What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

straight from a pyschatrists mouth: sativa is bad for antipsychotics users

D

Deleted member 539861

I once read that that terpenes were like the steering wheel and cannabinoids are like the gas pedal. Which is just a generalization. But it makes sense. I think it also makes sense that the plant is only capable of producing so much of a particular compound before it starts inhibiting its ability to produce others. And certain compounds can magnify or nullify another. A lot going on and most breeders are going for things like raw potency, bag appeal and yield. Totally missing the point.

I would assume in a blind taste test where you simply ask users which had the most enjoyable effect it would not correlate with what looks the nicest in a jar to the average consumer.
Ps I can remember weed from the early 90s that looked like something that the cat brought in and smelling and tasting like hay and being really strong and that wasn't due to low tolerance because we had access to nice hash back then

goingrey

D

Deleted member 539861

Thanks for the quick response, I appreciate it
I'll read the whole thing, really cool.

One thibg has already caught my eye though. It says that

"[...]As the most effective terpenes are not necessarily the most abundant ones in the cannabis plant, reaching “whole plant” or “full spectrum” composition is not necessarily an advantage.[..]"

Which would support the anecdote I told earlier that we had weed that looked and smelled and tasted like shit and was pretty strong. It could have been a terp or the like that was not even present in amounts large enough to even smell it.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Could be.

It could also be that this whole terpene thing is overrated, afaik there is very little scientific evidence until now that different terpenes when combusted or evaporated and inhaled alter the effect of THC the way many people seem to believe. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think it could also simply be THC dosage and THC/ CBD/ CBN ratio.

Whatever it is, it is definitely not as simple as this whole Sativa vs Indica thing. For example just ask people who have decades of experience of growing South East Asian varieties and insist on knowing long flowering, lanky narrow leaf phenotypse that are sedative/relaxing/narcotic
I think a lot of it is also perspective. I knew I liked more stimulating varieties. But after growing a bunch of original and Tom hill haze I began to notice how much more fog there was to other less stimulating varieties. It set a new standard by which I judge effects. I think as we experience new cannabinoid combinations our brain interprets them differently.

RobFromTX

I would assume in a blind taste test where you simply ask users which had the most enjoyable effect it would not correlate with what looks the nicest in a jar to the average consumer.

Very true. Most of my friends thought i was nuts when i started growing landrace sativa. Talked about how it looked like bunk weed and didnt have a good smell. Then they actually smoked it and saw how enjoyable it was. One day it will hopefully be available at dispensaries but i don't see how it could possibly benefit the grower since people wouldn't pay near as much for it as cookies n kush. A lot more time and dedication to grow a nice sativa

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Very true. Most of my friends thought i was nuts when i started growing landrace sativa. Talked about how it looked like bunk weed and didnt have a good smell. Then they actually smoked it and saw how enjoyable it was. One day it will hopefully be available at dispensaries but i don't see how it could possibly benefit the grower since people wouldn't pay near as much for it as cookies n kush. A lot more time and dedication to grow a nice sativa
I have a small clientele of customers that enjoy sativa types. But I have shrunk the garden to a few lights and got a real job for the first time in 20 years. I'm happy if I break even plus a few dollars on supplies and electricity.

D

Deleted member 539861

Selected cannabis terpenes synergize with THC to produce increased CB1 receptor activation​

@goingrey:

So I don't think I understood it all, but what I understood is that the study suggests that some of the terps amplify the effects of THC to varying degrees

However this was an in vitro study, no cannabis/terpene preparations were combusted and inhaled.

Also it doesn't any anything about whether certain terpenes have certain particular psychoactive effects as in "terpene x induces anxiety and terpene y reduces pain".

I would really like to see a study with hundreds or better thousands of participants smoking different types of cannabis respectively ingesting different combinations of THC and terpenes in a double blind study and then being questioned about the types of effects.

I can also help tune out voices better

Why would you want to tune them out. Two heads = better than one I've heard.

@goingrey:

I would really like to see a study with hundreds or better thousands of participants smoking different types of cannabis respectively ingesting different combinations of THC and terpenes in a double blind study and then being questioned about the types of effects.

I'll show you those studies, but then I'll have to kill you. It comes down to organic acid profile.

Could be.

It could also be that this whole terpene thing is overrated, afaik there is very little scientific evidence until now that different terpenes when combusted or evaporated and inhaled alter the effect

The only way to capitalize on that data is to obscure it. Weed is just thc and lemon peel squeezins end of story! The terp gods have spoken. Ask your doctor about grape scented indica patches. Weed should only be made in a chemical lab period! By fda approved chemists! Period!,

You had your chance to embrace an alternative narrative, potheads. You decided on this one. The cannabis community posts links to stories about fatty acid glycerol esters and proof that Haze = 2-octylcyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid, yet still ends up on the lemon peel/plastic terp propaganda at the end of the day. So that's what you get. Yeast thc in a grape skin solvent.

Society always gets what they vote for. Toxic commercial profiteer garbage.

Zip it with this medical Marijuana talk or end up with a bullet in your head. Weed comes in 2 varieties: lemon peel and cherry pit and two dosages 10mg and 50mg thc. Period! Sincerely big pherm.

Zeta Reticuli

So i made strain that is mix of Amnesia Core cut and Bodhis Old School Hashplant,used OSH 3 males and then
i growed this P1 mix,it have nice tight nugs and smell is pure skunk,like butan gas,really stinks a lot like
Skunk#1 from pre 90ies,very good yielder too.

It haves very very potent high but all phenos will give me strong depression like feelings and you dont feel well from that weed,friends tryed it and they say a same,it brings you in some dark mood,totally opposite from happy euphoric weed.

Nextgeneration73

So i made strain that is mix of Amnesia Core cut and Bodhis Old School Hashplant,used OSH 3 males and then
i growed this P1 mix,it have nice tight nugs and smell is pure skunk,like butan gas,really stinks a lot like
Skunk#1 from pre 90ies,very good yielder too.

It haves very very potent high but all phenos will give me strong depression like feelings and you dont feel well from that weed,friends tryed it and they say a same,it brings you in some dark mood,totally opposite from happy euphoric weed.
I remember many years back when I bought this skunk strain.... My biggest mistake was buying a whole lot of it.... Honestly you could never hide the smell, and just as I thought that judging by color and smell that it'd be the best I'd had in a long time it was of great dissapointment.... It was strong yes, but it made me extremely stupid, it wasn't in anyway trippy psychedelic or dreamy I imidiatlety wanted or wished for a refund but knew that there was no way, I got a big bag of it but fortunately I never again bought something so good looking and smelly yet so dissapointing ever again.... What a waste of money... This was about 8 years ago though... If anything was to be made illegal it'd be that very exact skunky strain with non desirable effects that makes you stupid as hell, and can't hide the smell from it no matter where one hides it... I'm just sharing one of the worst experiences of all that I've ever had with herb 😂

Last edited:

Zeta Reticuli

I remember many years back when I bought this skunk strain.... My biggest mistake was buying a whole lot of it.... Honestly you could never hide the smell, and just as I thought that judging by color and smell that it'd be the best I'd had in a long time it was of great dissapointment.... It was strong yes, but it made me extremely stupid, it wasn't in anyway trippy psychedelic or dreamy I imidiatlety wanted or wished for a refund but knew that there was no way, I got a big bag of it but fortunately I never again bought something so good looking and smelly yet so dissapointing ever again.... What a waste of money... This was about 8 years ago though... If anything was to be made illegal it'd be that very exact skunky strain with non desirable effects that makes you stupid as hell, and can't hide the smell from it no matter where one hides it... I'm just sharing one of the worst experiences of all that I've ever had with herb 😂

I haved also stupid type of high from Herijuana,shes strong but made me dumb,no any internal thoughts,
brain process is freezed.

But this mine cross is even more worst,it gives you bad mental illness state,depression is not a joke,
so many people was stop their own life when depression kicks in.

Thats a question of Cannabionid profile,there are ones that are favorable and great to experience
like happy,giggle,euphoric and there are ones that need to be avoided,totally opposite from
good feelings that weed needs to give out.

Also belive that there are people who like negative vibes from weed so maybe they will love to experience
strain that made you depressive,hard stoned but sorrow from inside,for me it wasnt some experience
i will love to made again.

I look for feeling great weed.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Ran a pack of black domina looking for pain meds for the wife. Every time I smoked it I was sad a half hour later. Literally depressing. Lots of indica dominate strains leave me unmotivated and not a happy as I like. But that was by far the worst.

Querkle was guaranteed nap weed but I never got depressed.

Nextgeneration73

Ran a pack of black domina looking for pain meds for the wife. Every time I smoked it I was sad a half hour later. Literally depressing. Lots of indica dominate strains leave me unmotivated and not a happy as I like. But that was by far the worst.

Querkle was guaranteed nap weed but I never got depressed.
12 years back, I lived in a dormitory where the only stuff they sold was depressing laced weed that was hallucinatory but in a stupid way without the THC magic being present all the time, and literally it created many mental issues for me... I had to actually quit for many months, until I finally found good stuff (or at least clean proper weed) that I started enjoying it again.... That's what happens when it's not legalized.... People suffer.... It was an entirety other city far from the one I'm at though and I pity the people who live there smoking such disturbing crap that's horrific and probably not even medicinally helpful in any way....

Last edited:

Zeta Reticuli

12 years back, I lived in a dormitory where the only stuff they sold was depressing laced weed that was hallucinatory but in a stupid way without the THC magic being present all the time, and literally it created many mental issues for me... I had to actually quit for many months, until I finally found good stuff (or at least clean proper weed) that I started enjoying it again.... That's what happens when it's not legalized.... People suffer.... It was an entirety other city far from the one I'm at though and I pity the people who live there smoking such disturbing crap that's horrific and probably not even medicinally helpful in any way....

Few days back they catched here 1.5 ton of hemp flower laced with artificial cannabinoids,
people made all kind of malevolent things that later made problems to normal growers
who grows good strains and proper medicine.

Just imagine somewane wish to made concetrate for some ill friend or family and then buy
this laced weed with artificial cannabionids,good thing is they are now in jail and those crop
is out of streets.

Nextgeneration73

Few days back they catched here 1.5 ton of hemp flower laced with artificial cannabinoids,
people made all kind of malevolent things that later made problems to normal growers
who grows good strains and proper medicine.

Just imagine somewane wish to made concetrate for some ill friend or family and then buy
this laced weed with artificial cannabionids,good thing is they are now in jail and those crop
is out of streets.
😢 Yeah definitely... We had incidents here with laced weed that was literally laced with every type of spice, and other chemical substances and teens jumped off of buildings, and before you know it, the conservative authorities began ever since then searching far and wide for anyone growing proper weed even medicinal ones used for illnesses 😢 😡 For an example there was this one guy suffering from some type of chronic pain I can't recall if he had cancer but I think it was and he made himself THC mixed with CBD oil to help him get through the day since his medications only made it worse, but the Cannabis oil helped him so so much until some conservatives ratted him out to the authorities and sentenced him to prison obviously for many years.... And I still get chills of anger just remembering it.... The police and even their bosses talked about him like he was some kind of terrorist 😡... Elderly drunk folk who apperantly were of that so called "higher class" called him out for being a criminal low life and how he deserved to get the sentence that he got!!! 😡 Another mother conservative and this was also on the news of how she told police that her daughter was smoking weed and she was sentenced to prison, but the mother kept saying how it was for her own good 😡... And other conservative mothers and fathers and and grandparents kept saying how the mother did the right thing.... But why read the news when I've witnessed people here get in trouble for herb, and get ratted out for it by alcoholic conservatives (I drink too but I'm more pro weed than alcohol) but rest assured: I hate conservatives who hate weed so much because they ruin good and innocent lives 😡

Last edited: