What's new

SubGirls Garden

SubGirl

420club
Deboning the first batch of the WhiteWidow x Skunk now dry enough for jars. Smells great in my kitchen nothing like skunk tho. We did sample a bud early after only 3 day dry and it was pretty good and even smoother than I thought it would be with the extra leaves in the buds this time. Hopefully it will only get better. The buds look a lot better after the headache trim. Have to finish cleaning that tent out with one more trim session and the rest going to kief. Probably will only get 12 oz of smokeable buds in this tent but will get some nice kief material which is also smokable so I’m ok with this grow although I’m ready to grow some regular weed again for a change. 😁
IMG_2619.jpeg
IMG_2620.jpeg

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
So I’ve been harvesting from the skunk tent the last four days. Most of the buds were good size and dense but some were a bit lighter. All four plants had crazy looking buds. They were very sticky indeed but a pita to wet trim around the wild looking buds. they were not all ready at the same time either and I’m giving the tent another day before gathering the rest of the smoking buds I want and putting the rest in the kief bag.
‘I did steal one of the buds with a four day dry and Mr Sub rolled us up a Marley so we could test drive it even tho it’s early I know. Surprisingly we got a really good buzz from it already and it wasn't even harsh no coughing for smoking uncured weed I’m excited now to try it after cure. No skunk smell in fact no pine or cat piss either. It’s not the most beautiful looking weed but I did enjoy cooking dinner a lot more tonight smoking it.
View attachment 18984040
View attachment 18984041
The second pic shows the looser crazy ugly buds. But looks ain’t everything I guess. It’s going on the drying rack but maybe to sweeten up the kief bag..
Your “ugly” buds look better than my pretty buds… lol be proud of what you grew. a lot of work went into that

oldmaninbc

Deboning the first batch of the WhiteWidow x Skunk now dry enough for jars. Smells great in my kitchen nothing like skunk tho. We did sample a bud early after only 3 day dry and it was pretty good and even smoother than I thought it would be with the extra leaves in the buds this time. Hopefully it will only get better. The buds look a lot better after the headache trim. Have to finish cleaning that tent out with one more trim session and the rest going to kief. Probably will only get 12 oz of smokeable buds in this tent but will get some nice kief material which is also smokable so I’m ok with this grow although I’m ready to grow some regular weed again for a change. 😁
View attachment 18985345 View attachment 18985346
Nice harvest, good outcome from your tent and your gardening skills made it all happen.

From my own experience I hardly remember that funky skunky smell from the Skunk strain for more than a few years. Skunk and Northern lights popularity waned. However, they became breeding tools for other more popular strains and so began the commercialization of cannabis seeds. I must admit that funky skunky smell and flavor was very unique for it's time.
I am not sure I would appreciate skunk in my cookies, I recently had a strain that tasted like fried salmon, I found the effects to my liking but fried salmon cookies, that's not for me. YUK!

Great job on your grow and I will be watching with interest what happens next.

SubGirl

420club
Your White Widow X Skunk looks like some smooth and sweet light green that was the best material for rolling doobies I ever had. That going to be a great daytime scooby doobie do.

I think it’s the LEDs at BubbasPlace
Thanks so much for your nice comment. I hope you are right. I’m trimming the lower stuff now for the kief bin.
‘I have LEDs too. I don’t think the LEDs are causing the leaves to change.

SubGirl

420club
Finally finished trimming in the WWxSkunk tent. All that’s left is four bags of dirt and aftermath to be cleaned up tomorrow maybe. Although they were a pita to trim, the buds look really great after the drying process and the early samples show great prospect of being some decent weed. I pulled more off the drying rack today and well I guess I’ll say I ain’t ashamed of it.
IMG_9864.jpeg

IMG_9865.jpeg

Thanks so much @giggy for the seed in this grow. We were hoping for some skunk smell but you would be proud to smoke it still I think 🥰

I’m gonna drop some seeds in water tonight to get ready for the next grow which this time will be Cap Junky the same plants that @Boo is growing now and that I had success with last year. My first weed that I’m growing again that’s not a clone from a previous grow actually. looking forward to the next grow as I always am. Thanks so much for all of you that helped me along the way… 🥰✌️