What's new

Strawberry Cough x SSSDH testers Hawaii grown.

JOJO420

Veteran
Aloha. I got my SC x SSSDH testers and they are going in da drink as we speak. I put them in 5.8pH water in a shot glass..Wish us luck:)

W

Womble

yes jojo, hope you find a killer strawbs and lemon funk pheno.....looking forward to the showcase!!

JOJO420

Veteran
Thanks guys.. Im so stoked to try these beans I can share your enthusiasm. I just took pics on my android, as soon as I find my cord we will have visuals :)

JOJO420

Veteran
We have tails

We have tails

When I went to check the shot glass this morning, I saw tails :) Not on all, half and I just left them be till this evening. I was so excited I had to report.

M

Mushy

Congrats JOJO on the good start. I´ll be following, since I´m testing the same seeds:woohoo:

Best of luck to the upcoming!:tiphat:

JOJO420

Veteran
In da drink

In da drink

In they go. we are off to da races :)

Attachments

• IMG_20130517_195114.jpg
    IMG_20130517_195114.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20130517_195154.jpg
    IMG_20130517_195154.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20130517_195223.jpg
    IMG_20130517_195223.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 34

JOJO420

Veteran
These will be planted 3 in organic soil and 3 in coco. I'm gonna put them in the greenhouse at first to sprout, once up I will then transfer them under 400w lights to veg for 6-8 weeks.

The Coco will get PBP as a base and the full Aptus line.

The Soil will get a local made fish emulsion product and earth juice as a base with aptus.

We plant to make tea from local sourced material with bennies to feed in both veg and bloom. Here in Hawaii I like to use earthworm castings, humic acid , oyster flour and burned banana leaves cocktail in my tea along with a tad of guano at times. I have a chicken farm and get all the free chit I ever need :) We make a fine tea that makes about anything grow and bloom with minimal effort here in Hawaii.

M

Mushy

JOJO do you know where to get some info on these?

I´ve been running the Sssdh cut for a while, but want to know more about the SC.

JOJO420

Veteran
Just google Strawberry Cough Strain. all the info you need :) Its supposedly Strawberry Fields x Haze from Vermont.

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Front row.... Jar in hand.. Ya got a few days head start. ..
Ready for the show...

:kewlpics:~:respect:~:lurk:~ :alien: ~:ying:

JOJO420

Veteran
Sup AD I see you got these test beans also. Yo Mushy, how are your beans doing?
I have got all 6 to crack 100% and have tails within 24 hours after I dropped em in da drink :) I put the cracked seeds in moist towels overnight till I planted them today FYI
I decided to plant all of them in my soil mix as I feel I'm gonna keep these as moms.I really only run coco for production as soil is easier to keep moms long term I have found.
I'm not gonna post pics of barely cracking seeds, so for those doubting thomas's,tough luck. Trust me in saying they are fresh and ready to germinate.
The next pics posted will be when they crack the surface and are living sprouts.
Good luck fellow testers :)

JOJO420

Veteran
All 6 are out of the dirt and looking for the sun :) I have started these outdoors in the greenhouse and will move them indoor when they have 3-4 nodes to begin being trained as moms, at least that is what I usually do with reg seeds.

Since this is my first time with fem seeds does anyone know if starting them outside them moving them indoors causes herms?

As one may notice my biggest fear is herm city with feminized seeds. Maybe I'm overly paranoid, maybe not IDK. I know I have spent years of herm free growing and wanna keep it that way.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey JOJO420

of to a nice start
this going to be great

with feminized seeds there is a chance of hermi's but more chance its from light leaks and other problems caused in the garden

fems are definately more sensitive to problems than reg seeds

but im confident there wont be any problems
peace

JOJO420

Veteran
Aloha!!
Thanks OJD for the vote of confidence. I also expect no problems and am having a blast testing these.
The current condition is 5 healthy sprouts with leaves and doing great. The lagger is up but still has his helmet on if you know what I mean. I sprayed him slightly and made sure a drop stayed on the shell. This helps loosen the membranes and provides lubrication for the final push to first split, then throw off the shell.
I am impressed with these seeds so far. I give kudos to OJD for an excellent germ rate and vigor as sprouts.
I will post pics o the sprouts tom as I hope the last one throws his helmet and joins the crew :)

JOJO420

Veteran
Ok guys here is the final sprout update before pics, as this concludes the sprouting period here at the farm.
I have 5 healthy sprouts. The sixth little guy was a lagger and when he did go for it, it shot straight up with a tightly closed helmet. He never cracked open, and the taproot stalled out about an inch under the surface. I pulled it and am stoked with my 5 healthy seedlings.
At this point they are all identical, growing at the same rate and size as each other. They have slender first leaves at first, truly showing the sativa dominant phenotypes that I expect with this line.

At his point I wanted to reiterate that I am testing the full Aptus line on these genetics this year. This will be the first 2013 ICmag test of Aptus Plant technology here in Hawaii as far as I know with these genetics.
I am running two base mediums here at the farm this year. First being Sunshine#4 mixed with FFOF, and second is coco w/ red cinders.
Red cinders are same thing as red lava rocks. I get them $43.00/ton at the local quarry down the road.

My fertilizer base for veg will be based upon two things.

One being an all organic local sourced fish emulsion based fertilizer that is made here in Hawaii .. Its basic NPK is 5-2-1. I find this to be much like Alaska Fish or Neptunes Harvest for those familiar with fish emulsions however this local mix has other organic goodies in the mix as well. I will try and find the website.
I usually add oyster shell flour, humic acid, a little calcium carbonate and worm castings in the tea with the fish as the tea base. It brews for 24 hrs and comes out 5.8-6-2 on my meter . I never add ph up or down with this mix.

My second base is Pure Blend Pro. I only use it on Coco/cinders mix as we go 100% organic on the soil base.

Good luck to all the other testers and I will post pics tom.
GN

M

Mushy

Sounds pretty good brother...

Cant wait to see some pics of the newborns:biggrin:

JOJO420

Veteran
Aloha!! Been super busy sorry for no pics yet, not much to see till today or so as they are just getting going in veg.

I put the 5 sprouts in the green house vs. outside because we have had weeks of rain, and I went in there today to see that I lost 1 of my best seedlings to damping off it looks like like. The stalk just above the dirt was all shriveled and the plant had fallen over and wilted overnight.
What I have noticed so far with this strain is it prefers a dryer medium to a moist one as both of the issues I have had so far came from keeping the soil too moist. Grower error, derp!!

So at this point I have 4 healthy seedlings and am super stoked to be testing these. I believe if I had another pack to play with, I can get all of them to germinate and sprout as I know what to do now.
So for any of you growers wanting to buy this strain, keep them a little drier than normal and all will be fine I believe.

Attachments

• IMG_20130601_172725.jpg
    IMG_20130601_172725.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20130601_172600.jpg
    IMG_20130601_172600.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20130601_172546.jpg
    IMG_20130601_172546.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20130601_172535.jpg
    IMG_20130601_172535.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20130601_172523.jpg
    IMG_20130601_172523.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 35

JOJO420

Veteran
These plants are on Aptus Fasilitor and Startboost at recommended dosage with 3ml PBP Grow as a base. They have received just one application last Sunday and are ready for the second shot tomorrow. I feed pH'd water during the week so far.

In all honesty, Aptus IS making a difference. I can see it in the strength of these seedlings and to be honest they are little stinkers already also. They have a strawberry sour smell to them already :)

Attachments

• IMG_20130601_171342.jpg
    IMG_20130601_171342.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20130601_172509.jpg
    IMG_20130601_172509.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20130601_172934.jpg
    IMG_20130601_172934.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20130601_172629.jpg
    IMG_20130601_172629.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 35

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So nicely done bro. ..

Looking great and I am glad I'm a couple weeks behind you..
I can follow ya lead and avoid a few bumps... If ya don't mind,that is. ..

Great advice on the (Keep them on the dry side) ...
Keep up the great work your doing... Makes for a good show. ..

----- :alien::ying::alien: -----

Latest posts

Latest posts