What's new

Stealth Dresser Build

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
You probably need some wood pieces and screws or nails to fix them around the perimeter and between the doors (usually one lip is added to one door), then u add the weather stripping to those for sealing the air/light gap as good as possible.

NeDank

Edit: Nixed this cab

Here is the cab I'm considering buying for this project. Maybe one big piece of reflective insulation inbetween the doors and the rest of the cab? I've pretty much got the inside air flow figured out I just need help figuring light proofing the door.
cab.PNG

Last edited:

NeDank

In this thread a guy put panda film where the doors are. I'll try that

piramidon

recidivist icmag - OUT-ist convins - microgrower
Veteran
What I usually do with these:
I cover the inside with dry wall, just put a few small nails in each side, then I glue (with dry wall cement) on all four sides dry wall strips (4 the overhang) on which I put self sticking "D" gasket. It works like a charm and the extra effort is also fireproofing the inside plus you can paint it all you want with no worries in case you want to re-use the cab otherwise.
You can go freaky and add some magnets with washers to stick making sure when you close the doors it's closed well. :good:

NeDank

What I usually do with these:
I cover the inside with dry wall, just put a few small nails in each side, then I glue (with dry wall cement) on all four sides dry wall strips (4 the overhang) on which I put self sticking "D" gasket. It works like a charm and the extra effort is also fireproofing the inside plus you can paint it all you want with no worries in case you want to re-use the cab otherwise.
You can go freaky and add some magnets with washers to stick making sure when you close the doors it's closed well. :good:
Thats a good idea thanks

NeDank

The problem with this cabinet is height and light.

I have a 3'x5'x6' autoflower tent that is being decommissioned after this run, in it are 5 55w autocob lights. I was hoping to put two of the lights in a new micro veg/flower combo cab. Height is an issue because seedlings need to start @22" then slowly lower as the plants grow to 12" half way through flowering.

It could maybe be a veg cab with cfls or screwing leds. Figuring how much space would be left over @ 16" tall pot size (6") and lighting (another 6") doesn't leave much left over for stretch.

I like how the drawer doors overlap which means less light proofing required.

I also have a full size dresser with 6 drawers maybe one side of it could be converted into a flower cab specs 15''deep 25'' Long 29" tall. The only problem with this is I store all my weed and growing supplies in these drawers.

Last edited:

NeDank

After much deliberation I've decided to go back to goodwill to buy a full size dresser. This particular one has 6 drawers one side will be veg the other flowering. It should be tall enough for autocobs. I'll document the build here

Last edited:

NeDank

Wasn't kidding about storing my auto weed in the drawer. Last pic is of current dresser without drawers. Inside dimentions are roughly 30x24x17 should be tall enough to use 2 autocob lights

100_1131.JPG

100_1132.JPG

Last edited:

NeDank

My thoughts so far are as follows

It doesn't need walls or floor made of wood just panda film.
It's plenty big enough, lights, carbon scrubber, and electronics will fit

Do note this may not be the final cab I still need to buy the one from goodwill. Whichever is taller will win

Last edited:

brickweeder

I like the goodwill option...always enjoy cab builds and the problem solving that comes along with them.

NeDank

I went to buy the dresser today ($20) and am waiting for my sister to bring her jeep over so we can pick it up. It's not a 6 drawer 3 side by side like my other one. I'll get a pic later when we get back.

Latest posts

Latest posts