What's new

~Star~Crash~ All & Everything

Farmer John

Old and in the way.
Veteran
5,5 million, 5,556 to be precise. We are small, but we are children of the forest and 10000 lakes. Even the vikings didnt dare to bother us so that tells a lot 😅 but we've had our fair share of trouble not so long ago and it still shows today, in the politics etc. But yeah, we are straight forward in your face honest people. That love to drink 🤣

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
5,5 million, 5,556 to be precise. We are small, but we are children of the forest and 10000 lakes. Even the vikings didnt dare to bother us so that tells a lot 😅 but we've had our fair share of trouble not so long ago and it still shows today, in the politics etc. But yeah, we are straight forward in your face honest people. That love to drink 🤣
A long long time ago I had a girlfriend who was from Stockholm her name was Eva Martin Swedish to the core she was here in USA working as au pair...I went over to visit twice and boy they like to drink ! they threw it down !

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use to go to a club in Toronto called the Electric Circus, I seen Creedence play there, it was the only time I ever seen the manager come out and thank a band for their performance. It was a very good performance. I have always enjoyed their music.
Can Recall what year? I’ve heard of the electric Circus

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We had one in New York City http://lostlivedead.blogspot.com/2013/10/may-7-9-1968-electric-circus-23-st.html
The Grateful Dead first came to underground prominence in San Francisco, but their next conquest was Manhattan. Although the Grateful Dead did not sell a lot of records until 1970, and did not become a significant concert attraction until that time, Manhattan took a shine to them early. New York City Deadheads, from Brooklyn and Queens as well as Manhattan, were among the first to make visits by the Grateful Dead an occasion to attend every single show. San Franciscans could afford to be casual, because the Dead would always return home, but Manhattan seems to have been the first place where fans were determined to go to every single show in town. Thus it is no surprise that there were legendary 60s Dead shows from Manhattan, most notably at The Fillmore East, but also at the Cafe Au Go Go, in Central Park, and at Flushing Meadows, among other places.

Yet the Grateful Dead played six largely forgotten shows in three nights in Manhattan, on the weekend of May 7, 8 and 9, 1968. All six shows were likely packed, and yet the shows are thoroughly forgotten. Part of the reason for this, of course, is that no tapes endure from those shows, and in this century that often causes Dead shows to drift into the darkness. Yet given the number of people who must have attended the shows, it is surprising how little references there are to the shows at Manhattan's now largely forgotten Electric Circus. There is enough evidence to be certain that the shows occurred, and yet the Electric Circus has become invisible in the 60s Grateful Dead narrative, a very rare state for any Dead shows in Manhattan. This post will look at what can be retrieved from the Grateful Dead's weekend at the Electric Circus, and attempt to look at the club itself, in order to try and sketch a picture of what the Dead's show may have been like.

oldmaninbc

420club
The Electric Circus operated during the 60s, I think there was a few of them, I believe there was at least one in the U.S. New York.
They were unique, when they called it a circus, it was because during set breaks a fire breather would come out and perform and also a trapeze act would happen with the long version of In-A-Gadda-Da-Vidda would play with crazy strobe lights going. Behind the band was a large circular display that looked like paint was mixing and swirling, it was awesome. Psychedelics increased the enjoyment level 10fold.
There was also a radio station that broad cast from the circus.
I couldn't believe it but I met the fire breather many years later in a small town on the other side of the country, amazing.
It was a great time and never to be forgotten.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
You must be old @oldmaninbc :cool: It was closed before I could ever go.

Dinner is simmering now. Any guesses what?

IMG_20241002_164332867.jpg

Hint: It involves chicken and even my Magyar mother-in-law admitted that mine was better than hers . . . :rasta:

oldmaninbc

420club
You must be old @oldmaninbc :cool: It was closed before I could ever go.

Dinner is simmering now. Any guesses what?

View attachment 19077131

Hint: It involves chicken and even my Magyar mother-in-law admitted that mine was better than hers . . . :rasta:
I turned 75 in September. I use to frequent the Electric Circus and for blues to the Colonial Tavern.

Not sure what's cooking but what I do see looks like the makings of something good.

Latest posts

Latest posts