingerlings, Sweet Potatoes from gardens - Olive oil, black pepper, Italian herbs & dash of salt to season

Will add to some Filets, Quinoa & Brussels Sprouts later, Playoff Football & Food Buuuudy !

IMG_0023.jpeg

led05

Chasing The Present
so I read a study a few weeks back about alcohol & dementia, it was something like 38K participants over a decade or so (impressive), I'm going from memory here of a quick glance of the article, I'm sure some have read it, so apologies for my discrepancies....

The conclusion was that moderate to heavy drinkers had statistically significant reduced incidence of dementia & Alzheimer's vs others in the group, this was surprising for many I'm sure.

now what I found most interesting in the article was their basis or thoughts on why.......? instead of considering that perhaps alcohol could in fact be good in that regard they postulated that the others in the group had underlying issues causing them not to drink, making them in general less healthy and thus more likely to get dementia & Alzheimers overall - sounds like the authors of the study better start drinking more to me, that's an insane leap vs the obvious one..... :)

then I started to think about how long humans have been drinking...... hundreds of generations........ then I started to think

how long have we been in love with processed simple sugars

how long have we been attached on our asses to a computer or a phone

So I just took a sip of wine and ate some more boomies & shoveled the driveway vs busting out the blower, life is good, live it up :)

led05

Chasing The Present
Durlumbo “Red"

90 micron

View attachment 18957985
looks good, what did you use on top screen wise? did you make any Durlumbo green? I have 13 or so Durlumbo Green Frankies seedlings up, may try one outside this year, depends on how the weather is feeling to me and the smoke from you lazy canadians polluting our lands :)

• Haha
Reactions: Rgd

Rgd

Veteran
looks good, what did you use on top screen wise? did you make any Durlumbo green? I have 13 or so Durlumbo Green Frankies seedlings up, may try one outside this year, depends on how the weather is feeling to me and the smoke from you lazy canadians polluting our lands
I called it red because of the hue... its the fat green durlumbo..made a pile of fems..

220 bubble machine bag...then 160/90/73/45/25......only tried 90u

honest..I give away all of my wld hash...

I will hoard this...

first time sativa hash translated to "like a joint” high

fat green durlumbo nannies and will aways make some seed

I reversed one that had basically none though....

led05

Chasing The Present
I’ll tell ya what, having posts deleted without a peep simply as they question something painfully obvious in a polite way so others avoid being scammed (from a paid advertiser) within this forum, well it makes a fella ponder stopping posting…. I appreciate why some things need to be deleted but others, just wow, very surprising.

Hint: If you’re a vendor and your primary job is to censure customers or potential customers (or request they be) across forums & social media, you’re doing something very, very wrong!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Been gone from the ic sight for a while. Always take a break after final harvests. Love this thread though, so I’m back. Glad to see led do what he do. I’m taking over my grove site I’ve been playing with the past few years. Hoping to start incorporating some of the led philosophy in a permagarden setting. Growing in zone 10a, so a lot of positives and a few negatives. Getting started into spring a bit late, but here’s a few potatoes just beginning to peep up.
IMG_7518.jpeg
IMG_7517.jpeg
IMG_7516.jpeg

led05

Chasing The Present
It’s all game on fellas; everything as usual but new this year is almost everything our own seed, & starts - we cut out all suppliers but turmeric (backup) & salads

Planted a lot of garlic, peach trees began flowering mid April which @ here is insane - warm winter cool spring

Garlic is huge gonna be an unbelievable year

We’ve been eating salads, spinach & bok Choi since mid march again for @ here in unheated GH even insane

For most part what used to be plant out dates end of May I begin late April & beginning May - 4 cannabis plants went out end April to toughen up ;) - they say last frost here to be safe is Memorial Day, that’s a month out of tune if you present

IMG_0037.jpeg

IMG_0036.jpeg

Indoor room a month from finishing for some others two
IMG_0015.jpeg

Beautiful morning the other week, maybe I already shared it - I love that day, morning like that to sunburn sun few hours later

IMG_0010.jpeg

A coiple weeks before us bunnies started eating it multiple times a day

IMG_0091.jpeg

Potatoes just started popping, gonna be a lot this year - garlic back corner, couple weeks ago it’s 2x now

IMG_0088.jpeg

IMG_0087.jpeg

Apple trees, peach, Asian pear, serviceberry, raspberry, blueberries, pear trees - all just banging this year - couple big construction projects to come too, we’ll likely one a 20x24’ pavilion or so tied into house over bigger side of deck- finally I’m doing nothing or that’s the plan - ha

Peace