What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Stoned in public. Your thoughts?

Sweatloaf

Do you like being stoned in public?

When I was a teen many years ago, it was a normal occurrence for me to be stoned in public with friends, etc or just going about my business. I would say it enhanced my experiences. I took about a 25 year hiatus from weed but have incorporated it back in my life and I find now that sometimes being a bit stoned in public can still enhance the experience, but unlike when I was young, other times it can be a real buzzkill.

I'd like to hear other people's experiences on this topic.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
I would prolly like it better if it wasn't full of people.
Wilderness public is super awesome any way you can get it but city public pretty much eats ass.

me and my 2 buddies smoked a joint before we went into our transcendental meditation class with the Yogi and about a dozen other students

we could not maintain and was asked to leave the classroom

I never laughed so pure and hard before that day

this was like 1968 just south of Santa Barbara up in the mountains in a little town called Ojai…

what a great couple of years those were!..,

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i get nervous sometimes if stoned and driving :angrymod: , but walking around ? fuck 'em...i figure that if my waist-length hair aint enough of a clue, they'll never know. :tiphat:

Brother Nature

I love it, I stay high all the time. In public, at work (not too high at work then it’s no fun), in private, whenever…

xtsho

Depends the weed and the effect it has. I don't smoke the high potency stuff anywhere but home in the evening. I don't go out in public with a diminished ability to respond to potential threats. There's no shortage of crazies running around where I live. If someone were to try and start something with me, take something from me, etc... I want to be at the top of my game.

Same thing with alcohol. I have an occasional beer when meeting up with friends but I limit myself to one while out in public. Doesn't matter if I'm driving or not.

Veritas629

I live in a place with medical cannabis and have a prescription, but no recreational cannabis yet. After a lifetime hiding my usage, I sometimes struggle to feel completely comfortable when stoned in public. Always keeping an eye out for trouble. And I still give cops a wide berth when stoned or carrying. I feel that a life-time of hiding something that wasn't ever morally wrong has left me with a very mild form of PTSD.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Stoned? Not really.

HAF? YES! It's the only way I deal with people well. LOL

Nearly 35 years of it makes it rather normal for me. ;)

Chills

As a Teenager i was stoned all day. I went stoned to school, in public everywhere... It was a good time but definitively not the best time in my life.
After some (many) encounters with psylocibin, Weed smoking and speacialy in combination with people became a problem.
Nowadays i hate being stoned an mess with sober people (neigbours/costumers/boring idiots).
If i smoke i celebrate it. Its my special/private time and im so glad i have a wife that has absolut no problem with it...

✌️

oldmaninbc

A moderate strength high all is fine can deal with public situations, getting a full-on high, that's a different story. I don't interact well with the public and it's get me away to the park or beach where I can just hang out and at most say HI to someone. Let my brain drift to where it wants to drift.
I have not driven since 2010, I didn't like to drive under a high potency strain, moderate strength, I could handle the road. The older I got, if I was operating machinery of any kind I preferred to be stone free.

I think talking in public with another cannabis user is easier.

Sweatloaf

A moderate strength high all is fine can deal with public situations, getting a full-on high, that's a different story. I don't interact well with the public and it's get me away to the park or beach where I can just hang out and at most say HI to someone. Let my brain drift to where it wants to drift.
I have not driven since 2010, I didn't like to drive under a high potency strain, moderate strength, I could handle the road. The older I got, if I was operating machinery of any kind I preferred to be stone free.

I think talking in public with another cannabis user is easier.

A lot of what you said resonates with me. I think you're touching on something that changes the experience: Age. When I was young and stoned most of the time, driving a vehicle anywhere, stupid or not, was not an issue at all. Flash forward 30 years.... It's not fun, not easy and ends up being stressful more than anything else. So now I'm very conscious about when I have to drive somewhere to make sure I have a good number of hours between.

Also, when I was young, being stoned anywhere basically doing most anything was not an issue. Carrying on conversations with friend's unsuspecting parents in their home? No problem. It actually made communication with others easier for me.

Now, 30 years later.... Talking to people who aren't stoned is not as easy, is a buzzkill and seems like it's more work that it's worth.

xtsho

Ran across this guy today in front of a Safeway grocery store. He seems to have no issue being high in public.

tweaker.jpg

moose eater

I mostly prefer to be in solitude when high, as I hate talking to folks I don't know when buzzed heavily, and random encounters can happen at any time.

Truth be told, as much as I talk in normal circumstances, the weed lubricates the thoughts and tongue simultaneously, and someone might end up feeling like they're being held captive by my meandering, somewhat tangential, stoned monologue.

Best to just either be in the middle of nowhere, or with people I know, or at home. Or especially my dogs. They're not all that critical about my frame of mind or presentation and appearance, though I think they sense strange pheromones when I'm tripping, and that weirds them out a little bit.